What's new

Audit has pointed out massive corruption of Rs 42 billion in the accounts of ministry of Railways

mr42O

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
corruption-in-railways-comes-on-surface-1429186500-6044.jpg

slamabad: Audit has pointed out massive corruption of Rs 42 billion in the accounts of ministry of Railways, during the first year of Nawaz Sharif regime.
As per audit report, minister for railways Khawaja Saad Rafiq and secretary railways have not registered a case against the corrupt officers of railways, even after they were identified in audit report.
As per documents available, railways had to suffer a loss of Rs 11 billion due to lack of timely repair of railway engines in workshops. Corruption amounting to Rs 30 million was committed in the name of journalists. Railways operational expenses have gone up by Rs 20 billion, while income has declined by Rs 30 billion. Massive loss of Rs 6 billion was inflicted owing to slackness shown in replacement of material. Financial malpractices amounting to Rs 10 billion took place in irregular purchases made by railway authorities.

Overall loss of Rs 15 billion occurred for not retrieving the railway lands from the illegal occupants. Stolen material worth Rs 6 billion was not recovered. Corrupt practices perpetrated in purchase of 202 railway coaches, took heavy toll on the budget of railways which led to pocketing of Rs 1.5 billion by corrupt officers. When contacted secretary railways Parveen Agha to seek her comments on the audit report, she kept mum over it.
Railway sources have confirmed such colossal corruption is in the knowledge of Khawaja Saad Rafiq, but he is using this report as tool of victimization of officers opposed to him in terms of political affiliations.

Corruption in Railways comes on surface

Do you know who ordered this audit to be done? Who is the one trying to stomp out corruption in government bureaucracies?

I will not be surprised if i read in news not 44 but even 440, its PMLN, have some corruption taste..

Peshawar Airport inst under control of local goverment. Most likely airport will be closed when new Islamabad airport will open

Why Peshawar Airport will be close ? It means people who want to go to Peshawar will go by Road from Islamabad Airport?

But still How would Haji Travel? will they come to Islamabad i don't think Peshawar Airport will be closed

Same way as ppl traveling to Islamabad airport must drive 1-2t hour to airport :)

I am just guessing as many others. But looks like they will close it.

Or maybe not since its 168km from Peshawar :coffee:

corruption-in-railways-comes-on-surface-1429186500-6044.jpg

slamabad: Audit has pointed out massive corruption of Rs 42 billion in the accounts of ministry of Railways, during the first year of Nawaz Sharif regime.
As per audit report, minister for railways Khawaja Saad Rafiq and secretary railways have not registered a case against the corrupt officers of railways, even after they were identified in audit report.
As per documents available, railways had to suffer a loss of Rs 11 billion due to lack of timely repair of railway engines in workshops. Corruption amounting to Rs 30 million was committed in the name of journalists. Railways operational expenses have gone up by Rs 20 billion, while income has declined by Rs 30 billion. Massive loss of Rs 6 billion was inflicted owing to slackness shown in replacement of material. Financial malpractices amounting to Rs 10 billion took place in irregular purchases made by railway authorities.

Overall loss of Rs 15 billion occurred for not retrieving the railway lands from the illegal occupants. Stolen material worth Rs 6 billion was not recovered. Corrupt practices perpetrated in purchase of 202 railway coaches, took heavy toll on the budget of railways which led to pocketing of Rs 1.5 billion by corrupt officers. When contacted secretary railways Parveen Agha to seek her comments on the audit report, she kept mum over it.
Railway sources have confirmed such colossal corruption is in the knowledge of Khawaja Saad Rafiq, but he is using this report as tool of victimization of officers opposed to him in terms of political affiliations.

Corruption in Railways comes on surface

interesting.. i thought railway was improving but it seems like i was mistaken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom