What's new

Bangladeshi, Chinese companies team up to build 162-megawatt power plant

SBUS-CXK

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
1521181523364.jpg

DHAKA, Mar. 16 (Xinhua) -- A consortium of Chinese and Bangladeshi companies will build a 162-megawatt furnace oil-based power plant in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh's cabinet committee on purchase on Wednesday reportedly approved the plant which will be run under the build-own-operate basis for 15 years.

The consortium, comprising a Chinese coal power company, Bangladeshi Icon Enterprise Ltd. and Chase Power Ltd., will set up the plant in the country's Manikganj district, some 63 km northwest of capital Dhaka.

In line with a proposal paper, the Bangladeshi government will buy electricity from the plant at 10.5350 dollar cents per kilowatt hour.

YAY! We need more energy and infra projects. The more the better. China is already building a lot of power plants. Two of which will come online in 2019 April and august I think and total of 2.6 GW. Chinese investment in Energy is crucial for BD. We have been energy scarce country but now BD is having energy infra boom with the massive amount of Chinese help. :china::china::china:

YAY! We need more energy and infra projects. The more the better. China is already building a lot of power plants. Two of which will come online in 2019 April and august I think and total of 2.6 GW. Chinese investment in Energy is crucial for BD. We have been energy scarce country but now BD is having energy infra boom with the massive amount of Chinese help. :china::china::china:
a small correction -- it is not help, this is Chinese and Bangladesh cooperation.

I hope China and Bangladesh common development(this is what I have been saying from 2016 at PDF, Maybe some Bangladesh members have noticed me in 2016). Bangladesh is good. It doesn't need Chinese help, so it's cooperation.

Not a wise decision. BD should have gone for solar.
We aren't building any single type of energy infra. Just on top of my head, among that are already under construction are LNG based power plants, coal based power plants, oil and solar based plants and nuclear power plants. All under construction and most of them Will come online before 2020, with almost all of them over 1 or 2 GW each production capacity. Solar I think 5 plants, where 2 is reasonably sized and others are small ones. Government is diversifying energy sector massively, not relying on any single one.
a small correction -- it is not help, this is Chinese and Bangladesh cooperation.

I hope China and Bangladesh common development(this is what I have been saying from 2016 at PDF, Maybe some Bangladesh members have noticed me in 2016). Bangladesh is good. It doesn't need Chinese help, so it's cooperation.
Of course. My point was, BD have been on an energy drive in the past over half decade and it was possible because we could get Chinese investment. In the end it's just business between two countries but investment on energy front is much appreciated by citizens like me.

Why not NOW...
Cuz when it comes to Gas based power plants we have skilled workforce, but not enough gas to run them.

And when it's about solar & wind, we don't have enough skilled workforce & companies to run them.

It's what I call a 'মাইনকা চিপা'। And when you get stuck in one you try to wiggle out of it, jumping won't work. And don't forget oiling will get you out of it faster. :P

Contrary to what people are saying about SUMMIT, the news itself says of two BD companies, none of them is SUMMIT.

"The consortium, comprising a Chinese coal power company, Bangladeshi Icon Enterprise Ltd. and Chase Power Ltd., will set up the plant in the country's Manikganj district".

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom