What's new

ASEAN Affairs Forum

But ur 'mud men' can't sneak into enemy base(such as Malaysia during Borneo confict) and destroy enemies hard ware like ours.

And u also don't have perfect spy that can steal enemies's intelligence,too.:P

Oh they do manage to sabotage a few. Lost the war, but they did their job. The RPKAD is pretty much the Bastard Son of the SAS so I know they're better than your "Mudmen" will ever be.

Just because we can steal a country intelligence from under your nose doesn't mean we should. We are a peaceful country, you don't F us we don't F you. I'm almost got recruited to the BIN so I know what they're capable of.

But ur 'mud men' can't sneak into enemy base(such as Malaysia during Borneo confict) and destroy enemies hard ware like ours.

If we use our nuke capable missile to attack u(of course it never happen in real life),we will use our 'mud men' to destroy ur 'defense shield' first,then,u have nothing left to shoot down our missile :D

And u also don't have perfect spy that can steal enemies's intelligence,too.:P

Try to read a book from Ken J. Conboy

51t2bDCCMIL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_SS500_.jpg

And you will find that they are more than anything your mud men had ever done.

Of course you are welcome to do so, but first, try to buy some decent boats to get them into our territory.

Hook up onto my first sentence.

Of course you are welcome to do so, but first, try to buy some decent boats to get them into our territory.

Makaci Mas :cheers:

Oh they do manage to sabotage a few. Lost the war, but they did their job. The RPKAD is pretty much the Bastard Son of the SAS so I know they're better than your "Mudmen" will ever be.

I tried to search abt ur special forces,but l didn't find any link said that ur special forces successfully sabotaged Aussia-Malay base and destroyed their hardware.

So did they sobotaged successfully Aussie-Malaysia base during Borneo conflict?pls show me the quote

I tried to search abt ur special forces,but l didn't find any link said that ur special forces successfully sabotaged Aussia-Malay base and destroyed their hardware.

Search for Kevin Conboy book on Kopassus & read it. Cause I already forget most of it.

A Badass quote from the book.

"I asked the US, 'what will you teach us? You failed riding the island off Cambodia (during the 1975 Mayagues incident). You failed in rescuing the hostages in Iran and the Son Tay prison in Vietnam. Will you teach us about that?' The US government got mad, so there was no more US Special Force training during my time"

So did they sabotaged successfully Aussie-Malaysia base during Borneo conflict?pls show me the quote

Buy the book ya' Cheapskate.

So did they sobotaged successfully Aussie-Malaysia base during Borneo conflict?pls show me the quote

edited, I am not going to continue this.

edited, I am not going to continue this.

Maybe we all can go back to economy and all other non-military stuffs?

Bakries Start Bumi Pullout After Victory Over Rothschild

20130222081153312.jpg

Bumi Plc co-founder Nathaniel Rothschild, center, arriving for a stockholders meeting in London on Feb. 21, 2013. (Bloomberg Photo/Simon Dawson)

The powerful Indonesian Bakrie family said Friday it would start the process of divorcing from London-listed miner Bumi Plc after winning a crucial shareholder vote over bitter rival Nathaniel Rothschild.

Shareholders shot down a proposal by Rothschild to regain control of the firm in an extraordinary meeting Thursday in London, allowing the Bakries to follow through with their plan to exit the firm and keep their lucrative coal assets.

The Bakries and British financier Rothschild have been embroiled in a bitter fight for control of Bumi since soon after they set up the company in 2011.

Rothschild had been hoping to replace 12 of the firm's 14 board members — and include himself in the new line-up — saying he had concerns about the way the family was running the business.

However, after winning the vote the Bakrie Group said it was "delighted" that the shareholders showed support for the current board, which last week agreed to allow the Bakries' to divorce Bumi and buy its stake in Bumi Resources, the firm's crown jewel and Indonesia's largest thermal coal producer.

The Bakries now need shareholder approval to finalize their exit plan, which is expected to be a formality.

"We will restart the unwinding process today, and expect a resolution delivered to shareholders for approval as soon as possible," Bakrie Group spokesman Chris Fong told AFP.

"We do hope Mr Rothschild accepts this, so all stakeholders can be in unison as we head towards a final and acceptable resolution."

The board said it would now move on the plan by the Bakries to divorce Bumi by returning their 23.8 percent stake in the firm in exchange for a 10.3 percent stake in Bumi Resources.

The family then plans to buy the London-based firm's remaining 18.9 percent stake in Bumi Resources for $278 million.

The Bakries are one of the most influential families in Indonesia and its patriarch, Aburizal Bakrie, is preparing a run for president in elections due to take place next year.

Rothschild was in March of last year ousted as Bumi co-chairman and resigned from the board in October amid an ongoing spat with the Bakries.

However, the banking scion looks set to continue the fight and push for corporate governance in Bumi, saying in a statement by his NR Investments that he had "grave misgivings over the influence" of the Bakries and their allies.

He added that while "the current board may claim a pyrrhic victory", independent shareholders were still demanding "new leadership and management, an end to looting and corruption at Bumi".

Rothschild has repeatedly accused financial irregularities at Bumi Resources.

ASEAN Economic Ministers to meet in Vietnam

Updated : 2/22/2013 2:57:15 PM
VOV online

ASEAN-1.jpg.ashx

(VOV) - The capital city of Hanoi will host the 19th ASEAN Economic Ministers (AEM) Retreat and Related Meetings from March 7-9.

At the AEM meeting, the 10 ASEAN Economic Ministers and ASEAN Secretary General will discuss important initiatives to strengthen regional economic integration and set the directions for ASEAN economic integration in 2013, with a view to establishing the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015.

The meeting will be held alongside the third ASEAN-EU Business Summit (AEBS) with the participation of the ASEAN Economic Ministers, EU Trade Commissioner and business communities from ASEAN and EU.

The Retreat’s website at AEMRETREAT19 Organization Committee says the 3rd AEBS will examine cross-sectoral issues that can help businesses and policymakers learn from experiences in doing business as perceived by leading companies from ASEAN and the EU. They will also discuss potential opportunities and existing challenges in the two regions.

Meanwhile, the 12th AEM-EU Trade Commissioner Consultations will be also held in Hanoi, focusing on activities and initiatives to enhance economic cooperation and facilitate greater trade and investment flows between the two regions.

Netherlands to put new emphasis on ties with Indonesia
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | World | Thu, February 21 2013, 11:43 AM

m21t1rpBxs.jpg

Dutch Foreign Minister Frans Timmerman and Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa

The Dutch government has committed to boosting its relationship with Indonesia, noting that economic, political and people-to-people contacts should be strengthened further, a minister says.

“Indonesia is a growing economic power in the region. We have historical ties but our relationship has not developed by itself. We need to invest more in people-to-people contacts, political, economic and cultural ties,” visiting Dutch Foreign Minister Frans Timmermans said in Jakarta on Wednesday.

The new push to improve bilateral ties will be marked by a series of visits by high-level Dutch officials.

Beginning with the foreign minister’s visit this week, and building throughout 2013 with other ministerial visits, the series will culminate in a visit by Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, accompanied by a trade delegation, at the end of this year.

Timmermans is scheduled to meet his Indonesian counterpart Marty Natalegawa on Thursday to discuss international development and to identify areas where the already strong and diverse relationship between the two countries can be strengthened further.

“There is more to offer in our relationship,” Timmermans added.

Development cooperation between Indonesia and the Netherlands has been focused on advancing the education sector, good governance, providing clean water and sanitation and developing the eastern part of Indonesia.

During his two-day visit, Timmermans had a chance to meet with Indonesian students who studied in the Netherlands. There are 1.200 Indonesian currently attending universities across the Netherlands and 250 cooperative arrangements have been established among various education institutions in both countries.

The Dutch government also provided humanitarian and development assistance to a number disaster-stricken regions in Indonesia, including Aceh and Nias following the tsunami, and Yogyakarta and Klaten following the earthquake.

The Netherlands is one of Indonesia’s most important trade partners in Europe.

Amid a European weakening economy, trade between the two countries in between January and September 2012 reached US$3.314 billion, while efforts are currently underway to further boost that figure.

The Port of Rotterdam and Schiphol Airport have been the main entry points for Indonesian products into the European Union.

Similarly, Dutch companies have seen Indonesia as their gateway to the larger ASEAN market, which is home to more than 500 million people.

During his first day in Jakarta on Wednesday, Timmermans met with Jakarta Deputy Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to discuss water management and Jakarta’s heritage issues

Netherlands to put new emphasis on ties with Indonesia | The Jakarta Post

Indonesia is top SEA destination for foreign investment
By Thomas Cho | Posted: 22 February 2013 1956 hrs

Jakarta_Skyline_by_judhi.jpg

Jakarta Skyline by judhi

SINGAPORE : Indonesia is the most popular destination for foreign investment in Southeast Asia, attracting a record level of foreign direct investment (FDI) of US$22.8 billion in 2012.

The country's FDI for the last quarter of 2012 rose 22.9 percent from a year earlier, according to data from the Indonesia's Investment Coordinating Board.

The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy says Indonesia, now the 16th largest economy, is on track to become the world's 7th largest economy by 2030 as more foreign investors turn their eyes to Indonesia.

The country's Investment Coordinating Board is expecting foreign direct investment to increase by 23 percent this year after growing 26.7 percent in 2012.

Experts say investors in China are showing keen interest in resource-rich indonesia's mining industry and consumer sectors.

The presence of a yuan-clearing bank in Singapore will also help to facilitate Chinese investments in Indonesia.

Tan Khee Giap, Co-director, Asia Competitiveness Institute, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, says: "Indonesia will be a rising middle power and, according to our studies, among ASEAN 10, the growth of Indonesia has the biggest spinoff to the Singapore economy because not only they are close to us, they will use our infrastructure - the seaport and the airport and also the spillover economic activities."

Japanese manufacturers are also expected to move part of their manufacturing operations to Indonesia following Japan's recent row with China over disputed islands.

Luky Eko Wuryanto, Indonesian Deputy Minister for Infrastructures & Regional Development, says: "Manufacturing factories have to be built also in our country so along that lines, in total, we probably privatise around 10 to 15 sectors, according to our analysis."

Indonesia's 140 state-controlled firms account for nearly a fifth of the country's gross domestic product last year.

Their revenues are estimated to have hit US$155 billion last year.

In particular, Jakarta has said it is open to liberalising its airline and banking sectors with deals like DBS's proposed acquisition of Bank Danamon pending approval from its central bank.

Luky Eko Wuryanto says: "Indonesia is also one of the fastest growing markets for airline passengers right now - more than 19 percent per year, we have been opening the airline industry."

Minister Wuryanto adds that Indonesia is keen to upgrade its sea ports and improve connectivity from the western part of Indonesia to other ASEAN countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

Singapore remained the largest source of Indonesia's FDI in 2012, followed by Japan, South Korea and the US.

- CNA/ch

Indonesia is top SEA destination for foreign investment - Channel NewsAsia

US firms urged to invest in PH, Asean infra projects

By Louella D. Desiderio, The Philippine Star
Posted at 02/23/2013

MANILA, Philippines - American firms are urged to take part in infrastructure projects in the Southeast Asian region, including the Philippines, given the availability of opportunities in that sector, a US official said.

Speaking at the Makati Business Club’s General Membership Meeting yesterday, Jose W. Fernandez, assistant secretary for economic and business affairs of the US Department of State said he would like more American firms to participate in infrastructure projects in the region as there are several opportunities available.

Citing estimates of the Asian Development Bank, Fernandez said the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) would require $60 billion a year for infrastructure over the next decade to meet the needs of the region to grow, presenting a huge opportunity for American companies.

American firms, however, are currently not tapping the huge opportunity available.

“American companies are world leaders in a number of areas that are needed in this part of the world and frankly, in my view, they are not taking advantage of those opportunities,” he said.

A number of firms from other parts of the world such as Korea, China, Spain and Brazil are, however, taking advantage of the available opportunities.

“Part of my message to my companies when I get back home is there is an opportunity here. You have to find ways of taking advantage of those opportunities,” Fernandez said.

Apart from encouraging more American firms to take part in infrastructure projects in the ASEAN, Fernandez said they also intend to encourage firms from the Asian region to invest in their country as part of deepening the relationship between the US and the ASEAN.

The ASEAN region is a major avenue of interest for the US given its strong economic performance.

While trade between the US and ASEAN is already quite strong, Fernandez said the US wants to continue to engage with the region.

US exports to the region exceeded $76 billion last year, making it the fifth largest destination of shipments.

Fernandez said the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), an agreement which seeks to further liberalize 11 economies in the Asia-Pacific region, offers huge economic opportunities for the ASEAN.

The comprehensive agreement, which is expected to enhance trade and investment among partner countries, as well as promote innovation, economic growth and support creation and retention of jobs, is slated for a new round of negotiations next month.

The Philippines is currently not part of the negotiations, but Fernandez said the US would continue to encourage the country to see how it could join the TPP.

“The TPP may be an agreement with high standards but it is an agreement that is open to everyone in the region that is prepared to meet those high standards,” he said.

“We’ve encouraged and will continue to encourage the government of the Philippines to enter into comprehensive technical discussions with TPP nations in order to identify areas of reform that are required in the TPP high standards,” he said further.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/02/23/13/us-firms-urged-invest-ph-asean-infra-projects

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom