What's new

Arab affairs News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, let's use this thread to discuss all the conflicts and how they should be solved(not for updates).

Not only that but try to avoid silly discussions between us as we are brothers and sisters. I would like if we totally avoided sectarianism or any kind of insults labelled at any Arab country although this rarely happens.

We can tell about our disagreements in a civil manner and most importantly try to find solutions.

I really hate Arab-Arab fighting especially considering what is going on today in many Arab countries where brother is killing brother for the most silly reasons while we all should work together to improve our region and the lives of the people many whom suffer tremendously.

Deep down inside we all want (or certainly the vast majority) to have cordial relations and live in peace and harmony regardless of political and sectarian differences.

I think that this video really says it all.

Last edited:
We can tell about our disagreements in a civil manner and most importantly try to find solutions.

I really hate Arab-Arab fighting especially considering what is going on today in many Arab countries where brother is killing brother for the most silly reasons while we all should work together to improve our region and the lives of the people many whom suffer tremendously.

Watch ''from 3.43 to 22.11'' :meeting: :lol:

How to solve problems in the Middle East:
Kill all dictators
Terrorists like ISIS die out themselves
Secular/Islamic democracy established
Israel destroyed
Jesus comes down
Everyone dies
Judgement Day
woo

I believe that Sunnis and Shias are all Muslims.

And that the problems we are having right now are just political.

Even though there's a lot of people think that it's natural for a country to do and say whatever is necessary to serve its own interests. I don't believe that is the right way to go. Since it's rare that our interests ever intersect, and we will always fall into the same trap.

In my opinion, any side that used religion or a "higher purpose" as the reason behind his actions, is only working for his self-interests, and is causing harm to Islam first, knowingly or unknowingly, and is making peace harder and harder to achieve between our peoples.

I believe both sides are at fault here for this crime.

There a lot of Sunnis who fell into the trap of demonizing the Shia public, justifying crimes against Shia because of their religious beliefs. I'm always rethinking my own beliefs and self criticize when I talk to some of these people. Who have no sense of the basic concepts of crime and punishment, and of the basics of humanity and lack the simplest tools of critical thinking.

Some of the people from both sides are just angry at the injustices that they suffered at the hands of the people that call themselves "Shias" or "Sunnis" regardless of how well they represent that school of thought. I'm sure many Shias protest against using their religious beliefs to further someone's political ambitions and goals.

Shias who were victims of sectarian terrorism causing them to adopt the belief of (we against the world), Sunnis suffering from unjust rulers and military dictators causing them to lash out at everything and anything that stands between them and what they believe is the perfect Islamic utopia.

It's just the human condition.

I mean for the sake of argument, let's say that their principle that Shias or Sunnis are not Muslims is right. In the Quran it clearly says don't insult their "Gods" so they don't insult yours. We are not supposed to insult the cows that the Hindus worship. So I believe if we're not supposed to insult that, then logically we shouldn't insult someone's religion, saints, beliefs, culture, etc etc.

Even I sometimes talk in that tone, so I apologize for that.

Watch ''from 3.43 to 22.11'' :meeting: :lol:

Syrian comedy.:lol:

They did an excellent job with the various dialects too of each Arab country.

Highly exaggerated but that's the point of a parody and comedy often.

May I ask if you belong to the Arab community in Turkey or if you just live close to the Syrian border and thus have learnt Arabic?

Last edited:

May I ask if you belong to the Arab community in Turkey or if you just live close to the Syrian border and thus have learnt Arabic?
Lol at the Lebanese guy on whose picture to put on the unified currency, so true.

"Wanted to suggest our president's picture, but sadly, we have three.." :omghaha:

I know it is exaggerated but was really funny though 'Dabbabah!' :lol:
I also speak English, does that mean i belong to an English community or live anywhere near England?
I am Turkish and i live nowhere around Syrian or Iraqi border :)

Last edited:
o_O

Too easy !!!

There are not two truths but only one and unique (One God, one faith). Black or white. White or black. Sunni or Shia, but not both.

Otherwise God would not have sent ‘a prophet - Muhammad - to restore the only truth (Now called Sunni Muslim)’. Not Judaism, Christianity, Shia or Protestantism.

Let them do what they want, as they want. I do not care. Shia in best are like infidels (Judaism, Christianity, Protestantism - People of the Book -). But they deal their own business and not those of others (Sunni world). For those who say that this is exactly the same, they are free to become Shia.

:closed:

I'm sure you and me, both being Sunnis, have many differences. But the question is, at what stage those differences are extreme enough that one of us have to be outside of the circle of "True Islam"

I don't claim to know how big the circle of Islam is and who falls inside it. What I know is that if someone says they're Muslim, I have no right to say otherwise. As per the Qur'an and the Hadiths. It's simply not my responsibility.

I'm sure you and me, both being Sunnis, have many differences...

If one. Ali is a prophet (Shia).

Ali is not a prophet and never will. Nobody asked him to guide the Muslims. And even if God wanted another guide or a king so he would have appointed him even through his prophet Muhammad. If God wanted the prophet had a blood heir (Like a king) it would have given him. God is almighty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom