What's new

Azad Kashmir

Nice pictures bro. Ha at the pretty girl with the AK, even our girls are tough. :p:
No nonsense chowkri. I would not want to get on the wrong side of her.kudos
Bhai i was thinking of starting a campaign against gun but yahaan to bachiyaan klashenkof lay kay phirti hain :(
She is a Pakistani blogger from Bradford

11223586_1512600808769565_7049902873103216477_n.jpg

Arang Kel
@waz @krash
Dil to bohat kar raha ho ga yahaan janay ka lol

11223586_1512600808769565_7049902873103216477_n.jpg

Arang Kel
@waz @krash
Dil to bohat kar raha ho ga yahaan janay ka lol

I was there this May. What of the beauty God has given to this country? We truly have struck Gold when it comes to natural beauty.

But one unfortunate thing is that beyond Keran their aren't many decent lodging spots. Shardah is an absolute mess, that town needs to be cleaned up. Kael has a total of 1 decent enough hotel to live at, who's parking lot becomes a mud-lake after every rain. Arang Kael, I didn't stay for the night so don't know about the lodging situation there. Even the army guest rooms in both Shardah and Kael aren't worth living in, which was a first for me at least. The AJK government should take steps to set up good lodging resorts there like the Jagran Resort just off the road from Uthmuqam, which is an AMAZING place to stay at.

Waise abhi tou lala Skardu bohut zor se bula raha hai.

I was there this May. What of the beauty God has given to this country? We truly have struck Gold when it comes to natural beauty.

But one unfortunate thing is that beyond Keran their aren't many decent lodging spots. Shardah is an absolute mess, that town needs to be cleaned up. Kael has a total of 1 decent enough hotel to live at, who's parking lot becomes a mud-lake after every rain. Arang Kael, I didn't stay for the night so don't know about the lodging situation there. Even the army guest rooms in both Shardah and Kael aren't worth living in, which was a first for me at least. The AJK government should take steps to set up good lodging resorts there like the Jagran Resort just off the road from Uthmuqam, which is an AMAZING place to stay at.

Waise abhi tou lala Skardu bohut zor se bula raha hai.
Nice hotels and an intl airport for Mirpur and Muzzafarabad could kick start tourism in Ajk but no ajk gov is waiting for some sort of divine intervention :mad:

Nice hotels and an intl airport for Mirpur and Muzzafarabad could kick start tourism in Ajk but no ajk gov is waiting for some sort of divine intervention :mad:

I wouldn't say that. They are trying, like the Jagran resort example which is spectacular.

The thing is that the road beyond Keran is a total mess. It took me an hour and half to cover the last 4km towards Kael because it had rained the night before and my car was constantly drifting on that very narrow road. Needless to say, it took some balls :lol: But according to the army guys and the locals there the contracts for the road's construction have already been signed and the work would have started shortly. They are also building a tunnel through Shounter valley linking it to the Astore valley. Once the roads are built, we'll see tourists flock to these areas resulting in better lodgings propping up. Much like what happened after the 2005 earthquake in Naran. Before 2005 Naran was just a collection of a dozen small huts.

I wouldn't say that. They are trying, like the Jagran resort example which is spectacular.

The thing is that the road beyond Keran is a total mess. It took me an hour and half to cover the last 4km towards Kael because it had rained the night before and my car was constantly drifting on that very narrow road. Needless to say, it took some balls :lol: But according to the army guys and the locals there the contracts for the road's construction have already been signed and the work would have started shortly. They are also building a tunnel through Shounter valley linking it to the Astore valley. Once the roads are built, we'll see tourists flock to these areas resulting in better lodgings propping up. Much like what happened after the 2005 earthquake in Naran. Before 2005 Naran was just a collection of a dozen small huts.
All roads in north are like that in Abbotabad i was so scared i wasnt even looking outside :p:

All roads in north are like that in Abbotabad i was so scared i wasnt even looking outside :p:

Hahaha :lol: I'm guessing this was the time when they were rebuilding the main road leading to Abotabad, right? Or was it the time when they were building the bypass?

But tbh, no, they aren't. The stretch from Hasanabdal to Mansehra is fine, except for the hellish traffic (read insane bus and truck drivers). This should be fixed after the Hazara Motorway is completed. The stretch from Mansehra till Chillas is fine-ish, gets damaged every now and then due to land and rock slides but gets fixed sooner or later (much like the stretch from Muzafarabad till Keran except the small portion where the Neelum Jehlum hydel project is under construction). The stretch from Chillas to Raikot Bridge has been in a dismal shape lately, with tons of potholes but the road still exists and will soon be reconstructed. The stretch from Raikot Bridge all the way till Khunjerab is an engineering marvel, its beautiful in every way. The Gilgit-Skardu road from Alam Bridge/chowk all the way till Khaplu has always been good except that its too narrow until you reach Skardu, which they started the work on widening after completing the Raikot-Khunjerab stretch. The road from Balakot till Jalkhad via Naran was an absolute joy until 2011 when half a mountain just came down on it. They have been building it further in small increments, till last year they had paved it till the Lulusar Lake beyond which you had a jeep track with patches of mettled road till you reach Babusar pass. Beyond Babusar it's mettled and in good condition till it joins the KKH just beyond Chillas.

The point about the stretch from Keran to Kael that I was trying to make is that its a regular traffic road not a remote jeep route but its condition is that of nothing more than a jeep track.

Trust me, I have driven on every sort of road that there is in our north :D

Mist shrouding the mountains, late summer blooms and cloudy skies – Here is an awe-inspiring view of " R A T T I - G A L I " Lake in Azad Kashmir - Pakistan...

934061_10204201671482370_6377788349899804648_n.jpg

Gilgit Baltistan is not part of Azad kashmir. Thats why Both regions have their own legislative assemblies and different administrations.
I thought Gilgit and Balistan were also part of it

@krash mein nay suna hay yahaan water pipe lines winters mein path jati hain kiya ye such hay?

@krash mein nay suna hay yahaan water pipe lines winters mein path jati hain kiya ye such hay?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom