What's new

As situation deteriorates, Indian Air Force puts aircraft on standby for Iraq mission

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
As the security situation in Iraq continues to deteriorate, the Indian Air Force has kept large and medium transport aircraft on standby for deployment at short notice.

South Block has been in close touch with Indian diplomats and the government in Baghdad, working out contingency plans to evacuate scores of citizens stranded in fighting zones.

“Depending on the number of people to be evacuated, we can send in either the large C17 transporters or the medium lift C130 J aircraft. We have kept the planes on standby and are ready to fly out,” a senior officer said.

The IAF is, however, yet to receive a formal request to carry out an evacuation mission.
New Delhi has issued an advisory to citizens in Iraq to leave at the earliest, using commercial means of transport. Baghdad airport remains open, and the rebel forces are still some distance away from the Iraqi capital. The IAF has a commendable record of conducting humanitarian and evacuation missions.

The Ministry of External Affairs is at the moment more worried about the 86 Indians — mostly nurses — stranded in the cities of Tikrit and Mosul that have already fallen into rebel hands. Evacuation from these cities is currently not feasible, as roads are believed to be unsafe.

The ministry on Tuesday set up a 24-hour control room in Delhi “in view of the prevailing security situation in Iraq”, after External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, asked the MEA’s Secretary (East) Anil Wadhwa to chair a crisis management team to “review all aspects of assistance that can be provided to the Indian nationals in the affected area”. Swaraj has been reviewing the situation on a regular basis.

“Wadhwa has met the Iraqi Ambassador in India who apprised him of the situation and also, they discussed possibilities of ground-level cooperation and assistance in assisting Indian nationals who are in the affected area,” the MEA spokesperson said.

The government has decided to monitor the security situation on an hourly basis with the Indian Embassy in Baghdad providing updates on contacts with Indian nationals in the affected areas. The Baghdad mission is also in touch with the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI). On India’s request, an International Red Crescent team contacted the nurses in Tikrit, and has since reported that they are doing well.

India has strongly condemned the takeover of the two cities by Sunni rebels as a “direct threat to the security and territorial integrity” of Iraq, and has said that it stands by the Iraqi people in their fight against international terrorism.

As situation deteriorates, Indian Air Force puts aircraft on standby for Iraq mission | The Indian Express

Dont wait for the last minute, Just go get them.

Good work on India's part. Looking out for it's citizens internationally. Something to admire. What I'm wondering is where's Pakistan in all of this? I've heard nothing about support for Pakistani citizens. Also there's a feeling of brotherhood between Muslim countries why hasn't Pakistan offered any support to Iraq. Sorry if the last question is a bit off topic. I'm genuinely curious.

Also keep some commando ready ,,,so that even if an operation required to be carried on :guns:
Every Indian is important and each one needed to be safely evacuated from Iraq

Good work on India's part. Looking out for it's citizens internationally. Something to admire. What I'm wondering is where's Pakistan in all of this? I've heard nothing about support for Pakistani citizens. Also there's a feeling of brotherhood between Muslim countries why hasn't Pakistan offered any support to Iraq. Sorry if the last question is a bit off topic. I'm genuinely curious.
our planes are busy at the moment, pleas try later, thank you

Also keep some commando ready ,,,so that even if an operation required to be carried on :guns:
Iraqi air forces itni bhi gai guzri nahi hain

^^ For a second I thought the IAF is sending combat aircraft in to Iraq :O

How many Indian citizen work in Iraq?
Even I had the same impression initially from the thread title !!

I am hoping that Iraq army/airforce first save their capital.
We are capable to safeguard our citizen

Iraqi air forces itni bhi gai guzri nahi hain[/quote]

We are actively arming the Iraqi national military.....not just putting some transport/cargo planes on "standby"

^^ For a second I thought the IAF is sending combat aircraft in to Iraq :O

How many Indian citizen work in Iraq?

there was a huge demand for low skilled labour in Iraq following the scaling down of operations there...especially those working at refineries

i think indians are much worse off in Australia and Malaysia at the moment....send your commandos there :laugh:

We are actively arming the Iraqi national military.....not just putting some transport/cargo planes on "standby"

there was a huge demand for low skilled labour in Iraq following the scaling down of operations there...especially those working at refineries

i think indians are much worse off in Australia and Malaysia at the moment....send your commandos there :laugh:

We will take care you don't need to worry for us:devil:

Not every event, or action by one party, is a stick by which to measure the "manhood" of everyone else.

We have also started training there Officers and technical people, the ones the Yanks have trained, have proven to be less than useless.

We have also started training there Officers and technical people, the ones the Yanks have trained, have proven to be less than useless.

those are probably the ones who dropped their guns and ran....

at any rate, I cannot emphasize how important it is for Pakistan to openly provide moral support and technical support to the Iraqi forces.....their success will send shockwaves to the proxy groups that are hell-bent on destroying Iraqi and Syrian (Al-Sham) civilization

Yeah bitch, and u think whites can chat shit to us in Toronto? Look us up and then talk shit ****. Pakis are to pussy to defend themselves.

you sound like one of those confused desis who try to talk like gangsters but then flinch in reality. I could care less about friggin Toronto. You and your tamil tiger buddies were forced to run away there? :lol:

you for real kid? Go drink some milk and lay down for a while.

because everyone knows that due to your inferiority complex which is deeply engrained in the indian psyche, you cant respond to the gora Australians who were the ones bashing indian students exponentially

Yeah or get shot down trying. :laugh:

Poor Shiias? I think I'd say poor militants! Maybe you should follow the news of the past week, dot-head

p.s. I myself belong to the sect you mentioned. I dont need a third-rate bharti speaking on my behalf thanks
Mind your language... if you find any posts offensive, report them .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom