What's new

Balochistan is home to world’s most expensive metal’

In 2002 I meat some one , high ranking officer in mineral department of Pakistan , very highly qualified. He told me only Gold and Copper value (Recoverable) is 700$$billion to 1000+ Billions of $$$$$$$$$$$ in whole Pakistan.
He said the belt in which we found Gold and copper in Pakistan, runes Hundred's of Kilometers in Pakistan from Baluchistan to Fata and GB .
Rest Don't even ask about Gems , According to him if we start selling final product of Gems the amount is in Trillions of $$$$$$ , only if we develop Gem industry , proper mining + finishing + marketing....... We have many types of Gems , some only available in very few countries and some only In Pakistan (Good quality)
Only thing we need is Will and Some one with good intentions , some one who really want to do some thing for Pakistan. My Pray is May Pakistan have that leader ASAP.

In 2002 I meat some one , high ranking officer in mineral department of Pakistan , very highly qualified. He told me only Gold and Copper value (Recoverable) is 700$$billion to 1000+ Billions of $$$$$$$$$$$ in whole Pakistan.
He said the belt in which we found Gold and copper in Pakistan, runes Hundred's of Kilometers in Pakistan from Baluchistan to Fata and GB .
Rest Don't even ask about Gems , According to him if we start selling final product of Gems the amount is in Trillions of $$$$$$ , only if we develop Gem industry , proper mining + finishing + marketing....... We have many types of Gems , some only available in very few countries and some only In Pakistan (Good quality)
Only thing we need is Will and Some one with good intentions , some one who really want to do some thing for Pakistan. My Pray is May Pakistan have that leader ASAP.
Trillions of $$$ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lambi lambi chorna to pakistanion say sekhay koi.

You need some sleep dear bro.

Trillions of $$$ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lambi lambi chorna to pakistanion say sekhay koi.

You need some sleep dear bro.

Why are you laughing at his statement. Its common knowledge that Pakistan has the fourth largest gem deposit in the world. For example the emerald deposit in Swat is comparable to the Colombian emerald. Pakistan's biggest problem is a lack of training in extracting, cutting, polishing and marketing our gem products. Instead of mocking someone at least do more research on the topic.

In swat there is a wealth of semi precious stones... The mines are tapped illegally and the stones cut and sold to India through Dubai .. Who polish em and sell them as Indian gems... Causing Pak financial losses in hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars...

This practice has been stopped now, Since new KPK Govt. is in charge. They have arrested the violators and are concentrating on Human Development for Extraction, Refining, Cutting, Molding and Polishing through local industry.

balochistan-is-home-to-worlds-most-expensive-metal-138b23b9414dba4f53c391ac87c88448.png

By:
Shahzad paracha

02-Feb-17

ISLAMABAD: The world’s most expensive metal molybdenum has been recently discovered in Balochistan which has 0.1 million dollars per ton cost and it is used for making the aircraft, said Geological Survey of Pakistan (GSP) Director General (DG) Dr Imran.

He was briefing the sub-committee of the standing committee on petroleum on Thursday. The body met under Senator Fateh Muhammad Hassani.

Imran said molybdenum could be found in the Tethyan Metallogenic Belt which passes through Bulgaria, Greece, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

GSP has discovered 36 precious minerals in Balochistan which include antimony, aragonite/marble, copper, dolomite, gold, fluorite, gypsum and magnetite.

He said further the cost of these hidden resources is around $50 trillion and Reko Diq has a $1 trillion worth.

Hassani said this metal could be found in Kuh-e-Taftan which was given to Iran by the government in 1960.

Imran said that Sandvik Metal Limited is exploring minerals in this area but GSP discoveries could not be highlighted due to the strict rules.

He added that the GSP has completed 132 projects in the last five years. The institute had spent Rs 298 million development budget in the last fiscal year.

Senator Nisar Muhammad said the government has funded 16 projects in the last five year through PSDP. The country has unlimited resources but the Planning Ministry is not allocating money to discover them, he lamented.

Hassani said the committee would direct the government to increase the budget of GSP, adding that it should work along with Pakistani companies to discover the hidden resources.

The GSP works under the Petroleum Ministry. The organisation is responsible to discover resources through geological, geographical and geochemical research.

Senator Azam Khan Mandokhel said smuggled Iranian petrol and diesel were available across Pakistan. He added 390 filling stations were illegally providing petrol in the country.

Hassani said PSO officials are involved in the admixture of petrol. The committee members showed their annoyance over the PSO MD for not attending the meeting.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/02-Feb-17/balochistan-is-home-to-worlds-most-expensive-metal

@LA se Karachi
The most expensive metal is absolutely not Molybdenum, it costs 15,250 USD/ton, that means 15.25 USD per kilogram, Platinum for example, costs $32,324 per kilogram.

Molybdenum price: http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/molybdenum-oxide/
Platinum price: www.apmex.com/spotprices/platinum-price

Hassani said this metal could be found in Kuh-e-Taftan which was given to Iran by the government in 1960.

What the fuk is this? @tps77 @Doordie and others....We gifted our land to iran...If this stone is found in iran then why headline says it is an Pakistan..??

Or territory in which this stone exists spans our Baluchistan and their sistan as well...???
According to my knowledge It hadn't happened and It would nvr be

Why are you laughing at his statement. Its common knowledge that Pakistan has the fourth largest gem deposit in the world. For example the emerald deposit in Swat is comparable to the Colombian emerald. Pakistan's biggest problem is a lack of training in extracting, cutting, polishing and marketing our gem products. Instead of mocking someone at least do more research on the topic.
I am 100% sure he did not read what I said , ,,,,,,,, Do we have Gems ? Yes we do have them and in large quantity , Do we have proper mechanism in place ? No we don't have any type of ...........
Result we are losing our Trillions ............ But people are good in making fun as there Great Govt doing in Islamabad...........

I am 100% sure he did not read what I said , ,,,,,,,, Do we have Gems ? Yes we do have them and in large quantity , Do we have proper mechanism in place ? No we don't have any type of ...........
Result we are losing our Trillions ............ But people are good in making fun as there Great Govt doing in Islamabad...........

Pakistan has the potential to overtake Bangkok as the gem center of Asia. We have an abundant amount of resources where the quality is top notch. For example in Hatton Garden you can see many Rubies that come from Pakistan's Hunza Valley because they have a slight brown tinge to it. Our Rubies from Neelum Valley is comparable to the pigeon blood Rubies of Myanmar. Due to our strategic location most of the gems from Tajikistan and Afghanistan are traded through Peshawar. The only problem in this industry is a lack of awareness and this is the fault of the Government. The only way we can move forward is if someone from the private sector opens up a lapidary in Pakistan with the full modern equipment and bring an expert from abroad to teach the workers how to cut properly to international standards. Trust me if some visionary Pakistani did this then they would become a billionaire over a period of time.

My request to pak army plz save pak resources and minerals from Plitical curroption. And use this resources and minerals for prosperity of pakistani people.

Moly is not the most expensive metal (lmao), and really... whatever happens, we shouldn't sell it to China (or whoever) for 50 paisas and then thump our chest about it.

Stop wasting time talking about our potential mining resources. The mining industry is far more complicated than you think, and as one user pointed out, environmentally potentially disastrous. Be glad riko diq got blocked.

Most People don`t know but Pakistan does have reserves of uranium and i have seen a sample with my own eyes it was brought from the north region of Pakistan near the pak-china border
regarding gold the north is rich with it as jalwan(nomads from kohistan called by the locals) collect around 4-6 lakh rupees worth of gold using obsolete tools. and they are only collecting this without going to the main source.
once i went for a small hike around my village and found samples of copper (greenish in colour) laying around

Back
Top Bottom