What's new

Are we going to lose honest and patriot person?

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Today read this interview. A victim of Bibi's dirty politics ?

My prayers are for him. Hope he rules with a "Danda" for atleast 10 more years.AMEEN!

West, Media not good with me’, says Musharraf
Updated at 2115 PST
KARACHI: President General Pervez Musharraf aid Wednesday that the induction of authentic and impartial persons would be ensured in the interim setup.

Talking to an international news agency at the Presidential House here, he said the West and media played dishonestly with him.

Benazir Bhutto was put under house arrest in view of security apprehensions, the president said adding it was impossible for him to permit a large rally in such a populated area as Liaquat Bagh and in the present situation, taking out a big rally would be a wrong step, as the same happened in Karachi.

Musharraf said Benazir Bhutto, from the very inception, is changing her viewpoint, she came to Pakistan with reconciliation mood; but now she wants confrontation.

‘Even if she wins the elections, she will have to cope with constitutional issues before she becomes the premier for the third time,’ he said adding that she is trying to give the impression that she would be the next premier of Pakistan; though, she is not popular in Punjab.

He said he would not dictate the election commission, as he neither saw the chief Election Commission, nor did he write to him, and he does not intend to do so in future.

He vowed to hold the elections in independent and peaceful atmosphere.

He said that every possible effort is being made to hold fair and transparent elections and see-thorough boxes would be placed at polling booths.

The opposition wants to create law and order problem in the country, President Musharraf said.

On this occasion, he urged the media to portray the right picture in complete realization of the law and order situation.

Commenting on ultimatum given by the Commonwealth, he remarked, ‘I do not take ultimatum.’

It was on Geo an hour or two back.

Interesting stuff.

The guy seems genuine each time he gets a mic. He disses BB a lot in this interview.

Another thing I liked about this one is, he confidently says bring in as many foreign observers into this election. It's going to be very fair if all he said in this interview really happens.

Each polling station would have members of EVERY party there. They will monitor the polling booths themselves. The ballot boxes would be transparent so no extra votes can appear out of nowhere.

The counting will also be monitored with a person from every party over there.

And the main difference this time would be that the results won't be announced by the election commission office but as soon as the counting is done the EC personnel would announce it then n there on the polling booth.

Stopping the chance of some rigging further.

Foreign observers would only be needed to exonerate Mushy as our parties are likely to still cry foul.

Elections 2008 would be a big day in Pakistan's history if all of that happens.

Transcript Of Interview With Musharraf
Updated:14:59, Wednesday November 14, 2007

This is the full transcript of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf's interview with Sky News Asia correspondent Alex Crawford.

Pakistan President Pervez MusharrafPresident Musharraf [PM]: When things are not going well for the country, and that is my emotional involvement with this country, with its progress, I get disturbed when that what we've achieved in seven years seem to be turning downwards. And that brings that emotion and passion inside me.

Alex Crawford [AC]: A lot of people are putting pressure on you, aren't they??

PM: I don't think I was angry, I wish I could control myself, maybe that's your question.

AC: There is a lot of pressure though, isn't there, from the Commonwealth, from the British government, from the American government. Do you feel that you're at the brink of being abandoned by the Americans - they're making all sorts of overtures, they're clearly not happy?

PM: Please do understand that the easiest thing for me to do, and you have to believe that and the listeners have to believe that, is to go onto the television and say 'thank you very much, I've worked hard for seven years and I've turned this country around. Did this for democracy, did this for freedom of expression, empowerment of the people, development of the country, economically viable, GDP growth, per capita income growth, and thank you very much?

AC: Well why don't you?

PM: now this is the easiest to do. However, is that in the interest of Pakistan? That had to be seen.

AC: What will it take to lift emergency rule, because that seems to be the real sticking point, the thing that's really upsetting people?

PM: We have to make sure that the elections are fair and transparent and run in a harmonious, there should be no agitational politics going on in the country because that is what will disturb the peace of the country. We want balanced politics?

AC: How can it be balanced when you've locked up all your opponents?

PM: because they were on the agitational course not because they were, if they are normal, if everything is going in a normal manner, why would anyone ever snap?

AC: But all your main opponents are either locked up or under house arrest. Can't you see how the West finds that difficult to square?

PM: No they are not locked up?

AC: or under house arrest?

PM: The main political parties, the leader, you see them on the TV, the main leader you can see on the television.

AC: They're still locked up. I did see Imran Khan, I did see the head of the Jamaat-e-Islami but they're both under house arrest or on the run. Even Benazir Bhutto is now locked up in her house?

PM: Yes, but what do you expect?

AC: how can that be free and fair, Sir?

PM: You should get to the root of the problem. Benazir Bhutto is in Lahore. Lahore is the capital of Punjab and the Chief Minister of Pubjab is Pervaiz Elahi who she has written to me, if anything happens to her, he is the main accused. Now there is a (inaudible), and what this Chief Minister do? He's the main accused if anything happens to her? What does he do? What do we expect him to do? To let her roam around and something happens and he's the main accused. So let's please understand the environment. If she's there in an agitational mode, in a confrontationist mode, then the response is going to be confrontation and action by the government. After all the government is there to preserve peace.

AC: Hand on heart do you feel that America is possibly thinking of abandoning you. They're talking about a post-Musharraf era. They've been your allies for this long but now the sounds, the sources that I'm talking to, they're thinking maybe he's not going to work out.

PM: OK, yeah.

AC: How would you feel about that?

PM: I feel very bad (laughs). If that is the majority and if that is what the government thinks but however, again, I want to take action as per the requirements of Pakistan.

AC: You'd feel let down by them though wouldn't you?

PM: I do feel let down when people don't understand. But let me say, I feel more let down, not by the governments because I know how they feel, I have spoken to so many world leaders, so many world leaders have rung me up. So you don't know what they have told me, ok?

I am disappointed and let down by the media. Let me put it very bluntly. It is the media which is creating negative vibes on the terrorist front because how you report what you do, encourages, makes heroes of terrorists and lets down those who are fighting against terrorists. I'm talking of the Western media as well as parts of Pakistani media. You distort sometimes without knowing, maybe it is unintentional, in many cases, several cases that I know there are people who intentionally distort to let down somebody. There is, in Pakistan at least, there is a political element involved. So therefore my disappointment and dismay is that we may ultimately lose this battle against terrorism because of the way the media projects the counter-terrorism war. That is my inner feeling.

AC: What is it that would make you resign? At the moment you've got street battles, you've got most of the Opposition locked up, you've got Western governments saying can you lift emergency rule, you have to. I mean, what other ingredients are there to make you resign?

PM: Llift the emergency and bring turmoil into Pakistan. We have to see if there is a way that my going will ensure balance and stability in Pakistan. That is the best time that I would like to quit. OK? And I am seeing that, I am looking at that. Now if my requirement is there to ensure that turmoil is avoided and we go into elections and elected government comes in, that is the best way of handling it. The best way of handling it, the issue is of transition to democracy which is my uniform issue. OK. That must be handled.

The second issue is we must have elections and an elected government because the elections? I have already declared that. So we must have elections. I must handle the uniform issue. I can not be a President in uniform. Now, the choice after that is whether I should stay at all. That option is available to me?

AC: Have you thought of it?

PM: But should it be given up now and we will have better Pakistan, a stablier Pakistan and we could have very good elections, without me? Very good, maybe I take that decision, OK?

AC: Have you thought of it?

PM: Well, I think of everything when I sit down.

AC: But you've actually considered it recently?

PM: I think of every option and I discuss every option.

I have put myself up front, the easiest was that I immediately leave. You are taking me to be a dictator which I am not. Mentally and in my heart I am not a dictator. I have never run the army in a dictatorial manner wherever I've commanded. In my heart I have introduced democracy, I believe in democracy.

Transcript Of Sky News Interview With Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf |Sky News|World News

Video Link
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also heard on NDTV that Pakistani Media took it as that he has already resigned that ended up in Stock Market hapazard again...

The Pakistani media deserves a swift kick, nay several swift kicks, in the transponder. Bloody imbeciles running around like chickens with their heads cut off, printing and broadcasting every rumor in circulation.

Well.. all it matters is that after the election we will have a democratic Pakistan.. no matter how much Indian media and its sympathizers try to malign his so called dicktatarShip rule. :lol:

How many Indians notice Indian express, times of india, and India defence coming up with kiddy titles to get the pay job?

Well.. all it matters is that after the election we will have a democratic Pakistan.. no matter how much Indian media and its sympathizers try to malign his so called dicktatarShip rule. :lol:

How many Indians notice Indian express, times of india, and India defence coming up with kiddy titles to get the pay job?
Why is anyone even reading the Indian media on this issue?

I've heard from several Musharraf haters that they posted furious comments against the Telegraph for calling him an SOB. There is a major media campaign going on in Pakistan and abroad to bring Mushy down.

If he survives till Jan 9th, they would all come crumbling down. Pak media has already started showing signs of mellowing up. They are not getting any advertisers at all. I'm more interested in seeing things settle up with the Pakistani media.

Nodoubt how long you watch GEO or ARYONE, a non-stop criticism on govt.
How people will digest the anti-govt joint opposition of two worst enemy (Bibi-Nawaz)?. Watching son of Itizaz Ahson, outside NY Bar council begging for the help of US lawyers association for the freedom of his father and telling they are the most educated and influential world class (sound like whole Paksitani nation is bunch of backward) Instead he come back and strive for it.

Translation please!

‘West, Media not good with me’, says Musharraf

KARACHI: President General Pervez Musharraf aid Wednesday that the induction of authentic and impartial persons would be ensured in the interim setup.

Talking to an international news agency at the Presidential House here, he said the West and media played dishonestly with him.

Benazir Bhutto was put under house arrest in view of security apprehensions, the president said adding it was impossible for him to permit a large rally in such a populated area as Liaquat Bagh and in the present situation, taking out a big rally would be a wrong step, as the same happened in Karachi.

Musharraf said Benazir Bhutto, from the very inception, is changing her viewpoint, she came to Pakistan with reconciliation mood; but now she wants confrontation.

‘Even if she wins the elections, she will have to cope with constitutional issues before she becomes the premier for the third time,’ he said adding that she is trying to give the impression that she would be the next premier of Pakistan; though, she is not popular in Punjab.

He said he would not dictate the election commission, as he neither saw the chief Election Commission, nor did he write to him, and he does not intend to do so in future.

He vowed to hold the elections in independent and peaceful atmosphere.

He said that every possible effort is being made to hold fair and transparent elections and see-thorough boxes would be placed at polling booths.

The opposition wants to create law and order problem in the country, President Musharraf said.

On this occasion, he urged the media to portray the right picture in complete realization of the law and order situation.

Commenting on ultimatum given by the Commonwealth, he remarked, ‘I do not take ultimatum.’

‘West, Media not good with me’, says Musharraf

Why is anyone even reading the Indian media on this issue?

I've heard from several Musharraf haters that they posted furious comments against the Telegraph for calling him an SOB. There is a major media campaign going on in Pakistan and abroad to bring Mushy down.

If he survives till Jan 9th, they would all come crumbling down. Pak media has already started showing signs of mellowing up. They are not getting any advertisers at all. I'm more interested in seeing things settle up with the Pakistani media.

I don't see him survive even 30 days.

While Musharraf's party is allowed to do rallies, however, the other political parties are banned from this expression. What a dictator.

^^Which political parties is Musharraf doing? Isn't Bhutto the one wanting to march through the streets?

Back
Top Bottom