What's new

ASELPOD will be delivered TAF in mid-2011

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
First 4 ASELPOD will be delivered to TAF in June 2011 (100. year of TAF); according to news 16 more will follow. I think that means prototype test already begun.

Gündem - AselPod bulacak F-16'lar vuracak - ZAMAN GAZETES? [?nternetin ?lk Türk Gazetesi]

2011 will be great year for TAF:

-First Block-50+ will be handed over
-10 CCIP protoype will be accepted; more will be delivered from serial-modernization.
-First B-737MESA will be delivered
-First THA system (3 UAV) will go operational
-ASELPOD and some stand-off munition will be accepted.

Thanks Dr. Okuz...

Aselpod.jpg

Will appreciate some info on the ASELPODs........

We do not have much detail informations about Aselpod but According to Aselsan officials, Aselpod will be much more advanced Pod system than Lantirn and capable of competing with USA Sniper Pods.

The Aselpod capabilities I can list simply.
-Fully otonom multi-target designation, tracking, identification with national source-codes and threat bank
-Nigh Vision and Targetting capabilities in night
-Day camera with higher zoom capable than rivals
-New generation IR detector technology developed by ODTU-Aselsan
-Lazer pointer, illuminater and range finders
-Wider termal sight angle with higher altitude navigation capabilities
-Automatic target finder that is pointed by another laser illuminator
-Detecting Target coordinates Simulatenously
-Precision Inertial measurement for targets to take routes, coordinates to strike
-Accurate damage assesment after launched the missile/bomb on target

Sniper POD

Last edited by a moderator:
Read some where that it's just the same as the LITENING III pods...what's similar else the design?

Last edited:
1-How it differs from the LANTIRN pods?

2-Read some where that it's just the same as the LITENING III pods...what's similar else the design?

As I stated, I do not have more detail information about this program. I am just typing what Aselsan officials and magazines stated about Aselpod. Despite Design looks similar with Litening and Lantirn, It is stated in magazines that AselPod will have some additional specifications than rivals such as Lantirn.

Lantirn pods are operational in TuAF and I know that TuAF officials are not satisfied with capabilities of them so SSM ordered Sniper Pods as a continued second order to integrate them on new F-16 Block 50+'s. Besides, Aselsan engineers have made use of TuAF experiences they have earned from old Lantirn pods to collect informations to create most suitable system for TuAF requirements.

It is unfortunately Turkish but I summarized them simply on top...

index1ep3.jpg
index2pg6.jpg

In second picture from Aselsan Magazine, It is stated that Aselpod will have ability of work higher altitudes than Lantirn Pods...

A new picture from IDEF 2009...

dsc00991yih.jpg

As I stated, I do not have more detail information about this program. I am just typing what Aselsan officials and magazines stated about Aselpod. Despite Design looks similar with Litening and Lantirn, It is stated in magazines that AselPod will have some additional specifications than rivals such as Lantirn.

Lantirn pods are operational in TuAF and I know that TuAF officials are not satisfied with capabilities of them so SSM ordered Sniper Pods as a continued second order to integrate them on new F-16 Block 50+'s. Besides, Aselsan engineers have made use of TuAF experiences they have earned from old Lantirn pods to collect informations to create most suitable system for TuAF requirements.
Litening AT = Sniper
Litening G4 > Sniper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom