What's new

Baloch separatists or Taliban?

baloch rebels or taliban

• Total voters
Where is MQM Option??

MQM caused 10 billion worth of damge in just a days strike! They shut down Pakistans largest economic hub yesterday. Dont forget the damage they have inflicted in past 20 years to Pakistan.

beta jo damage tum logon ne apne sindhi log bharti kerke saare karachi me aur government idaaron me kya hain, aur billion dollars mulk loot ker kye hain, aus ko tum aik taraf rakh do aur baqion ko dosre taraf

beta jo damage tum logon ne apne sindhi log bharti kerke saare karachi me aur government idaaron me kya hain, aur billion dollars mulk loot ker kye hain, aus ko tum aik taraf rakh do aur baqion ko dosre taraf

Dont get me started on target killings, extortions, body bags, money laundering, na maloom afraad and altafs speeches.

Participate in poll. Which one is greater threat to integrity of pakistan? Which one should be reconciled? Which one can be reconciled?...
With which one peace talks would be meaningful

let me put it this way:

1- both of them are a threat to integrity of Pakistan.
2- both need to be reconciled with, they are just two different names of a same animal, its like calling a reptile as Alligator or Crocodile....All alligators are corcodile anyway but not the other way around....but you know what i am trying to say here...right?
they are fish of the same pound
3- well both of them can be reconciled with, given certain conditions, which i support, pound them hard, corner them out and leave them with one choice - one exit to get out of that rat hole and that is to negotiate....I am not talking about bombing the **** out of them , i am talking about, cutting the supply route, both financial and human resources.

4- peace talks with either of them will be meaningful, there is nothing meaninglessness when it comes to terrorism.

Ideologically.

BLA = Marxist [Kaffir]
TTP = Salafist - Rejected by a vast majority of the population.

Militarily.

BLA = 5000 men - not even worth a military scale operation. They can be defeated by FC. No strong recruiting taking place.
TTP = > 10000 men - limited to a geography where they can hide in holes. Their best weapons is using humans as bombtrucks.

Neither of them have the capability to defeat the Pakistani military and the state to cause a breakdown. Only thing they can do is 'bleed the nation', which is not fatal.
i agree with your rest of the post but you do know what doctor say about a little boo boo (small cut, as kids call it), if its expose to bacteria or virus, the chances of getting sick or catching infection are higher, and if things go out of hand, the part has to be amputated to save rest of the body.
On the other hand, bleeding for too long from a single cut can also lead to death due to excess loss of blood.
What I am trying to say is as long as militants posses the power and resources to blow up a single train, a blast in market, we wont be seeing much of economic growth. so nothing should be taken as pinch of a salt.

i agree with your rest of the post but you do know what doctor say about a little boo boo (small cut, as kids call it), if its expose to bacteria or virus, the chances of getting sick or catching infection are higher, and if things go out of hand, the part has to be amputated to save rest of the body.
On the other hand, bleeding for too long from a single cut can also lead to death due to excess loss of blood.
What I am trying to say is as long as militants posses the power and resources to blow up a single train, a blast in market, we wont be seeing much of economic growth. so nothing should be taken as pinch of a salt.

I understand your analogy, but the military strategy of 'Boiling the Frog' was our invention. It works well on 'invading forces' - not so well on the 'established state'. By all means our state has become stronger in the last 10 years not weaker. Now we have a functional military and a Somewhat/Improving democracy, our economy has grown at ~ 4%/annul in these turbulent times. While its is important to give proper attention to the threat, it is imperative to avoid over estimating it while underestimating your core strengths. Take Sri Lanka for example, the tiny state defeated a 30 year long Indian backed terrorist drive. Things can be done only if we have our people on our side.

I understand your analogy, but the military strategy of 'Boiling the Frog' was our invention. It works well on 'invading forces' - not so well on the 'established state'. By all means our state has become stronger in the last 10 years not weaker. Now we have a functional military and a Somewhat/Improving democracy, our economy has grown at ~ 4%/annul in these turbulent times. While its is important to give proper attention to the threat, it is imperative to avoid over estimating it while underestimating your core strengths. Take Sri Lanka for example, the tiny state defeated a 30 year long Indian backed terrorist drive. Things can be done only if we have our people on our side.

Yes, you are absolutely right, my point was nothing should be taken lightly. You said in your 3rd last line that we should not over estimate them, well you are right, and it will be interesting for you to know that COAS in his briefing to APC pointed towards journalist that they are creating misunderstandings and confusion. As you know media always over exaggerates.
Talking about Counter terrorism efforts than even a small intercept should not be taken likely and should be followed on.

As long as baloch separatists are waiving the flag of Human rights violations and we getting Delegations from UNHRC, getting tagged as exporter of terrorism, we are not going to see dime of foreign investment.

In my opinion TTP is bigger threat. They can not occupy any area but can continue a guerrela war for decades. Unlike tamil tigers they can not be cornered as they can easily run away into afghanistan through 2600 km long durand line which can not be sealed. If they continue to bleed pakistan army and carry out DI khan and sukkar like attacks then it would badly affect the morale of army as well as nation. Right now 1.5 lakh faujis are present in FATA , imagine the expenses, its continued presence can not be sustained for decades. In the long term military operations in FATA might not be possible without american aid.
Though TTP claimed that their goal is to establish sharia in pakistan but in reality thats just to legitimize their war against pak army and give sense of purpose to their fighters, they know their limitations and according to sources of rahimullah yousafzai they are not putting forward such demand. There is communication gap with them otherwise with talks they can be convinced on many things, technically they are not anti-pakistani, can be easily reconciled if pak army agrees to. Unfortunately pak army is not sincere and doesnt agree with peace talks with taliban.
The issue of balochs is more serious. They might not be a great threat militarily but we have to keep in mind that it is their 6th rebellion. I dont think baloch militants are type of people who you expect to become pro pakistani

the difference is .. for all practical purpose LTTE was army of another country(tamil eelam which controlled the area), they had capability and willingness to capture and retain area, which is why they could be defeated by conventional forces.

After Rajiv Gandhi's assasination, India banned LTTE and secretly collaborated with Lanka. The main turning point came in 9/11, LTTE's finance and support got ruined.

Back
Top Bottom