What's new

Baloch Culture Day !! 2 March

Just curious, why Balochi people have their common last name as "Baloch"? It viewed as independent from Pakistan.

I think, we must demand Baloch to change their last name and Baloch"istan" contrary to Pak"istan" country.

Hahaha, failed troll XD :rofl: I feel bad for you :lol: :cheesy:

I have been to 42 countries and seen many ethnicities of the world...I have never ever seen a real person who speaks Barohi / barahwi language...

People of Pakistan need to mix a bit more...We travel to Europe to marry a European chick,but few marry other ethnicities of Pakistan.

I still don't get it? What you mean by marrying European chick?

I am talking about Baloch last name. Can we change Balouch"istan" to low level names like Punjab, Sindh, Karachi, Islamabad in order to avoid world attentions?

I am talking about Baloch last name. Can we change Balouch"istan" to low level names like Punjab, Sindh, Karachi, Islamabad in order to avoid world attentions?

never mind......................

never mind......................

We don't know the answer, I guess. I agreed with you somewhere you mentioned to create new provinces in Baloush"istan"

Let me delete the posts, unsatisfied answers....

What do you mean by "low level" and "avoid world attention"? just because a name has "-stan" (-land) as suffix doesn't necessarily mean that it's a separate entity. India's Rajas-than is pretty much the same case. The UK's Eng-land and Scot-land are the same.

Balochistan means land of Baloch (the baloch people)
Baloch = the demonym for the people that speak the Balochi language and come from the piece of land known as "Balochistan"

Punjab - the land of the five rivers
Punjabi (language) - the language of the people native to the land of the five rivers
Punjabi (people) - the people native to "Punjab"

Sindh - land of the Sindhu (Indus) river
Sindhi (language) - the language of the people of "Sindh"
Sindhi (people) - people native to the region of Sindh

Karachi - a city name. Has no meaning
Karachiite - a person (regardless of ethnicity) that comes from/lives in "Karachi"

Islamabad - a city, means "city/abode of Islam"

We can't change "Balochistan" to "Baloch" or "Balochi". Makes no sense and is as stupid as asking the British to change England to "Eng" and Scotland to "Scot"

Edit: As far as Baloch Culture Day goes, its a day geared towards the Baloch people, not the land. Same with Sindhi Culture Day, a day for the "Sindhis" but not "Sindh". Big difference and we wouldn't be changing the name to please foreigners or to "escape world attention"

Kassaam seee Raptor, of all the things about Baochistan - nay, the Baloch culture to talk about...this is what you had your heart set on !

What the heck is wrong with you dude...you couldn't help but offend the Arabs in that other thread and now you're trolling on about how We can change 'istan' of Balochistan - who the fook are we to do anything about it ? Its their culture, their province and their names - let them go about it as they please...haven't the Baloch proved their patriotism countless times already to dispel whatever insecurity with the common 'istan' you have.

Kassaam seee Raptor, of all the things about Baochistan - nay, the Baloch culture to talk about...this is what you had your heart set on !

What the heck is wrong with you dude...you couldn't help but offend the Arabs in that other thread and now you're trolling on about how We can change 'istan' of Balochistan - who the fook are we to do anything about it ? Its their culture, their province and their names - let them go about it as they please...haven't the Baloch proved their patriotism countless times already to dispel whatever insecurity with the common 'istan' you have.

I checked your date "February 2012", you are newcomer. Please at least try to control your emotional, just chill. After all, this PDF forum is all about discussion, different opinions, perspectives and arguments.

I will appreciate you if you can answer my question, I will leave it instead unnecessary knee-jerk reactions. Thanks to post#20, I think it explain clearly.

Thats why we should try to travel more inside Pakistan instead of traveling abroad..
I have traveled KPH,Kashmir,The northern areas..Extensively...Been to parts of Baluchistan,but apart from Karachi and Sehwan shareef..havent been to any other part of Sindh.
Being a Karachiite...Raptor..do you know the many villages alongside Superhighway are so peaceful that people can still leave their bikes in the fields overnight and nothing happens....
Most Karachiites wont even know about those villages....

The point is that we should reach out to other ethnicities in our country and try to know about them...
Likewise there are areas in Karachi such as Pathan colony where people cant even speak Urdu...

Thats why we should try to travel more inside Pakistan instead of traveling abroad..
I have traveled KPH,Kashmir,The northern areas..Extensively...Been to parts of Baluchistan,but apart from Karachi and Sehwan shareef..havent been to any other part of Sindh.
Being a Karachiite...Raptor..do you know the many villages alongside Superhighway are so peaceful that people can still leave their bikes in the fields overnight and nothing happens....
Most Karachiites wont even know about those villages....

The point is that we should reach out to other ethnicities in our country and try to know about them...
Likewise there are areas in Karachi such as Pathan colony where people cant even speak Urdu...

That's perfect answer. Most Pakistani are lack of other ethnicities because we are living isolated in one province due to the War of Terror and terrorisms issues, I haven't ask Balochi of their last name. That's all. We shouldn't do knee jerk reaction by common Pakistanis.

That's perfect answer. Most Pakistani are lack of other ethnicities because we are living isolated in one province due to the War of Terror and terrorisms issues, I haven't ask Balochi of their last name. That's all. We shouldn't do knee jerk reaction by common Pakistanis.

As far as i Know..Most indigenous redidents of Balochistan do not use "Baloch" as their Sir name..they have specific tribe names as sir names....
The sir name "Baloch" is mainly used by Ethnic Baloch who moved to other parts of the country long ago...Long ago as in hundreds of years ago..
Such as in Karachi ..Mauripur,Layari are inhabited by ethnic baloch..who moved there before creation of Pakistan and now dont use their original tribe name as Sir name..But use a general sir name of "Baloch"

index.php

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

this Shalwar actually takes 11 or more meter piece of cloth.

I have a Baloch suit, and the Shalwar is tailored of with 7 meter... here in Lahore, it was a bit odd to have it with 11 meter or so... So I ordered with a modification !!

nonetheless, its damn sweating inside, but you enjoy the feel of cloth, rest is like our national dress..

As far as i Know..Most indigenous redidents of Balochistan do not use "Baloch" as their Sir name..they have specific tribe names as sir names....
The sir name "Baloch" is mainly used by Ethnic Baloch who moved to other parts of the country long ago...Long ago as in hundreds of years ago..
Such as in Karachi ..Mauripur,Layari are inhabited by ethnic baloch..who moved there before creation of Pakistan and now dont use their original tribe name as Sir name..But use a general sir name of "Baloch"

I never knew this. Sorry for asking question if you don't mind, not trolling wala.

Ah, I got it now. Impressive answers by Safriz. :tup:

I was passing through Sadar, Karachi yesterday; & there was loud Baloch music being played on the streets, & the people were dressed up in Baloch garb & dancing. Beautiful sight. There were a lot of fireworks & celebrations in Lyari, Karachi. Karachi truly lights up on special occasions (the Eid Milad un Nabi festivities were unprecedented & unmatched). Baloch people Zindabad.

I was passing through Sadar, Karachi yesterday; & there was loud Baloch music being played on the streets, & the people were dressed up in Baloch garb & dancing. Beautiful sight. There were a lot of fireworks & celebrations in Lyari, Karachi. Karachi truly lights up on special occasions (the Eid Milad un Nabi festivities were unprecedented & unmatched). Baloch people Zindabad.

how many Baloch members we got here?
Two or three i guess?

If someday Pakistan got any prime minister or president from the Baluchistan province then Baluch culture day will be celebrated in Pakistan. Like in sindh AJRAK day and blah blah.

Back
Top Bottom