What's new

Bangladesh attains 100% electricity coverage with inauguration of China-funded power plant

Destranator

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh attains full electricity coverage with inauguration of China-funded power plant Source: Xinhua| 2022-03-22 17:08:02| DHAKA, March 22 (Xinhua) -- Bangladesh has moved to a new era by attaining 100 percent electricity coverage in the country with the inauguration of the first China-funded eco-friendly mega power plant at Payra in Patuakhali district, some 204 km south of the capital Dhaka. Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the country's first 1,320MW ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plant by releasing 1,320 pigeons at an auspicious ceremony on Monday. The prime minister visited the project site and inaugurated the coal-fired power plant by unveiling its nameplate at the function in presence of hundreds of local and foreign dignitaries, including Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Li Jiming. A festive mood prevailed from beach town Kuakata in Bangladesh's Patuakhali district, some 204 km south of Dhaka, to the Payra power plant and their neighborhoods which got huge facelift with various eye-catching decoration pieces, including hundreds of boats - election symbol of Hasina's ruling Bangladesh Awami League party. Bangladesh-China Power Company Limited (BCPCL), a joint venture of China National Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CMC) and Bangladesh's North-West Power Generation Company Limited (NWPGCL), and a consortium of China Energy Engineering Group Northeast No. 1 Electric Power Construction Co., Ltd.(NEPC ) and China National Energy Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd. (CECC) signed the plant's engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract in 2016. To implement Payra 1,320MW Thermal Power Plant Project in the fastest possible time, the EPC work also started on March 30, 2016 and the project was completed in due time. With the Payra power plant, Bangladesh has been credited with the 13th country in the world using Ultra Supercritical Technology. Addressing the inauguration ceremony, the Bangladeshi premier said, "This is the biggest thing that we've been able to light houses of every people." With opening of the power plant, Bangladesh has achieved another milestone in implementing the government's pledge to bring 100-percent people under electricity coverage by "Mujib Borsho (year)" (marking the birth centenary of the country's Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, also known as "Mujib") which is going to end on March 31. She thanked the Chinese government and all the staff of Bangladesh and China who contributed to this project. Chinese Ambassador Li Jiming said, "This project serves another major breakthrough in China-Bangladesh cooperation in the Belt and Road Initiative, another splendid symbol of China's strong commitment to Bangladesh in its development." The 1,320MW thermal power plant which has two units, each with a capacity of 660MW, has already commenced its commercial operations. ■ http://www.xinhuanet.com/asiapacific/20220322/198915f7ca754ed1ad4fbe235a313171/c.html

But the real question is can BD hardness this power to finally make sewing needles ?
but before you can make needles , you need to make needle making machinery.
to make needle making machinery , you need Copper and Iron which will require workers
for workers you need clothes , for which you will need needles to stich

In short,
we will have to destroy all factories and mills in BD (de-industrialise) and start from zero
this means we should go back to the stone age in order to progress properly
we will have to stop farming in favour of becoming hunter-gatherers since we cannot produce needles.
use the steam engine
re-invent the wheel etc.

Bhaiera, boro bhaikey chhaira dao.

Uni amader desher bhalo boi mondo chan na.

Mejaj ektu gorom ar ki, ki bolen @bluesky bhai?

Neither of us would fight like cats and dogs if none of us cared....

to make needle making machinery , you need Copper and Iron which will require workers

In short,
we will have to destroy all factories and mills in BD (de-industrialise) and start from zero
we will have to stop farming in favour of becoming hunter-gatherers since we cannot produce needles.
use the steam engine
re-invent the wheel etc.

Indeed, the infamous shui dhaga (shuta) conundrum.

In short,
use the steam engine
re-invent the wheel etc.
I have no intention to answer your stupid and wrong theory on industrialization. But, I thought WALTON has started producing needles without burning the sewing machines in the garments factories.

Do not you think it is the way for many other mechanical industries including farm machineries like power tillers. BD is importing tractors instead from what countries I do not know.

But by importing mechanical goods and forcing young people to serve the ME countries, you guys shout in chorus on the development of the country.

No production of mechanical products means no industrial development. No industrial development means no national development. National development by borrowing other countries' money is no recipe for national development.

If you doubt my assertion, please read the development stories of all the developed countries. No country developed without mechanical industries and no country developed with borrowed money.

Study other cases of national development and prove me wrong.

In short,
use the steam engine
re-invent the wheel etc.

Stop bulling this guy. He just wants a readily safe available heaven in his homeland for his recreational medicinal activities. At least safety comes first with this guy.

I have no intention to answer your stupid and wrong theory on industrialization. But, I thought WALTON has started producing needles without burning the sewing machines in the garments factories.

Do not you think it is the way for many other mechanical industries including farm machineries like power tillers. BD is importing tractors instead from what countries I do not know.

But by importing mechanical goods and forcing young people to serve the ME countries, you guys shout in chorus on the development of the country.

No production of mechanical products means no industrial development. No industrial development means no national development. National development by borrowing other countries' money is no recipe for national development.

If you doubt my assertion, please read the development stories of all the developed countries. No country developed without mechanical industries and no country developed with borrowed money.

Study other cases of national development and prove me wrong.

Apart for needles, you might be talking some sense.

Walton is the only large company that produces some or most of the integral electro-mechanical components from scratch or from near nothing.

There another company that produces national grid and commercial transformers that's at a way better standard than b**-dians goods.

In the next couple of years there gonna greater auto assembling chain in bdesh. This will give room mid-large size companies to produce auto components at international oem standard parts, and eventually get into auto supply manufacturing supply chain.

There a bd company that use to export air filters and other filters

Apart for needles, you might be talking some sense.

Walton is the only large company that produces some or most of the integral electro-mechanical components from scratch or from near nothing.

There another company that produces national grid and commercial transformers that's at a way better standard than b**-dians goods.

In the next couple of years there gonna greater auto assembling chain in bdesh. This will give room mid-large size companies to produce auto components at international oem standard parts, and eventually get into auto supply manufacturing supply chain.

There a bd company that use to export air filters and other filters

Yup - I've uploaded videos on some of these companies before.

As larger investments come in - industrial ecosystem (parts/servicing) investments will come in with those or soon after. Some will even get invested locally....

Let's keep the thread on topic - bhaiera amar....

Good to see prosperous days ahead of Bangladesh well done :tup:
Pakistan has many power stations and hydroelectric projects financed by foreign borrowing. But, those are now unable to supply power to the industries and houses.

It is the same in BD. All big plants are financed with foreign loans. This cannot be sustained as well. Our people have poor maintenance knowledge for which a separate dedicated team must be formed.

But, both BD and Pakistan govts have little understanding how to establish dedicated and worthy maintenance teams.

Let us hope the govts form these teams to supply uninterrupted power. However, I have reasons to believe that nothing good will come out unless the power sector is managed by private companies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom