What's new

Army-spec Tata Safari Storme Faces Quality Glitch Merely Days After Its Delivery

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Here is an Army-spec Tata Safari Storme that was required to visit the showroom as it faced an issue of leaking oil sump
Tata Motors won a bid from Mahindra to become the official SUV supplier of the Indian armed forces. For this, the company sells an Army-spec Tata Safari Storme that has been suitably modified for the defence forces. However, as has been previously seen on Tata Motors vehicles, even the Army-spec Safari Storme has started facing quality glitches.

On this page, you can see our exclusive images of an Army-spec Tata Safari Storme that has faced a quality control issue. Spotted at a Tata Motors dealership, the malfunctioning vehicle had come into the workshop to fix a leaking transmission oil sump. As per the Army person who drove the vehicle, the leakage wasn’t faced by any sort of mishap and happened on its own due to some sort of a ‘defect’. Surprisingly, the vehicle was only a few days old when the issue cropped up.

The Army-spec Tata Safari Storme replaces the ageing Maruti Suzuki Gypsy, Mahindra MM550 DXB and Hindustan Ambassador in the army’s fleet. It features an olive green paint scheme and carries several minor modifications to be in compliance with the standards of our country’s forces.

Known as the Tata Safari GS800, the army-spec SUV gets an all-green paint scheme, fuel canisters, and, extra lighting fixtures. These modifications have been made to have the vehicle suit the kind of usage that the Army vehicles are generally put to.

Powering the Army-spec Tata Safaro Storme is the same 2.2-litre VARICOR turbocharged diesel engine that powers the regular version. However, it has been tuned as per the specific requirements of the armed forces. While exact specs aren’t available, the company claims the power has increased by 70% and the torque by 200%. The payload capacity, at 800 kgs, has increased by 60%.

The engine comes mated a six-speed manual transmission sends power to all four wheels. While we were excited when we first got to know about the Safari Storme’s inductment into the Army fleet, we are now disappointed to know that the SUV continues to face quality niggles.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/army-spec-ta...uality-glitch-merely-days-after-its-delivery/

upload_2018-10-3_11-40-13.png

An update has been posted in the very same page that the issue has been successfully resolved. I'm sure this is another attempt by the competitors to throw negative remarks since they didn't win the contract and this happens across the globe not just in defense but every other field.

It is hilarious that the OP doesn't even know what the glitches are. There are already hundreds of Safaris deployed and one vehicle having an oil leak doesn't mean the whole lot is bad

What nonsense.

I have a 5 year old first generation Storme.

And I raped everyone all the way up to the Chairman's office for the same issue.

Cheers, Doc

I don't get it. Were you mad about it? Its not a big deal is it?

I don't get it. Were you mad about it? Its not a big deal is it?

It's a huge deal when it happens thrice th a brand new vehicle under 20,000 km inside the first two years.

They eventually replaced the entire sump and gave me in writing that were it to happen again they would without question replace the vehicle.

Or I was inches away from dragging them to the Consumer Forum.

I must also say that it's an absolutely stonking royal SUV and the way it chews the expressway and other racers, and the comfort and luxury and space it gives the family inside is unmatched by any vehicle on Indian roads south of 30-35 Lacs, Indian or foreign.

Cheers, Doc

It's a huge deal when it happens thrice th a brand new vehicle under 20,000 km inside the first two years.

They eventually replaced the entire sump and gave me in writing that were it to happen again they would without question replace the vehicle.

Or I was inches away from dragging them to the Consumer Forum.

I must also say that it's an absolutely stonking royal SUV and the way it chews the expressway and other racers, and the comfort and luxury and space it gives the family inside is unmatched by any vehicle on Indian roads south of 30-35 Lacs, Indian or foreign.

Cheers, Doc

Damn x 3 times? If it elsewhere, the company would have been forced to recall and fix the issue since it appears to be a common issue.....but being India I digress....all the best I guess...I agree the price point is unmatched for what you get....plus being a domestic vehicle....the price on parts isn't bad compared to foreign vehicles in the same class....

Damn x 3 times? If it elsewhere, the company would have been forced to recall and fix the issue since it appears to be a common issue.....but being India I digress....all the best I guess...I agree the price point is unmatched for what you get....plus being a domestic vehicle....the price on parts isn't bad compared to foreign vehicles in the same class....

It takes a Fortuner, and everything south of it. Including the Beemer mini SUV (X1 ?).

For 13 Lacs and 5 years Gold AMC (all services and loads of parts covered) I'm a happy puppy.

I'm a Tata boy incidentally. My dad, my brother, my sister, all Tata.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom