What's new

Assembly Election Results 2013

Think before posting such crap.
What's wrong in his post ?

Their leader maintains Afzal guru was framed, the party thinks Batla house encounter was fake and they also think Ishrat jehan was innocent.

It's sad a national hero thought it fit to join that party.

But They did not win enough in non-tribal areas and thats why even though they are behind BJP in Chattisgarh by less than 1-2% of absolute votes, they fell behind BJP by almost 10 seats.

The maximum gains for BJP was in Central 36gadh which is OBC dominated. Once OBCs by and large align with BJP, then victory of BJP is guarenteed irrepective of who else votes for whom.

The maximum gains for BJP was in Central 36gadh which is OBC dominated. Once OBCs by and large align with BJP, then victory of BJP is guarenteed irrepective of who else votes for whom.

The OBC has started to come firmly with BJP and this is very worrying for people like Nitish , Mulayam etc.. Coming 3 months will be very crucial.

AAP MLA from Seemapuri Dharmender Singh Koli booked for molestation and outraging modesty of a woman within 24 hours of winning election...

???

454556197-newly-elected-aap-mla-dharmendra-singh-kohli-gettyimages.jpg

The complaint was lodged by a congress candidate. So, I'd be taking with a pinch of salt. :D

Congress considering backing AAP to form govt in Delhi, says Rahul

New Delhi: After neither BJP nor Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is staking claim to form government in Delhi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said backing AAP to form the government is under consideration.

AAP presented a spectacular show in Delhi Assembly polls and served the Congress a massive defeat ending Sheila Dikshit’s 15-year rule in the national capital. However, the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party didn’t get majority to form the government as it trailed the BJP by three seats which bagged 32 seats also falling short of absolute majority.

Rahul, after the polls debacle, vowed to learn from AAP, saying that the party engaged the people from all sections well. “We will learn from them, and we will involve people in a way that no one has ever done before,” Rahul had said.

The Congress was crushed in the Delhi polls and finished at a poor third with wining only eight seats.

I think AAP should grab this opportunity & form the government in Delhi. ;)

Why exclude Congress with 'Nahi rukegi dilli' by Shiela, 'Bharat Nirman' in Chhatisgarh, MP and Rajasthan. :)

Yes they did, which makes them a tough competitor for both Congress and BJP. Rite?

You very simply talked bout all the factors and ignored Modi effect. Lemme illustrate the fact that even tough AAP was a good option as an alternative for both BJP and Congress, then why only congress suffered? Only anti incumbancy factor wont be enough to explain things. BJP was never powerful in Delhi recently and if AAP was to impress voters to this extent, it shud have been a complete victor defeating both Cong and BJP. Also when AAP went on sweeping the delhi seats, it not only ate up the Cong voter's lead but also BJP's. In other words BJP won 30 seats and in those seats there were voters who went to AAP too. Hence, BJP won even against the force of 2 strong parties. So, you see these 30 seats are not obvious and natural coz even after having AAP, BJP improved its tally as compared to last election. Now to prove that AAP ate more BJP votes than Congress as compared to 2008, see at 3.28 min.

Said that, Delhi public has this attitude of never taking BJP seriously in Delhi due to not so good leadership comparatively. You can confirm this with Delhittes. Still if BJP wins it has to be the Modi factor and definitely not Harshwardhan factor.

Well, as you said i repeated it in above section too. I repeat, BJP is never the natural chice for Delhi people. Thats been the trend for some good years. Congress lost not because it was obvious. They lost coz AAP was an equal alternative for Congress. Trust me, if AAP wasnt there, Delhi people wud have voted Congress again against BJP (considering no Modi).

Means, Their option today is AAP(for anticorruption which is the biggest factor), Congress(For development and governance of Shiela), BJP(No good reason). But if BJP ends up the largest party in Delhi its only coz of Modi factor.

Can you give me a good reason on ground why a Delhi voter shud go for BJP if without Modi?

By the way its only loss of 1 seat and if that really makes a difference, then i wont argue on that. :)
I only want to bring ur focus to exit polls pre and post modi rallys. This shud be obvious for any person to see if a transitional difference occur due to an event, it shud mean that the event has some weightage. :)

| Video | Narendra Modi's rallies have helped us in polls, says Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh | Assembly Elections 2013 Videos | - India Today

Bottomline is, In all the 4 states, BJP as per its credability cud have earned particular number of seats irrespective of winning or losing but with the NaMo wave push, BJP swept MP, Raj much more to the expectations of both BJP and Congress. Ever thought Why? Congress was winning Chhatisgarh but post Modi rally it became 50-50 and today BJP ended in same seat count as that of 2008. Ever thought Why?

No one is saying Modi wave won the elections. Its just Modi wave confirmed the umpteen nails in coffin of Congress. Modi wave gave BJP the necessary push needed for becoming the largest party in their respective states.

Do watch this and comment.

Confused argument. Point that I was making is that there is no modi effect. Why are you bringing in 'Congress effect'? Was there ever a statement that 'it is not modi effect but congress effect that is at work?'. Point is there is no disproportionate impact beyond anti-incumbency that is being seen in the results.

I think AAP should grab this opportunity & form the government in Delhi. ;)

Why is congress considering when AAP has not asked for such backing to start with? AK's stand has been that congress and BJP should combine and form a government in delhi because they are both 'similar'. A very wise statement considering both are essentially parties of goons and thugs.

:yahoo:yey.. look who is back? how was your little break? did you manage to get through the hangover yet?:D

Why is congress considering when AAP has not asked for such backing to start with? AK's stand has been that congress and BJP should combine and form a government in delhi because they are both 'similar'. A very wise statement considering both are essentially parties of goons and thugs.

Very simple. Both, Congress & BJP feel threatened by AAP for 2014. It would be in their interest to let AAP form govt in Delhi somehow & fall flat on their overenthusiastic poll promises.

Last edited:
:yahoo:yey.. look who is back? how was your little break? did you manage to get through the hangover yet?:D

Very simple. Both, Congress & BJP feel threatened by AAP for 2014. It would be in their interest to let AAP form govt in Delhi somehow & fall flat on their overenthusiastic poll promises.

Might be. But 6 months being too short for anyone to prove or fall flat on anything, I think the two goon fronts must be more worried about Lok Sabha impact of AAP.

Confused argument. Point that I was making is that there is no modi effect. Why are you bringing in 'Congress effect'? Was there ever a statement that 'it is not modi effect but congress effect that is at work?'. Point is there is no disproportionate impact beyond anti-incumbency that is being seen in the results.

Ok. Lets keep it simple. Lets compare Results in Exit Polls before Modi Rallies and After Modi Rallies and then the Final result.

Exit & Opinion Polls India (Tough its just a blog, it has columns which give u update of exit polls as per timeline)

In Madhya Pradesh, exit polls showed diminishing of Shivraj Chouhan seats. It was predicted Shivraj win but not a comprehensive one. But we saw change in exit polls more in favor of BJP after Modi rally. Exactly what we saw in MP.

In Rajasthan, no exit poll showed only 30- seats for Congress. This happaned only after Modi Rally.

In Chhattisgarh, Its was always a 50-50 but it ended up same as that of last tym. Also if u see here 10 Cabinet ministers of BJP lost but 9 other seats of Congress was also lost comparatively. Who brought those seats? Somewhere or the other an external factor but not raman singh otherwise raman shud have won those seats 4 yrs back too.

In Delhi too, if u remember AAP had their survey and said bout 40+ seats. This was before Modi rally in Delhi. After that exit polls too turned in BJP favor with 37 seats and hence we saw BJP getting 31 seats and losing 5 seats by 300-800 votes margin. So if we consider opinion polls somewhat perfect, the change in opinon polls after Modi rallies shud be given credit and Hence Modi shud be given Credit.

Shivraj and Raman Singh deserve more credit than modi for victory in their respective states but njp performance in Delhi and overwhelming victory in Rajasthan was mainly the result of Modi's mass appeal and popularity

Ok. Lets keep it simple. Lets compare Results in Exit Polls before Modi Rallies and After Modi Rallies and then the Final result.

Exit & Opinion Polls India (Tough its just a blog, it has columns which give u update of exit polls as per timeline)

In Madhya Pradesh, exit polls showed diminishing of Shivraj Chouhan seats. It was predicted Shivraj win but not a comprehensive one. But we saw change in exit polls more in favor of BJP after Modi rally. Exactly what we saw in MP.

In Rajasthan, no exit poll showed only 30- seats for Congress. This happaned only after Modi Rally.

In Chhattisgarh, Its was always a 50-50 but it ended up same as that of last tym. Also if u see here 10 Cabinet ministers of BJP lost but 9 other seats of Congress was also lost comparatively. Who brought those seats? Somewhere or the other an external factor but not raman singh otherwise raman shud have won those seats 4 yrs back too.

In Delhi too, if u remember AAP had their survey and said bout 40+ seats. This was before Modi rally in Delhi. After that exit polls too turned in BJP favor with 37 seats and hence we saw BJP getting 31 seats and losing 5 seats by 300-800 votes margin. So if we consider opinion polls somewhat perfect, the change in opinon polls after Modi rallies shud be given credit and Hence Modi shud be given Credit.

Anti-incumbency and anti-congress sentiments have been rife for more than a year. In all non delhi states BJP would have swept in without modi too. In fact Id argue that in MP and Chattisgarh BJP would have won even if Congress had a spectacular image at the centre. That's why said differences in polling results don't seem very convincing- talk to me about places where BJP would not have done well without Modi and then we can look at any 'disproportionate impact' he brings. So the real indication is in delhi where you have a 3rd player. I don't remember any survey predicting that AAP will et 40+ seats there.

In previous posts you have argued that BJP was not strong in delhi- that is factually incorrect. Not only is the BJP very strong in Delhi but in the past Madan Lal Khurana and Sahib Singh Verma etc. have served as CMs. Delhi was always a 2 party state with any losses of congress automatically shifting to BJP. Fact that Modi has not been able to stop even that shows that there is no 'disproportionate impact'.

You wanna know what a 'real' wave looks like? That's Arvind Kejriwal- at 1/10th the money, influence and clout that the two goon parties have, they just walk in and convert 27 seats in Delhi. They announce that they wanna contest Lok Sabha and there is alrady speculation that UP might go the Delhi way. You wanna know why? 'Product Superiority'. For long India's political parties and modi thought corruption is just an 'issue'. Finally there is a 'product' that may address a true need. So with little investment in marketing the returns are for all to see. Modi is a product of communication only. He says he'll remove corruption but we all know he'll do jack about it. That's why when a superior product comes in, people are ready to give it a shot.

They announce that they wanna contest Lok Sabha and there is alrady speculation that UP might go the Delhi way. You wanna know why? 'Product Superiority'. For long India's political parties and modi thought corruption is just an 'issue'. Finally there is a 'product' that may address a true need. So with little investment in marketing the returns are for all to see. Modi is a product of communication only. He says he'll remove corruption but we all know he'll do jack about it. That's why when a superior product comes in, people are ready to give it a shot.

Hehehehe.. Whoever said that should get his/her head examined thoroughly.... BSP is gaining massively in UP and so is BJP in Uttar Pradesh. Rest all can keep pulling their hair. :lol:

Hehehehe.. Whoever said that should get his/her head examined thoroughly.... BSP is gaining massively in UP and so is BJP in Uttar Pradesh. Rest all can keep pulling their hair. :lol:

There was a news item on NDTV I read 3 days ago...:undecided: . You're saying mayawatiji will be flying another 200 pairs of chappals in chartered plane?

There was a news item on NDTV I read 3 days ago...:undecided: . You're saying mayawatiji will be flying another 200 pairs of chappal i
n chartered plane?
yes sir..... mayawati is gaining a lot of minority support.expect more than 25seats forher party in 2014... i cant curse the UPwalas enough for this attitude of theirs. but all we can do is pray that someday they will shun this mentality.

Back
Top Bottom