What's new

AR 15 or AK Platform?

AR 15 or AK Platform?

• AR-15 Platform e.g (M4, M16, HK-416)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • AK-47 Platform e.g (AKM, AK-103, AK-74)

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Other e.g (G3A3, FAL, FN Scar)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Both are good. Depends on purpose of use. AK is better for general issue to most troops. AR platform is better in more specialty roles.

Angraiza di v mat vji ay . Simple c rifle hai us ko platform bna dia . Taytion p hota hai platform

AR is for gun enthusiast, you can do a lot with it, you will never get bored with it.

To get into the more technical aspects of it; They’re both good rifles, the claims of AKs being inaccurate or
“cheap” and ARs being more accurate or specialized or high tech are highly unfounded, it’s just how we view the rifles given their roles in our military. The claims of the M16/M4/AR series of rifles being less durable than AKs are also largely unfounded If the weapons are maintained similarly and built to similar standards.

The AK has a slightly more powerful caliber and thus higher recoil, but a trained shooter should see no considerable change in his accuracy with similar ammo at a similar range with both platforms. The effective ranges do not vary considerably either. At the end of the day what you use depends on what you can get easier and cheaper and the ammo you have in stock, so logistics stays easier.

I would personally pick the AR-15 platform given its ease of use over the AK. All AK models bar the most modern AK203 series have a harder time mounting accessories and especially optics (given that you cannot mount them on the dust cover and must do so at the very front of the rifle or use a side mount). To me the AR-15 has a more comfortable sustained and long term firing feel due to lower recoil but the AK feels more “fun” (keep in mind this varies a lot with what AK and what AR you are using exactly).

At the end of the day this Is all down to preference, has been discussed to death by gun owners over the decades, for the purposes of our military the AKs just work better because of various logistical and cost related reasons. For personal usage…one of both, why not, but I lean towards ARs slightly because AK203 at the moment is impossible to get.

AR: Better accuracy and deadlier at longer range
AK: Cheaper and Taliban beat a Super Power using 40 year old AK 47s

Still, I would choose the AR due to the accuracy.

I have a Glock 9mm and my cousin has a Glock 40mm. Some people say stopping power is more important for home defense. But, when a family member has been taken hostage by a home invader then using a 40 mm is just too risky. So I'll take accuracy any day of the week.

No, we will stick to G3 no matter what.. 😜
I added an Other option to the poll. Please vote that
I got rid of all my AR's and got 2 Arsenal AKS with Trijicon MRO red dots. for SHTF, ak is the one.
I think both have strengths and weaknesses I have an AR-15 but I want an AK-103 or the closest you can get to that in America.
I think bullet caliber is more important than platform.
yes but both do use different callibers. the AR platform uses 5.56mm while Ak uses 7.62x39 and 5.45mm.

5.8 or 6.8 or 7.62 round, mated to a HK416 style gas operated short-stroke piston system. The outside can look like whatever just needs to be light and sturdy

can anyone tell me where in Pakistan can i buy a reliable AR rifle?

14508dcf3f75443c9d7acd3e11879e1a.jpg

CQ-A
c3e29e15ba2f3d897b78edda738660c0(1).jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom