What's new

Any Android developer over here?

Jango

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi folks.

I've recently started to have an interest in app development (due to some weird reason). I have started doing some fairly simple stuff and have some sort of understanding of the underlying process.

So is there any android developer on this board who is willing to help out?

Those internet lessons are really hard to follow sometimes!:p

I also started working in android few months ago as my interest developed. But then got stuck in projects so its still in my wish list. :(

@Fulcrum15 How's your Java? There are a few video training courses available which you can get via torrent. They are quite handy.

I also started working in android few months ago as my interest developed. But then got stuck in projects so its still in my wish list. :(

@Fulcrum15 How's your Java? There are a few video training courses available which you can get via torrent. They are quite handy.

Yar Java itni strong nhn.

C++ I know.

I've searched around the net and the conclusion that I could understand is that Java is from general programs while C++ is for gaming software. So I think I need to learn Java first.

Btw, I have got a bit of a hang of the basics (I am using eclipse), like the environment, the emulator, basic hello world, input output sort of stuff.

I know how to code a calculator program or make classes and structures and make a weekly management program in C++, but don't know how to transfer that to Java and then further into the code for my program.

That transition is where I need help.

Yar Java itni strong nhn.

C++ I know.

I've searched around the net and the conclusion that I could understand is that Java is from general programs while C++ is for gaming software. So I think I need to learn Java first.

Btw, I have got a bit of a hang of the basics (I am using eclipse), like the environment, the emulator, basic hello world, input output sort of stuff.

I know how to code a calculator program or make classes and structures and make a weekly management program in C++, but don't know how to transfer that to Java and then further into the code for my program.

That transition is where I need help.

If you are familiar with c++ then its all good, because you are familiar with most of the programming fundamentals.

For basic stuff, you don't need to bother much about Java, but for advanced stuff you need good understanding of it. Also Java is a whole different subject, because its a huge language. But for Android, only some android related stuff of Java needs to be learned. I don't know if I can share a torrent link here or not (not sure if its allowed here). But there is a video training on Andoid SDK Essential Training. Just google it, you will easily find ******** to download whole video training. It covers almost all basics and provides good foundation for new learners.

I would suggest that you start with a book for dummies and have a firm knowledge about Java and Android programming basics. After that you can rely on online community to help you. There are many small things that are easy to miss out in android development which may be frustrating to debug if you are not familiar with the basics.

C/C++ is the best computer language to learn fundamentals of computer. Also the syntax of all languages are same.

I have developed interest in C/C++ these days.

Check tutorials of Lynda.com which are available via ********. Download ********. Fast and Free Torrent Downloads - KickassTorrents

Do andorid. ios, windows all use same programming languages for developing apps? ..in others words if someone is expert in developing app for ios then can he also do same for android and window phones? Can someone who don't have computer sciences background learn these stuffs say in 6 moth/year computer language courses?

I myself made few simple apps with Lua and Corona SDK simulator. What language do you use?

Back
Top Bottom