What's new

Are Chinese more confident of their identity than other East Asians?

milvipes

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Please don't drag India into this. The Comparison is strictly between Chinese, Japanese, & Koreans.
When was the last time you saw a Japanese or Korean contemporary performing artist incorporate elements of traditional/folk culture into his work, & make it big?
The Chinese have such "Chinked out" artists with more than their fair market share, such us Jay Chou & Wang Leehom. Some of their songs are overtly anti-West, such as 吳克群's interpretation of 將軍令.
I can't think of too many J-pop or K-pop artists who dare to use traditional instruments in their music, as if it would risk ridicule by the "rest of the world".

jay is extremely talented, his tracks are a staple when we take road trips :tup:
cindy has some great songs too (although the lady enjoys it more than I :tongue:)

jay is extremely talented, his tracks are a staple when we take road trips :tup:
cindy has some great songs too (although the lady enjoys it more than I :tongue:)

Just curious......how come an Indian guy like yourself know who is jay ?

Just about every non-Christian culture has been ridiculed/dehumanized by the Anglophone media, yet in the Far East, only Chinese sound this indignant.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ lol @ sounding indignant while performing in visibly western style
heard this track before but first time watching the MV. thanks for posting.

^ lol @ sounding indignant while performing in visibly western style
heard this track before but first time watching the MV. thanks for posting.
Perhaps, but the use of Surna & the anti-West lyric is something not found (or sell well) in Japanese or Korean mainstream pop culture.

Because Koreans and Jap anese are enslaved by whites. South Koreans cannot evne control their own military. US Forces Korea control them. They have conscription. Those who avoid conscription will be paid a visit by military police and dragged away. Straight from the mouth of South Korean students.

the chinese are definitely more confident about their indenity then other asians hence they are the only ones buying up "english baby names" books and calling themselves robin li, jackie chan, david wu, jack ma....

Back
Top Bottom