What's new

Baluchistan included in Indo-Pak joint statement.

India have no right to be in - balochistani affair its pakistan's nternal affair,

Indian - presence will only make bloc suffer, bloch cant servive more than a week if they are divided and seprated from pakistan.

its like indian saying : giving match box to monkey he will burn down whole city.

I think even if pakistan is funding or supportine terrorism - india need not support terrorism in pakistan. because it will only affect civil people who have nothing to do with pakistani or indian political stand or hate.

This cycle wont stop as long as Pakistan is fermenting trouble in Kashmir, India will try the same medicine for pakistan. It would be better for all the people if both the countries stop meddling in each others affairs.:bounce:

This cycle wont stop as long as india does not give the people of kashmir there right to choose what they want for there nation.
Pakistan meddling in indian affairs is when the ISI starts gving its full support to the maoist.
The only to get anything sloved is to get the kashmir issue solved to the benefit of all parties involved ,only then can we realistically move towards have peaceful relations.

SHARM-EL-SHEIKH (July 17 2009): For the first time in the history of roller-coaster Indo-Pak relations, Pakistan took up the issue of insurgency in Balochistan with India at the highest level when Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani conveyed his country's concerns to his Indian counterpart Dr Manmohan Singh about New Delhi's increasing involvement in disturbances in Balochistan on Thursday at a meeting between the two South Asian leaders on the sidelines of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit at Egyptian resort Sharm-el-Sheikh.

Although, Dr Singh's reaction to Mr Gilani's concerns does not form the text of the joint statement issued at the end of the meeting, it does state that "Prime Minister Gilani mentioned that Pakistan has some information on threats in Balochistan and other areas".

Prime minister Gilani is understood to have asked Dr Singh not to meddle in Balochistan insurgency anymore with a view to overcoming trust deficit between the two countries in an effective and meaningful manner.

Gilani is also believed to have pointed out that the disproportionate number of Indian diplomatic outposts in Afghanistan is a matter of grave concern for Pakistan and there have been signs of Indian involvement in Balochistan. The "other areas" mentioned in the joint statement where Indian involvement has been suspected is country's north-western areas where Indian-made arms and ammunition were recovered from the insurgents.

what is this news paper named "speculation times"

If arms and ammunition were recovered and Pakistan is 'sure' that India is behind the disturbance then where's the proof?

If arms and ammunition were recovered and Pakistan is 'sure' that India is behind the disturbance then where's the proof?

Apparently provided to the Indian PM.

Enough proof apparently for Baluchistan to make it into the statement.

Otherwise I am sure they talked about the weather and a host of other issues as well, but those did not make it in did they?

Otherwise I am sure they talked about the weather and a host of other issues as well, but those did not make it in did they?

provide some links please...
apparently while addressing the press after talks, manmohan said " India doesn't believe to comment on other countries internal matter"
I'll check for video...

Gilani simply issued a statement.Should there have been evidence it would have been news and accusations would have been flying thick and fast.

provide some links please...
apparently while addressing the press after talks, manmohan said " India doesn't believe to comment on other countries internal matter"
I'll check for video...

Check the other thread on the issue of Baluchistan, and the joint statement itself - 'shared some information', what do you think that was? Information on the cultural heritage of Baluchistan?

The fact that that sentence made it into the joint statement indicates that whatever information was shared was significant, otherwise why would India 'comment on the internal matter of another country' in a joint statement?:lol:

MMS has contradicted the joint statement (and therefore himself apparently) twice now - first on the 'delinking of the composite dialog form progress in Mumbai attacks' and second here in 'not commenting on another nations internal matter'.

Pakistan should not take this into the media since it will do nothing - pressure will not created with stories in the media, it will occur with sharing information with the US and India and convincing the two that Indian interference in Pakistan is counterproductive to peace and stability in the region.

Check the other thread on the issue of Baluchistan, and the joint statement itself - 'shared some information', what do you think that was? Information on the cultural heritage of Baluchistan?

The fact that that sentence made it into the joint statement indicates that whatever information was shared was significant, otherwise why would India 'comment on the internal matter of another country' in a joint statement?:lol:

MMS has contradicted the joint statement (and therefore himself apparently) twice now - first on the 'delinking of the composite dialog form progress in Mumbai attacks' and second here in 'not commenting on another nations internal matter'.

Pakistan should not take this into the media since it will do nothing - pressure will not created with stories in the media, it will occur with sharing information with the US and India and convincing the two that Indian interference in Pakistan is counterproductive to peace and stability in the region.

lol AM... what a prediction....

India’s record in Balochistan ‘open book’, PM tells Gilani

New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) “Our conduct is an open book,” Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told Pakistani Premier Yousuf Raza Gilani when he brought up the issue of India being “active” in the restive Balochistan area.
During the hour-long talks between the two leaders in Sharm-el-Sheikh Thursday, Manmohan Singh discussed the issue of terrorist acts “aided, abetted and inspired from Pakistan”.

And Gilani countered it by mentioning India’s alleged involvement in Pakistan’s western province of Balochistan bordering Afghanistan.

“He said in our country people say India is active in Balochistan.:rofl: And I said our conduct is an open book,” Manmohan Singh told reporters in Sharm-el-Sheikh after his talks with the Pakistani leader.

“We are willing to discuss all issues because we are doing nothing,” the prime minister said.

“… and I said to him that I have been told several times that Indian consulates in Afghanistan are engaged in undesirable activities,” Manmohan Singh said, adding that these consulates had been set up “way back in the 1950s”.

“But if you have any evidence, we are willing to look at it because we are an open book, we have nothing to hide. We are not afraid of discussing any of these issues,” the prime minister said.

In a surprise inclusion, Balochistan found mention Thursday in the joint statement as an issue between India and

Pakistan.

“Prime Minister Gilani mentioned that Pakistan has some information on threat in Balochistan and other areas,”
the document stated.

It was the first time that Balochistan has been referred to in any joint declaration between the two countries.

However, there is no mention of Kashmir anywhere in the one-page document.

Last edited:
open book? .. what kindve reply is that to an allegation?

This cycle wont stop as long as Pakistan is fermenting trouble in Kashmir, India will try the same medicine for pakistan. It would be better for all the people if both the countries stop meddling in each others affairs.:bounce:

This is the millionth time that we the Pakistanis answer this question to you Indians.

Now remember this once for all, because this has been discussed in other sections of this forum many many times.

Kashmir is a disputed territory as per U.N. Not an Indian territory, disputed territory.

Baluchistan is an integral part of Pakistan and is not in any way a territory for our enemies to interfere, as you did in East Pakistan, when you trained Mukti Bahuni for 5 years and smuggled weapons and what not to make trouble, but this is another topic for another time.

SO STOP EQUATING KASHMIR WITH BALUCHISTAN.

It is like if you stole my bike and I want it back because you stole it, and you instead of it you interfere in my home saying that you want to get your thing back so i have to interfere to tech you. What a logic.

Share it with the world then ....

Why limit the proof to itself.?

Give it to the media...like India did with 26/11

Empty bowl make more noise.

If you could have...You would have.

This is the millionth time that we the Pakistanis answer this question to you Indians.

Now remember this once for all, because this has been discussed in other sections of this forum many many times.

Kashmir is a disputed territory as per U.N. Not an Indian territory, disputed territory.

Baluchistan is an integral part of Pakistan and is not in any way a territory for our enemies to interfere, as you did in East Pakistan, when you trained Mukti Bahuni for 5 years and smuggled weapons and what not to make trouble, but this is another topic for another time.

SO STOP EQUATING KASHMIR WITH BALUCHISTAN.

It is like if you stole my bike and I want it back because you stole it, and you instead of it you interfere in my home saying that you want to get your thing back so i have to interfere to tech you. What a logic.

Pakistanis might have told Million times - but it does not change the fact that - Pakistan is sending terrorists into india ( whole of india, including J&K eg. Mumbai , New Delhi)

What are indians supposed to do - we just returning the favour in baluchistan. :welcome:

Share it with the world then ....

Why limit the proof to itself.?

Give it to the media...like India did with 26/11

Empty bowl make more noise.

If you could have...You would have.
As I pointed out, what will putting it in the media do?

Nothing - it has been shared with the US and it has apparently been shared with India, and the evidence was strong enough to include a mention in the joint statement.

Do you think your diplomats didn't realize the implications behind including a reference to Baluchistan in the joint statement? No one comes to these things without their homework done, and the two sides spent hours crafting the statement.

Pakistanis might have told Million times - but it does not change the fact that - Pakistan is sending terrorists into india ( whole of india, including J&K eg. Mumbai , New Delhi)

Your own dossier denied that any evidence linking Pakistani institutions to the Mumbai attacks was found, and both Indian and Western defence and military analysts have stated that cross border infiltration and the insurgency is down significantly, mostly because of Pakistani cooperation along the LoC.

This is also indirectly validated through the presence of the composite dialog in 2007-2008, under which an agreement on moving on the Kashmir dispute was close at hand. There would have been no dialog or movement towards dispute resolution had Pakistan not shown tangibly that it was addressing Indian concerns.
What are indians supposed to do - we just returning the favour in baluchistan. :welcome:

Unfortunately you are not returning the favor - while Pakistan has helped end/limit the insurgency in Kashmir, the insurgency in Baluchistan has ramped up. Secondly, the favor will actually be returned when we get back to the position we were at in the composite dialog in 2007-08.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom