What's new

Applications of 'Kamikaze' techniques in future conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

White privilege

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We should fully utilise these Mirages. After their retirement, convert them old ones into UAVs and load them them with as much munitions as possible for Kamikazee style attacks.

As for the Rose upgraded ones, make sure the complete their century.
I guess the quoted post got me thinking about Kamikaze applications but not just the usual drones or remote controlled munitions.

Application of Kamikaze was very effective in world war two but they were a little too late and the Japanese had already lost the initiative. One of the reason of the failure was because the Japanese crew were not the elite ones that participated in Pearl Harbor or Midway,so they lost out to the experienced Allied crews.In case of a Pak-India conflict, the PAF would be at numerical disadvantage because it won't just be dueling the IAF,but also supporting the Army and Navy round the clock.Indian command and control centres would be many and deep,and targeting them all would be of utmost importance at the very onset of the conflict, but not always survivable. ESM could limit the deployment of SOWs and cruise missiles.So in such a case a manned, almost suicidal and one-way mission might be the only possibility. May be the PAF can convert the older types for these missions, and ensure such a mix of crew experience that the mission is accomplished and any loss of crew would not always be heavy in terms of experience.

I guess the quoted post got me thinking about Kamikaze applications but not just the usual drones or remote controlled munitions.

Application of Kamikaze was very effective in world war two but they were a little too late and the Japanese had already lost the initiative. One of the reason of the failure was because the Japanese crew were not the elite ones that participated in Pearl Harbor or Midway,so they lost out to the experienced Allied crews.In case of a Pak-India conflict, the PAF would be at numerical disadvantage because it won't just be dueling the IAF,but also supporting the Army and Navy round the clock.Indian command and control centres would be many and deep,and targeting them all would be of utmost importance at the very onset of the conflict, but not always survivable. ESM could limit the deployment of SOWs and cruise missiles.So in such a case a manned, almost suicidal and one-way mission might be the only possibility. May be the PAF can convert the older types for these missions, and ensure such a mix of crew experience that the mission is accomplished and any loss of crew would not always be heavy in terms of experience.

A plane will be shot down like a cruise missile. There is nothing a kamikaze can do that a cruise missile can't. If a plane can fly deep into Indian territory and survive then might as well make it go half the journey, launch an SOW and turn around safely.

Also a pilot is much more valuable than a plane.

In today's Air Warfare, this topic is as relevant as a fart in a Spacecraft.

The OP’s family should be the first to be “volunteered”

I am proud of them. I believe they will be among the few who would.
Thankfully the PAF doesn’t consider its pilots nor equipment disposable for worthless missions in modern combat but if you do consider yourself and family in that category .. god speed to you :victory1:. I suggest using cessna’s since the result and effectiveness will be the same because the Mirages will still need a team of technicians best used on actual missions.

Thankfully the PAF doesn’t consider its pilots nor equipment disposable for worthless missions in modern combat but if you do consider yourself and family in that category .. god speed to you :victory1:. I suggest using cessna’s since the result and effectiveness will be the same because the Mirages will still need a team of technicians best used on actual missions.
Why are you being so emotional?? Loose your candy bar or something,go look for it somewhere else....!!!!

A knowledge based discussion supposedly to pave way for future and create new ways for warfare by ensuring maximum safety of men and skilled minds, is taken literally to get back to WWII era and keep losing the riders. Can't tolerate it.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom