What's new

Bahawalpur : College Professor Brutally Murdered By His Student

I am deeply worried that our Pakistani Society is rapidly advancing towards catastrophic collapse. And I must warn everybody, that it is way more dangerous than Endian Threat. Complete revival of Islam as per Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan is the only solution out of this abyss!

Excellent idea. Now as soon as we can decide whose version of Islam is to be imposed, we can actually get around to doing what you propose.

Liberals = freedom?
More like beghairti my friend
They're not forcing others to engage in their values, they're asking for people to respect everyone's values and the freedom to practice what they wish.

You don't like parties? Don't got to parties.
You don't like the way certain women dress? Don't look at them.

Don't force your values on others. Practicing, conservative Muslims in the US live perfectly fine surrounded by 'Western culture'. They go to water parks and beaches, their mothers and daughters wearing Hijab, swimming in Burkinis, surrounded by other men and women wearing Western style swimsuits and bikinis. Their daughters go to college and choose to still wear the Hijab and follow the values taught to them by their parents, and they still engage with their Western peers wearing miniskirts and what not.

The problem is with the minds of religious extremists who want to force their values on others.

This is not new incident. People are used to take law in own hands for religious purpose. Too much hate our people gathered.
It will take time to overcome this issue. Secularism is the right way to move forward. We must eliminate hate which our people are gathering in blood. I still believe we are better place than 10 years before, after we took action against extremists.
Still long way to go, but there is hope from new generation.

Let him be. Damage done by Zia's skewed Islamic policies was Yahoodi sazish according to him. Someone should ask him to define Sharia, not generally but every single law, then take opinion of scholars. He would find himself gobsmacked about how much lack of consensus there will be in its laws. Until we reach that, better we let everyone be.

I'm sorry but what? The professor is to be blamed?

Co-education is not about westernization, it's about basic life principles and professionalism. Schools train children to become adults, to approach life in a way. How can people go by in the real world interacting with female peers in the workplace if they never learned to in school. Unless maybe you want to separate the genders even in workplace.

In words of Quaid-e-Azam, no Nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you.

It is absolutely insane to me that "Islamic" education keeps boys and girls apart for all their lives, then one day say "Here is a woman, you are now married, and also go deal with all the women in the world at work/public areas"

It's like training a boxer but never letting him practice with an opponent, then expecting him to be perfect on fight day.

Let him be. Damage done by Zia's skewed Islamic policies was Yahoodi sazish according to him. Someone should ask him to define Sharia, not generally but every single law, then take opinion of scholars. He would find himself gobsmacked about how much lack of consensus there will be in its laws. Until we reach that, better we let everyone be.

I'm sorry but what? The professor is to be blamed?

Co-education is not about westernization, it's about basic life principles and professionalism. Schools train children to become adults, to approach life in a way. How can people go by in the real world interacting with female peers in the workplace if they never learned to in school. Unless maybe you want to separate the genders even in workplace.

In words of Quaid-e-Azam, no Nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you.

It's matter of tolerance as well.
Our nation is not ready yet.
you cant let someone from donkey cart and give him corolla to drive.

The drift is different , Only Rising the morality in society is raised by awareness.
Remember World Wide Web internet how it began in Internet Cafes of Pakistan
I don't know but the results were more damaging than being useful.

Every culture needs time to evolve to next level.
Co-Education is not issue but our cultural values , tolerance and understanding is difference.

Remember Black pool England. Send some village guy from Pakistan
and watch the reaction. He cant hold on his nerves.

Education , Basic education is necessary among the masses for nations to grow.
Being modern is state of mind not the way you look.
Imitating western style while head full of same bat$hit is bigger hypocrisy.
Not everyone is free from mind but our people quickly grab the negative side
due to lack of awareness and cultural suppression mode.

Last edited:
If you're in favor of someone using guns/violence to enforce their religious or political beliefs, then you're a terrorist supporter.
If you are a supporter of so called libtards who bombard all of us including jamteez to through their propaganda against Islam and our own culture then I must say you are also classified as terrorist supporter.

I am against both and would be happy they kill each other or Riyasat kills the libtards killer...in both ways our job will be done.

The two are not equivalent at all - liberals in Pakistan argue, peacefully, for the freedom of individuals to practice what they wish whereas religious extremists in Pakistan argue for enforcing their backward and regressive views on everyone, and use violence and intimidation.

Liberals stand for freedom whereas religious extremists stand for tyranny of one set of values and beliefs over al others.

If only that were true. In reality, most "so called liberals" (I don't like to call them liberals, because they're not) advocate enforcing their own values on the rest of the population. How many times have you seen so called liberals asking for people to be jailed, shot, beaten, denied a platform to speak for having views contrary to their values? Twitter is full of it every day.

Pakistani society suffers from deep intolerance across the board. We all just have different things we're intolerant about.

If you are a supporter of so called libtards who bombard all of us including jamteez to through their propaganda against Islam and our own culture then I must say you are also classified as terrorist supporter.

I am against both and would be happy they kill each other or Riyasat kills the libtards killer...in both ways our job will be done.

I am sorry but I don't see your point.
One side "Libtards" are bombing you with words.
the other side "coinservtards?" are bombing you with .... bombs....

one side is clearly more right than the other.
don't want to hear the libtards, close your ears.
don't want to hear the conservtards.... become bullet/bomb proof.

Sex with Contraceptives, or condoms or whatsoever without NIKAH (as per Islamic injunctions) is equivalent to Zina. And one thing more: You cannot adopt truncated version of Islam, or the version which runs according to your wishes. You will have to enter its fold completely or exit its fold completely!

I am deeply worried that our Pakistani Society is rapidly advancing towards catastrophic collapse. And I must warn everybody, that it is way more dangerous than Endian Threat. Complete revival of Islam as per Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan is the only solution out of this abyss!

Revival of islam does not happen in text books, consitution, parliament, schools or anywhere else. It happens in the heart and mind first. It happens within the self, it happens within the home. You cannot legislate for it, you cannot govern it into happening - even some of those who stood behind the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in jamat had their idols under their arms.

Revival of islam does not happen in text books, consitution, parliament, schools or anywhere else. It happens in the heart and mind first. It happens within the self, it happens within the home. You cannot legislate for it, you cannot govern it into happening - even some of those who stood behind the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in jamat had their idols under their arms.

honest question. what does "Revival" mean?
does it mean wahabi-ism? Because the prophet was not Wahhabi.
does it mean burkhas? the Prophet never said you had to wear it.
does it mean that the only education we should get is the Quran? even the Quran says to seek knowledge.

That is slowly being taken back. The relatively quick action taken against the TLP after their rioting and violence was a good step. There needs to be continuity in enforcing the law against anyone using violence.

I am not so sure that is the case. The overall trend in society remains one of gradually increasing radicalization and extremism, with the government being a bystander or even a supporter. For example, why is Asia Bibi still in custody despite being exonerated?

If only that were true. In reality, most "so called liberals" (I don't like to call them liberals, because they're not) advocate enforcing their own values on the rest of the population. How many times have you seen so called liberals asking for people to be jailed, shot, beaten, denied a platform to speak for having views contrary to their values? Twitter is full of it every day.

Pakistani society suffers from deep intolerance across the board. We all just have different things we're intolerant about.
While there are certainly extremists on the left (France for example in forcing people not to wear anything that signifies religion), those are a fringe minority within the larger liberal community. Using them as an example to brand all liberals is an injustice and plays into the hands of religious extremists.

Personally, I take issue with many of Pakistan’s more ‘popular/high profile’ liberals because they take criticism of the State and military too far with very little constructive criticism, but at the same time I haven’t heard any of them say that Pakistan should ban the hijab or burqa.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom