What's new

Bangladesh will work with friendly India as before: Hasina

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
Sheikh Hasina today saidBangladeshwould continue to work with the new Indian government under Prime MinisterNarendraModi to resolve bilateral issues like the Teesta agreement and boundary dispute and maintain friendly ties withIndia.

"Awami League government had worked with five different governments of India from 1996-2001 and 2009-14 by maintaining good relations and solving many problems," she told a press conference in comments about the future of Dhaka-Delhities after the new Indian government came to power.

She added, "We must have exchange of visits. Problems will exist and those would be solved through discussion. Our policy is friendship to all, malice to none," she said.

Hasina said Awami League had worked with allCongress-led and non-Congress governments in India and had resolved several outstanding issues like the landmark 1996 Ganges Water Treaty.

She said she expected Modi to visit Bangladesh first as "I invited him first to visit Bangladesh".

The Bangladesh premier, however, again criticised West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for scuttling a proposed treaty for the sharing of waters of the Teesta river.

"We nearly inked the Teesta agreement, but it was not done due to the veto of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at the last moment. Despite that we took the deal far ahead," she said.

But she said talks were underway to resolve the Teesta issue "though the responsibility of resolving the issue now lies with India".

However, she said, Bangladesh was now thinking about "alternative steps" for enhanced augmentation of flows in common rivers through initiatives like dredging.

The Bangladesh premier claimed her government took initiatives to solve land boundary problems with India and "Bangladesh has already ratified the Land Boundary Agreement, while India has placed the deal before its parliament. And I have firm belief that we could solve the problems".

"India is a large country and Bangladesh may be a small one, but we are independent and sovereign. All will have to keep this in mind," she said.

Hasina had earlier congratulated Modi on the resounding victory of his BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in the Lok Sabha elections.

"I am delighted to see a great friend of Bangladesh leading an extremely friendly country, India, in the coming days," she said in a message sent to Modi while she later spoke to him on the phone.

At the time Hasina also told Modi "I hope that you would find my country your second home and first destination for your official visit abroad" while she praised his "dynamic, inspiring and visionary leadership qualities".

Bangladesh will work with friendly India as before: Hasina | Business Standard

resolved several outstanding issues like the landmark 1996 Ganges Water Treaty.

Jammatis still whine about this one,saying its "Unfair" and "India is stealing water" bla bla bla.to teach them a lesson,we shouldn't sign the Teesta deal. :D

"I hope that you would find my country your second home

Modi should say,"I hope you too feel likewise"(BD as her 2nd home and India 1st). :lol:

Both our leaders Hasina and Khaleda are controlled by India. So building animosity with India even for one second would make our country unstable.

Can Bangladesh ever be a sovereign country?

If both of them are controlled by India, then both must be eliminated. Traitors and foreign agents are not welcome in any country. Sooner or later all foreign agents will get their just desert.

As if it has any other option . There engine for growth , consumer goods , entertainment , investments is India .

It is saddening to see how, India has entangled the BD completely. Hearing such news makes me feel good that we got rid of Bangladesh for good :D Imagine we were together, they would be jumping our borders illegally :D

If both of them are controlled by India, then both must be eliminated. Traitors and foreign agents are not welcome in any country. Sooner or later all foreign agents will get their just desert.

in BD,everything is being controlled by RAW,including AL,BNP,Jammat,Police,RAB,Para Military,Border Guard,Army,Navy,Airforce,Coast Guard,Homeguard,Chowkidar,Lungi Industry,Dipjol,Mosharraf karim, @IamBengali and @BDforever .

RAW's slogan in BD........

url

Speak for Hasina you Indian kusra?

Khaleda Zia is not your concern.

So, tell me if Khaleda comes in power Bangladesh will be 'sovereign' country? Why can't you understand that Indian dominance will be in Bangladesh 'FOREVER' due to geographical and cultural reason. Stop blind hating a whole nation just because they are non-Muslims but I am sure you again will abuse me with slang words.

So, tell me if Khaleda comes in power Bangladesh will be 'sovereign' country? Why can't you understand that Indian dominance will be in Bangladesh 'FOREVER' due to geographical and cultural reason. Stop blind hating a whole nation just because they are non-Muslims but I am sure you again will abuse me with slang words.

Leave him be. I am certain that whenever he comes to Bangladesh he hops the fence with a pole to visit India :D

Back
Top Bottom