What's new

Bangladesh workers serving in 155 countries

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Bangladesh workers serving in 155 countries

New Age | Newspaper

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha . Dhaka

The expatriates’ welfare and overseas employment minister, Khandoker Mosharraf Hossain, has said Bangladeshi workers have been serving in more than 155 countries in the world.

‘Bangladeshi workers are now working in more than 155 countries,’ said the minister when a delegation of All European Bangladesh Association called on him at his ministry office in Dhaka on Tuesday.

Expatriates’ welfare secretary Zafar Ahmed Khan, AEBA president r Joynul Abedin, president of French- Bangladesh Chamber Economy Kazi Enayet Ullah and AEBA executives Nurul Wahid, Mizanur Rahman and Mainul Islam Nasim, among others, were present.

Mosharraf, however, urged Bangladesh nationals to follow the right path of migration and overseas jobs, instead of finding illegal ways. He also urged expatriate Bangladeshis to discourage others to migrate through illegal means.

The minister said remittance from expatriate Bangladeshis has been contributing to the national economy substantially and the economic indicators show that it would continue for years in near future.

He also discussed matters relating to temporary and seasonal jobs of Bangladesh nationals in Europe. The AEBA informed the minister there were great demand for skilled, semi skilled and seasonal Bangladeshi agricultural workers in Europe.

According to government figures, eight million Bangladeshis now work overseas, although unofficial estimates put the figure at more than 10 million. Bangladeshi migrant workers sent home a record $12.85 billion in 2011-12 fiscal.

I was on holiday in Italy a couple of days back and was lost while searching for my hotel. Not many Italians speak English while my Italian was non existent. However I noticed a large number of Bangladeshis there with whom I had no problem conversing in English or Hindi. They helped me get to my hotel.
A number of restaurants there had waiters from Bangladesh who spoke English quiet well and were used to serve the tables with visiting tourists.

I was very surprised to see Bangladeshis in Italy who had learned Italian and were working there.

bangladeshis by nature are very hardworking ppl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom