What's new

Army To Reduce its Night Blindness, Arjun Mk-II To Have Panoramic Commander's Sight

yeah, India is correcting the deficiency in the armor field and in a few years time, while enjoying numbers, their quality would be also at par / superior to our frontline armor formations.

And once done, they would be having the upper hand due to numbers as well as quality.

This is true for almost any branch. It is now a pivotal moment for our military. Personally I think we should re-kindle collaboration with Ukraine to understand the weak points of the T-90/T-90S.

It won't be long before India corrects this problem though, and there will be a new set of equations to analyse.

That's exactly what this thread is all about. As for range range you are talking about Arjun, which BTW is not our main MBT. The backbone of IA's tank fleet would be the T-90 which has very good combat range compared with other MBTs.

This is why Pakistani armour really will be unhindered in a time of war. All we would have to do is conduct mechanized raids at night over the border. This is where a strong air force watches your back and lets you thrust your forces deep in enemy territory. Pakistan has the upper hand currently in conventional war.

I dont see the strong air force you are talking about my friend :what: IAF still holds the edge.

Nope Pakistan doesn't have the upper hand in conventional warfare.:D Again a very debatable topic so lets not get deviated.

Why don't you also advice your own brethren ??

Would be a good thing if you give the same advice to your own.

Alright guys lets all us Indians and Pakistani brothers keep :flame: posts out of this thread.

But i guess we can always compare the night fighting capabilities without talking of war :cheers:

I dont see the strong air force you are talking about my friend :what: IAF still holds the edge.

Nope Pakistan doesn't have the upper hand in conventional warfare.:D Again a very debatable topic so lets not get deviated.

Strong airforce is there and can tie up IAF when armoured columns are moving forward against blind and outgunned enemy armour. To counter IA would probably launch their strategic missiles but that is a road she would chose to tread carefully.

Strong airforce is there and can tie up IAF when armoured columns are moving forward against blind and outgunned enemy armour. To counter IA would probably launch their strategic missiles but that is a road she would chose to tread carefully.

you are either misinformed or, pretend to be so..

Read Taimi's post ..
T-72s are already upgraded to have night visibility. T-90s already have .
Arjun will be upgraded.
Now if you consider this a BLIND and OUTGUNNED then good for you.

Plz leave aside the other conventional thingies as well as air force out of it.

Concentrate on the night fighting and the major new thing to the Arjun upgrade, the Panoramic Commander Sight, and would also be better to keep the Pakistan reference as little as possible as it will become another flaming thread, as Indian members would take it very seriously of Pakistan being mentioned in their threads.

A healthy criticism always helps in improvement...Btw I feel there was no flame post by any Pakistani member till now in this thread...I must say some of concern raised by them are realistic.
@ Topic.
Its shocking that this article says Arjun mk1 lacks of Nightvision..But as per my knowledge..In field trials..Arjun had been tested in Night times also with good results.

commander and gunner have separate sights........ mk1 had day/night sight for gunner and only day sight for commander ..... so mk1 loses its hunter/killer capability at night ......

but mk2 will have day/night sights for both commander and gunner......

so its not totally night blind and it surely can fight at night !!!

Last edited:
A healthy criticism always helps in improvement...Btw I feel there was no flame post by any Pakistani member till now in this thread...I must say some of concern raised by them are realistic.
@ Topic.
Its shocking that this article says Arjun mk1 lacks of Nightvision..But as per my knowledge..In field trials..Arjun had been tested in Night times also with good results.

It doesn't says Arjun is night blind, it says Army to reduce its blindness as an overall factor, while Arjun MK II will be getting the Panoramic Commander Sight which it lacks.

Maybe in future the current batch of ARJUN will also be upgraded...They have upgraded AJEYA already..

This is true for almost any branch. It is now a pivotal moment for our military. Personally I think we should re-kindle collaboration with Ukraine to understand the weak points of the T-90/T-90S.

How is collaborating with Ukraine gonna help you with T-90 ??

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom