What's new

Asian athletics GP shifted from Chennai to Colombo

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
With the Tamil Nadu government refusing to host Sri Lankan athletes on political grounds, the third leg of the Asian Grand Prix scheduled to be held in Chennai on May 16 has now been shifted to Colombo.

After the Tamil Nadu government cancelled the prestigious Asian Championship scheduled to be held in Chennai from July 3-7, the Asian Athletics Association has decided to hold the third leg of the Asian GP in Colombo on May 12.

On February 21, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa called off the championship, saying that Lankan athletes have no place in the state, after reports of the alleged brutal killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran`s son came out.

However, the Athletics Federation of India is still hopeful about find an alternate venue in the country.

The first two legs of the Asian GP would be held as scheduled earlier on May 5 in Bangkok and on May 8 at Chonburi in Thailand.

The events for this year`s series will be: Men: 100m, 400m, 5000m/3000m/5000m, 110m Hurdles, 4x100m Relay; Triple Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Javelin Throw

Women: 100m, 400m, 800m, 100m Hurdles, 4x100m Relay, Long Jump, High Jump, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw, PTI reports.

Asian Athletics GP shifted from Chennai to Colombo

-----------

..........:lol:

So indian visa bit*hing for sportsmen and dirty politics continues.
Great slap on india's face. Hope India gets banned from holding any international sports event.

Great slap on india's face. Hope India gets banned from holding any international sports event.

Hope all you want . Its just hope which keeps the world alive .

@topic

Good News . This should Teach TN some lessons .

Really ? :lol:

So where should we have Asian athletics ?

There is a reason behind the protest.

Do you think protesting against a Country because its army which killed a 12 year boy, is wrong ?

Its about domestic politics. Govt. has to listen people whom they represent.

Really ? :lol:

So where should we have Asian athletics ?

There is a reason behind the protest.

Do you think protesting against a Country because its army which killed a 12 year boy, is wrong ?

Its about domestic politics. Govt. has to listen people whom they represent.

I am personally of opinion that Sports and Politics should never be mixed . Its like mixing oil with water , never works and damages the cause for which it is done .

So why was my post deleted..Is'nt it common curtesy to inform the reason..

Any way damn good slap for the Madrasis..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am personally of opinion that Sports and Politics should never be mixed . Its like mixing oil with water , never works and damages the cause for which it is done .
Agreed. But in a democratic country, people should at least have some voice. We are already have problem with UN vote issue. Quid Pro Quo for political parties at state and central govt. to offer to people of Tamil Nadu.

State govt. of Tamil Nadu represents people of Tamil Nadu.

We haven't stopped trade, other economic ties. Its just sport. Sport, cultural exchanges etc. are the first victim of any dispute between the two countries.

Agreed. But in a democratic country, people should at least have some voice. We are already have problem with UN vote issue. Quid Pro Quo for political parties at state and central govt. to offer to people of Tamil Nadu.

State govt. of Tamil Nadu represents people of Tamil Nadu.

We haven't stopped trade, other economic ties. Its just sport. Sport, cultural exchanges etc. are the first victim of any dispute between the two countries.

Going by that logic..Does TN construe a seperate country?..Because Sporting,Cultural and other aspects are very strong between India and Sri Lanka

Going by that logic..Does TN construe a seperate country?..Because Sporting,Cultural and other aspects are very strong between India and Sri Lanka
Dude state of Tamil Nadu said no to it. It could have been shifted to other part.

But let me tell you why this decision is been taken what you guys miss.

Indian Govt. is facing heat over Human Rights issue in Sri Lanka. The opposition and GOI's supporters are bashing the GOI. So GOI has to talk to Sri Lanka for a middle solution.

If Sri Lanka wants India to vote in its favor and go against Tamil Nadu, the venue of games had to be changed to avoid any more protest if we shifted it to Delhi or any other part of country.

In diplomacy, we have to look for trade off. You help us out, we help you out.

Hope this can clear the doubts and Sri Lankan posters can understand what tough position we have.

Tell me wasn't it a consensual move to avoid more problems ?

Dude state of Tamil Nadu said no to it. It could have been shifted to other part.

But let me tell you why this decision is been taken what you guys miss.

Indian Govt. is facing heat over Human Rights issue in Sri Lanka. The opposition and GOI's supporters are bashing the GOI. So GOI has to talk to Sri Lanka for a middle solution.

If Sri Lanka wants India to vote in its favor and go against Tamil Nadu, the venue of games had to be changed to avoid any more protest if we shifted it to Delhi or any other part of country.

In diplomacy, we have to look for trade off. You help us out, we help you out.

Hope this can clear the doubts and Sri Lankan posters can understand what tough position we have.

Tell me wasn't it a consensual move to avoid more problems ?

Fair dinkum..But i will reiterate..India a sa nation will never be able gain it's rightful place in the world as long as they bow down to coalition politics and be hostage to domestic compultions over national interests

Fair dinkum..But i will reiterate..India a sa nation will never be able gain it's rightful place in the world as long as they bow down to coalition politics and be hostage to domestic compultions over national interests
Oh boy, don't rub salt on our wounds. :lol:

I am sick of this Vote bank Politics over National Interests. Most of the Indians are. Personally, practically speaking, I don't give a flying fcuk about what US or UN says. I know what they did in case of Rwanda, Bosnia etc.

They watched and even with having soldiers on the ground, they left hundreds of thousands of people to be butchered mercilessly.

I can't say for sure what happened. May be Sri Lankan posters can explain more about it. What was the ground reality ?

You guys should dissect what has been told by Western Media. Like one poster from Syria tells us about other side of the Syrian crysis.

Oh boy, don't rub salt on our wounds. :lol:

I am sick of this Vote bank Politics over National Interests. Most of the Indians are. Personally, practically speaking, I don't give a flying fcuk about what US or UN says. I know what they did in case of Rwanda, Bosnia etc.

They watched and even with having soldiers on the ground, they left hundreds of thousands of people to be butchered mercilessly.

I can't say for sure what happened. May be Sri Lankan posters can explain more about it. What was the ground reality ?

You guys should dissect what has been told by Western Media. Like one poster from Syria tells us about other side of the Syrian crysis.

Actually there was nothing like large scale massacre or a genocide.
when SLA was advancing, LTTE took village people along with them when they were retreating. They used it for two purposes.
1. Using it as a human shield against SLA gunfire. (war crime)
2. Taking their children even 8-9 olds to fight. LTTE was desperate cos they were losing manpower.
3. Creating a humanitarian catastrophe and urging the world, media to make SLG go for a ceasefire and stop the offensive.

If u look at IPKF reports or books by IPKF officers, u will realize how LTTE used human shields. That was one of their main strength.
Not only that LTTE took food from civilans to build bunkers that many were without food.

So there was collateral damage due to human shields and LTTE shooting the ones who flee.

Most of the criticisers had failed to mention why SL keeps and maintain Tamil people by giving them food and money. Also 1000s of former LTTE cadres are being rehabiliated by SLG. So SLG wanted to kill them how come we have 1000s of them in rehabilitation camps?

@Saradiel Thanks buddy for your post. Good to know more about the other side of the story.

I know these terrorists use human shields and even children. Happened in many countries especially in Palestine, Liberia etc.

It helps in creating propaganda. I think UN should do an independent investigation but personally I don't believe in UN too.

They failed to protect millions in many countries. Its just a namesake organization only for P5 nations.

Last edited by a moderator:

We don't want biT.ches come to our country.... we are not declined to the level of pakistan... to get frequent slaps always... still pretending like nothing happen..... lol..... Due to TN govn actions the event went to colombo....do you think they will ever consider pakistan to host any events? hahahaha you are not qualified to comment....

Back
Top Bottom