What's new

Bangladesh Army

@Ankur Pandey, your troops need to drink raw snake blood and flesh to keep them both physiaclly and mentally fit. This is how they will overcome fear when they face our troops. So, ask your govt to feed your troops a very high calorie snake meat which is far better than even beef or buffallow.

But, certainly the females, by law of biology, are a distraction for the male troops in a battle field. They are nuisance in a deadly job. I hope, the army will not send the females to fight, at least not before it is not necessary to send also the civilian volunteers and the war turns into a people's war.

One Navy official once told me that when a ship sets out for sea, the female officers are boarded out at shore. I'm not sure if it's still continuing.

NOH! FEMALE OFFICERS DONT FIGHT, THEY ARE JUST COMMANDING OFFICER........

Women in Bangladesh Army « Bangladesh « DHAKA NEWS

Participation of women in army, navy and air force is little controversial issue all over the world. Many critics say, women are not competent enough for this kind of job. They will be an easier target for the enemy in the battle.

But the most accepted opinion is women should be allowed to participate like other sectors of a country. They are physically and mentally capable of doing the job. There is another opinion that participation of women in army may reduce violence against women during war time.

Bangladesh army didn’t recruit women for many years. But at 2003 following many army of the world, the Bangladesh army decided to recruit women. Women were recruited as commanding officer. In past, this post was considered as men’s only post. These female officers proved that they are as good as their male counterpart. Even some women officers worked for UN peace keeping forces.

Major Nashara Afroaz is one of the female officers of Bangladesh army. She also worked for UN peace keeping force in Sudan, which is a volatile region and the militias always carry loaded machine guns in hand. Now she is working for 8th field regiment artillery, where all of her subordinates are male.

She says, in the early days some male subordinates were little shy to obey a female commanding officer. She says now the situation has improved a lot. She is one of the few female officers trained to fight in front line. But still only male soldier is recruited, where hand to hand fight is required.

DN_Nashara.jpg

One Bangladeshi company has been making military uniforms for US and NATO forces since 2001.

BD making US, NATO troops? uniform

DHAKA: The uniforms of United States of America (USA) and NATO troops along with the dresses of would famous brand are being made in Bangladesh.

Two units of a factory in Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ) are making the uniforms. The factory also supplies the uniforms for British police and armed forces of different European countries.
The factory started making uniforms for NATO troops in 2001.
Visiting UK Minister Alistair Burt visited the factory in DEPZ on Monday afternoon.

An officer of the factory, wishing anonymity, told banglanews that the factory never wants that the type of their work and the factory name to be disclosed.

But the UK minister’s visit to the factory made the matter in public though the factory requested media not to disclose the factory name.
The factory exports military uniforms worth $40 lakh every year.
Visiting UK minister said, “I am relaxed after watching the environment and quality of work of the factory.”

BDST: 2136 HRS, MAY 28, 2012

Hiring Females in the army may be a politically correct thing to do. But I wonder whether it adds any value to the force or not. I feel its just distracting.

I think they should not be deployed in very hostile or volatile situation. More should be recruited at medical corp. Well, in US military there are many rapes cases found.

I think they should not be deployed in very hostile or volatile situation. More should be recruited at medical corp. Well, in US military there are many rapes cases found.

Hmmm, i agree with you that they should not deployed in the direct fighting. However, if possible, i want them to be trained as snipers. Women russian snipers were quite effective during the world war II

২০১২-২০১৩ অর্থবছরে বাংলাদেশের সামরিক বাজেট ধরা হচ্ছে মোট বাজেটের ৬.৮ শতাংশ। যার পরিমান প্রায় ১২৯৮৫ কোটি টাকা।

- MHJ ...

Back
Top Bottom