What's new

Atheist War Hero, serving Soldier

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Come across a serving soldier _ currently recoperating from injuries suffered in theatre, now this guy is highly decorated and adored by both the men serving under him and his superiors.

Now this guy has an interesting back ground, he comes from a prominent Sindhi nationalist family, that have included separatists and even now has some Jeah Sindhi people in it.

Both his parents were full blown atheist communists and he was bought up as a full blown atheist. (His decision to join the Army, shocked and surprised his parents and family).

Apparently the Army is fully aware of his views, and this has not affected his career, his fellow Officers and Soldiers don't seem to care, and his fast rise seem to indicate a change in the Armed Forces regarding religion, much more tolerance.

For obvious reasons will not reveal his identify for his safety.

Last edited:
To put in one word its called professionalism. His views or opinions or religion should have no effect on his professional responsibility or duty. Such ppl make better professionals and are asset to the institution they serve.

Most People say religion should be kept a side well You cant apply that equation in two cases Pakistan and Israel these two states were formed on this Bases.
You can turn religion into your weakness or can give you a great strength as it has given in past it depends on the leader and nation
Are they enough mature to understand it or not many problem with majority of muslims these days is they dont have even minimum knowledge of islam goes for most desi molvies who dont understand what islam is.
As most people also forget religion also tells you to respect others no matter who they are give religious freedom to everyone .
Unite ever one with a cause Which now Pakistani armed forces have

The Armed Forces are pretty much the only secular institution in Pakistan that extend all available opportunities to every segment of the Pakistani society. An important part of that legacy is to respect other's personal beliefs (or lack thereof). So it really shouldn't come as a surprise that he as an atheist has faced no issues.

Secondly, he might be an atheist in practice but unfortunately, Pakistan does not recognize atheism as a legally correct position on religion and that is why it cannot be stated on any official document. Everyone is bound to declare some religion.

How easy is for an ordinary pakistani(not rich or famous) to be atheist... I mean the type of atheist who go about their life without bothering about religion or being di*k about other's religious belief. As islam is a religion that is community spirited( pray together 5 times in a communal space being important one), is it not hard for somebody to avoid being peer pressured?

How easy is for an ordinary pakistani(not rich or famous) to be atheist... I mean the type of atheist who go about their life without bothering about religion or being di*k about other's religious belief. As islam is a religion that is community spirited( pray together 5 times in a communal space being important one), is it not hard for somebody to avoid being peer pressured?
In Islam it is necessary to pray 5 times a day but 80%+ Muslims didn't go to mosque...

Religion is a personal matter... And should stay that way.
Yaar even before ISSB test there is a form given to every candidate who pass the initial test in recruitment center and on this form there is clause where you have to mention you religion and to accept clearly disassociation with one minority sect. I hope you know about that form. then how can he recruited did he cheat the form and oath.
@Icarus

Yaar even before ISSB test there is a form given to every candidate who pass the initial test in recruitment center and on this form there is clause where you have to mention you religion and and to accept clearly disassociation with one minority sect. I hope you know about that form. then how can he recruited did he cheat the form and oath.
I dont think one can legally be an atheist in Pakistan, Pakistani Law does not even recognize that.
Most atheists/agnostics including myself are Muslims in Papers

I am talking about general days but most of the peoples offer Jummah Prayer but not all.....

Tbh, most Muslim's only ever pray Jummah if they are in a Muslim country. In Western countries, nobody prays at all.

I dont think one can legally be an atheist in Pakistan, Pakistani Law does not even recognize that.
After reading your post i feel sad for your decision, r ur parents also atheist.

Probably for the best unless you want to get killed.

Tbh, most Muslim's only ever pray Jummah if they are in a Muslim country. In Western countries, nobody prays at all.
Ofcourse but don't forget those who go to mosque to offer Fajar prayer in Winter when it is too cold to go outside

Back
Top Bottom