What's new

Amazing Weather Phenomenon in Skardu

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is the Shangri La Resort, Skardu situated in Northern Territories of Pakistan.
The overhead image captures freak weather in this Mountainous Upmarket Holiday Resort.
Snow and Summer at the same location. The area on the left side is covered in snow while just a few feet across it's perfect summer weather. And i am hoping to visit the destination this year.

DzSOdSqWwAAMbLN.jpg

Really... summer weather... it might be 2 to 3 Celsius difference and u r calling it summer weather ... rofl .. sure mr. wind, u seem to have gotten carried away

This is the Shangri La Resort, Skardu situated in Northern Territories of Pakistan.
The overhead image captures freak weather in this Mountainous Upmarket Holiday Resort.
Snow and Summer at the same location. The area on the left side is covered in snow while just a few feet across it's perfect summer weather. And i am hoping to visit the destination this year.

View attachment 559473

Oh bhai, its called not frozen because no snow fall....summer weather that close to snow will melt it, and snow that close to normal weather will cool it...

In mountainous regions, such complex weather phenomena can happen. If one side is shaded by tall mountains, then temperature can vary between the shade side and unshaded side. Once I was bicycling from my office to home and it started to rain all of the sudden but only on one side of the road while the other side a sunny and dry.

Last edited:
It wouldn't harm you to use that brain of yours and see the lake half frozen.

Sure let me explain this further.. the temperature is above freezing where snow has already melted.. lake ice cover melts slowly based on the thickness of ice sheet.. and that’s why the ice cover is there above the above melting surrounding ... brain my wind, quite logical ... don’t get carried away

:-):azn:

Sure let me explain this further.. the temperature is above freezing where snow has already melted.. lake ice cover melts slowly based on the thickness of ice sheet.. and that’s why the ice cover is there above the above melting surrounding ... brain my wind, quite logical ... don’t get carried away

Here in Sweden, snow can be seen along the roads even in June in some years and the reason is accumulation and shade. A slight difference of temperature makes the ice melt while some patches still survive. Since the tall mountains surround this left side of the pic in OP, so more snow falls there in the winter while the same mountains shadow the sun over this area and thus a few degrees difference which keeps the ice intact for a longer time.

It wouldn't harm you to use that brain of yours and see the lake half frozen.

In Canada lakes freeze after temp below -10 for about two weeks. Lakes dont freeze instantly, its just snow carried away on half side and under that snow its still summer like green....or it might be a photoshop

Since you have no idea on these weather conditions, let me wind your brain with some simplicity.
When Ice thaws on a lake, it simply just doesn't evaporate from one side and remains solid on the other unless there is a huge temperature difference, this picture might help you understand.

Lake-Saiful-Mulook-in-winter.jpg

Winter is coming !!! The Army of the dead ( Retard Indians !! ) are coming... Call the banners!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom