What's new

Anti-terror drill held in east China's Shanghai

aimarraul

Reaction score
Anti-terror drill held in east China's Shanghai

English.news.cn | 2011-09-14 19:51:37 | Editor: Bi Mingxin

131138757_11n.jpg

Photo taken on Sept. 14, 2011 shows regimental police in an obstacle race of an anti-terror drill in east China's Shanghai. The special police corps of Shanghai Public Security Bureau practiced the quick response ability to terrorist attacks and emergencies in the one-hour drill. (Xinhua/Fan Jun)

131138756_11n.jpg

131138755_11n.jpg

131138754_11n.jpg

131138753_11n.jpg

131138752_11n.jpg

131138751_11n.jpg

131138750_11n.jpg

Why does the vehicle have the English name for police on it? Is that really necessary?

Do police vehicles in England or the US use Chinese characters?

This is self-inflicted mockery, and India too, experiences the same thing.

Shanghai probably does have fairly sizeable foreign populations.

Shanghai probably does have fairly sizeable foreign populations.

A city called San Francisco in the US has high Chinese population but you do not see Chinese characters on their police vehicles.

No respectable nation should do that.

But it has spanish sounding name.

There are too many things that a respectable country shouldn't do. I regard putting english on police cars as just the little mini shrimp case.

But it has spanish sounding name.

It is an English name. That is simple fact.

If foreigners live in China, they should learn Chinese, no? or do foreigners get special privileges over Chinese people?

Maybe due to the fact of foreigners commit crimes.
It saves the trouble of both sides that people who are not cooperate and thus got killed in action simply due to the reason of language problems.

It is an English name. That is simple fact.

If foreigners live in China, they should learn Chinese, no? or do foreigners get special privileges over Chinese people?

I smelled an attempt to make me discontent about something that I prob. won't be thinking about anymore 10 minutes after logging off the internet.

Maybe due to the fact of foreigners commit crimes.
It saves the trouble of both sides that people who are not cooperate and thus got killed in action simply due to the reason of language problems.

I am sure foreigners don't need the word POLICE on a armored vehicle to put things into perspective. It is pretty disgraceful to say the least. If England of the US don't use Chinese characters on their police/military vehicles, then why do China use English for it's police/military vehicles?

I see the same situation in India and my stomach turns every time.

No it's for those special occasions when you have protests and foreign journalists filming in some safe distance. You put the word police there in english so next day the CNN or BBC won't scream chinese ARMY/PLA cracking down on protests (!)

looks bad arse!

i agree that china should use chinese characters for 'police'.

im sick of these whites trying to westernize china.

Why does the vehicle have the English name for police on it? Is that really necessary?

Do police vehicles in England or the US use Chinese characters?

This is self-inflicted mockery, and India too, experiences the same thing.

English people are not smart enough to write in Chinese so that's why Police Vehicle in England hand no Chinese writing on them ! LOL

Back
Top Bottom