What's new

Bangladesh & Srilanka likely to host IPL 7 in 2014

imkhasif

Reaction score
Bangladesh may be a host of the next season’s Indian Premier League (IPL) or at least some matches of the T20 tournament, the Indian Express, reported Tuesday. ‘Sri Lanka or Bangladesh, or both, could be the likely host,’ a top cricket board official said in Mumbai. The reason is the same as in 2009, when the second season was played in South Africa, due to Lok Sabha elections. The election dates are not known yet, but the BCCI has begun to prepare for a possible overlap with the IPL, which is played in April and May. ‘A clear picture will emerge only after the dates for the Lok Sabha elections are announced,’ the BCCI official said adding ‘Until then, we are considering whether to have a few games in India and then move abroad, or vice versa.’ ‘Both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are short journeys, so logistically, it won't be much of a problem,’ the official further said. The current Lok Sabha's term ends in May 2014, and if the election is not brought forward, the IPL will coincide with campaigning and voting, and severely stretch security forces.

Link : 2009 redux: In another poll year, IPL 7 may move to Bangladesh, Sri Lanka - Indian Express

Link : Bangladesh may host IPL 7

I dont know if its good for bd or not. Cause It may creat serious effect on BPL .

See the good side ,,u may find something good,,

SA benefited a lot though..

IPL has become boring now :( ...bring back akon, warne,pakistani team,cheerleaders and last but not the...lalit modi....

In 2009 IPL was declined security due to elections, if that happens again then yes IPL will be played overseas lately SA board is not on very good terms with BCCI so SA is out of question, but I believe UK will be the second choice

In 2009 IPL was declined security due to elections, if that happens again then yes IPL will be played overseas lately SA board is not on very good terms with BCCI so SA is out of question, but I believe UK will be the second choice

UK will not host any IPL matchs . They already refused .. :p

IPL has become boring now :( ...bring back akon, warne,pakistani team,cheerleaders and last but not the...lalit modi....

why did they take the cheer leaders out? Are they stupid?

We don't want Bangladesh hosting the IPL. I feel sick just thinking about it. Most of my white and black friends in the UK watch IPL. They don't want too see it hosted in dirty Bangladesh. Sri Lanka would be suitable as they probably have the cleanest capital city in South Asia and are relatively safe at the moment. Pakistan would also be good if they can get their security sorted. Remember Bangladeshis, the IPL is a gift that your country in nowhere near ready for yet. :)

We don't want Bangladesh hosting the IPL. I feel sick just thinking about it. Most of my white and black friends in the UK watch IPL. They don't want too see it hosted in dirty Bangladesh. Sri Lanka would be suitable as they probably have the cleanest capital city in South Asia and are relatively safe at the moment. Pakistan would also be good if they can get their security sorted. Remember Bangladeshis, the IPL is a gift that your country in nowhere near ready for yet. :)
man... we were told the same when we hosted commonwealth games... in delhi.

Ok....chill....We r not begging for IPL 7 to host in BD . BCCI might requested to us.
And remember BD was one of the country who host world cup 2011 succesfully with grand OC.
& BD will also host ICC world cup T20 2014 too.

we are not far better than them. no need to act high and mighty

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom