What's new

"AMAZING PAKISTANIS" Who Have Made Us Proud!!!

CHACHA"G"

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hello All
Pakistan, a land that has become synonymous with ‘versatile’ crime, crude jokes about Talibanisation in the West and a euphemism for all that is dark and grey. There are always two sides to a coin; the first side is seldom the accurate or the complete picture.

There are plenty of problems in this country, yet somehow I always get the impression that the media outlets in Pakistan do tend to overemphasise the negative aspects over the positives. I am sure this statement would fetch many comments that can be classified as nefarious by any linguistic measure. But, please, do try to understand the point of all this.

The point is that the country is in transition- it is a volatile transition wherein we all must play a role to change the social standards and norms of Pakistan. In this blog post, I will go over a list of people of Pakistani descent, from diverse backgrounds, who are working diligently to promote a pro-Pakistan image abroad.

Their efforts combined with individual efforts from all of us would ultimately determine both the pace and the quality of the social change that we all so desire to manifest in Pakistan. I draw my inspiration from these people, I hope you do too.

Proud-Pakistani.jpg

Arfa Karim Randhawa.
Arfa-Karim1.jpg

A proud of her country, the world’s youngest Microsoft Certified Professional, Arfa Karim Randhawa being remembered today on her second death anniversary who was died after suffering from an epileptic attack on January 14, 2012.

She shocked the world with her remarkable and miraculous achievement by becoming youngest Microsoft Certified Professional at the age of 9 in the year 2004.

Her unfortunate death at the age of only 16 had dismayed people in not only Pakistan but around the world including Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

Bill Gates invited Arfa Karim in Microsoft Headquarter due to her astonishing performance and results.

She received couple of big awards in her life. She got Pride of Performance award from President Zardari in 2005. She also received Fatimah Jinnah Gold Medal and Salaam Pakistan Youth Award.

After her death, the government of Punjab has dedicated an IT park to Arfa in remembrance.

Malala Yousafzai.

malala4.jpg

Malala Yousafzai is the youngest girl who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for advocating girls’ education in SWAT.

She was shot in the head by the Taliban gunmen in 2012; since then she has constantly strived for women’s rights and has even secured a place in the Top 100 most Influential List of People in the Times Magazine.

Malala has recently opened a school for the Syrian refugee girls in Lebanon. Nothing can back this girl down!

Samina Baig.

575637_10151704210494179_2098757568_n.jpg

Samina Baig has broken stereotypes by being the first Pakistani woman and the third Pakistani to conquer Mount Everest. Samina was also the first to conquer the Chashkin Sar peak in 2010 which was then named after her.

Being a woman, she has proven that there is no task that a woman cannot succeed at, no matter how painstaking that might be, and that is why you’re on this list. Samina, you rock!

Jahangir Khan, The Legend of Squash
13174148_10154886250074179_7170166991118671181_n.jpg

“I was told I would never become world champion. I was the youngest, smallest, feeblest and sickest of the family. Neither the doctor nor my father believed there was any chance for me to become a good squash player” – says Jahangir Khan in his book ‘Winning Squash’.

7 Most Outstanding Achievements of Jahangir Khan.

• Won World Amateur Championships at age 15;
    • Won World Open Championships at age 17; the youngest ever;
    • Unbeaten for 5 years and 8 months; winning 555 matches consecutively;
    • British Open Champion10 times in a row (1982-1993); which remains unchallenged;
    • World Open Champion 6 times – for which he is listed in the Guiness Book of World records;
    • 1st player to win World Open Championships without dropping a game;
    • Played longest squash match in history (1983) – 2hours, 46 minutes;

Abdul Sattar Edhi.

10933943_844302052295068_2689540023745199623_n.jpg

Abdul Sattar Edhi’s social welfare services are spanned over his entire life by offering exclusive sacrifices in many areas—like personal and social life as well as his personal business, and so on. He is serving the humanity selflessly and dedicatedly without expecting for any monetary benefit or financial gain. He has buried over 200,000 unclaimed dead bodies.

His exclusive services to the mankind, with exclusive reference to shrouding and then burying unclaimed and abandoned dead-bodies, at a time, when there is no value of any human being, as extremists of the modern times are cutting the healthy and live human beings into pieces like onions and tomatoes, at such time, Edhi’s role for the humanity – is truly unparalleled and unmatched, and very least possibilities of tracing this sort of best services for the humanity, across the world.

This is something indicating towards a reality that there is no place of goodwill, love and affection, brotherhood and amity, feelings of friendliness yet by serving to the humanity, Edhi has given a new meaning to the life that everyone should forward to give goodwill, love and affection, brotherhood and affection, and feelings of friendliness to others – again a matter of pride for Edhi.

The story of services – in the explainer video explained by Edhi can also be listened and to get more updates about the Edhi’s role for the humanity.

Ali Moeen Nawazish

Ali%2BMoeen%2BNawazish.jpg

He is most notably famous for setting a record of acing 23 subjects in the Cambridge O-Level examinations. He is also the recipient of Pride of Performance award and his contributions to the field of education are immense. He continues to work tirelessly and has founded an organisation called ‘StepUP Pakistan’, where they aim to train teachers and improve education in the impoverished areas of the country; a noble effort by an equally noble youngster.

Dr Atta Ur Rahman.

atta-ur-rehman.jpg

Dr Atta Ur Rahman is popularly known for being a revolutionary minister for science and technology who created Higher Education Commission (HEC) and took some important decisions to promote higher education in Pakistan. He is also credited with establishing a strong research culture in institutes of higher education based on internationally recognized principles.

What many people are unaware of are his contributions in area of organic chemistry. He is one of the finest researchers from Pakistan with more than 800 international publications, which include research papers, books, articles and other scholarly publications in area of organic chemistry. He is also recipient of Pakistan's highest civilian award Nishan-i-Imtiaz. Dr. Atta Ur Rahman has supervised work of more than 72 PhD scholars. His work at HEJ Institute of Chemistry at Karachi University is truly inspiring for scientist community world over which resulted in him being awarded the coveted UNESCO Science Prize in 1999.

These few words as a citation to the UNESCO Science Prize for Dr Atta Ur Rahman sum up the achievements of this Amazing Pakistani scientist:
"Professor Atta-Ur-Rahman has been committed to the advancement of his scientific field internationally and also in his native Pakistan where he has spent most of his professional life. He established and remains director of the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry in Pakistan, a research facility for natural product chemistry, the first major center of its kind in Pakistan and among the best in the region."

Thank you all for reading , I would like all of you to participate ,

Note: mods can you guys make this a sticky thread, thank you

@WAJsal @Moonlight @Zibago @django @The Sandman @Viper0011. @PAKISTANFOREVER @MastanKhan @Spring Onion @Zarvan @Horus @DESERT FIGHTER @Oscar @fatman17 @Windjammer @Stealth @Sulman Badshah @waz @Spy Master @Dalit @Kaptaan @Tipu7 @HRK @Penguin @Arsalan @shah1398

Last edited:
Though some persons in the list are controversial and some great one missing but still very proud of PAkistan. Good Work. nice share

Hello All
"AMAZING PAKISTANIS" Who Have Made Us Proud!!! Continuous , Please note guys and girls I will try my level best to bring all , But If any one on you think I missed some one please post ,
Lets us all Pakistanis Make this a Proud Pakistani Thread. It does not matter posted before are not just bring all of Proud under one umbrella .
Thank you All.

Nazir Sabir.
Sabir_Nazir_Sabir_on_top_of_Everest_May_17_2000_01.JPG

Nazir Sabi is a Pakistani mountaineer. He was born in Hunza. He has climbed Mount Everest and four of the five 8000 m peaks in Pakistan, including the world's second highest mountain K2 in 1981, Gasherbrem II 8035m, Broad Peak 8050m in 1982 and Gasherbrum I 8068m in 1992.He became the first from Pakistan to have climbed Everest on 17 May 2000 as a team member on the Mount Everest .
For his outstanding achievements he earned the prestigious President's Award for Pride-of-Performance in 1982.and was honoured with The Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Star of Excellence) in 2001 for his outstanding performance in mountaineering sports.
He is the only Pakistani to have been awarded honorary membership of the Alpine Club (UK) in 1992, the Polish Mountaineering Federation in 2002 and the American Alpine Club in 2008.

Aleem Dar.
Aleem-Dar-PKG-01-01-640x480.jpg

The 47-year-old says despite all the accolades, his proudest moment has been representing Pakistan.

“I can't explain the moment when I won the first award. For me, it felt like I had done something for my country.

“I had tears in my eyes, I never thought I would reach this level.”

Dar idolised West Indies umpire Steve Bucknor when he started his career and the Jhang-born official say anyone who wants to be successful needs an idol.

“I will say that not only this profession [umpiring], but, whatever profession you have, try to reach its peak, try to be the best in your respective field,” he says.

“Idolise someone, like when I started, I idolised Steve Bucknor. You need to have a role model for yourself.

He is the third member of the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires to reach the 100-Test mark.

Hussain Shah.
pakistans_forgotten_hero_-_hussain_shah_0.jpg

SHAH is a boxer from Pakistan, who won the bronze medal in the Middleweight division (71–75 kg) at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea. This was the country's first ever Olympic boxing medal. He remains the only Pakistani sportsperson to win an individual medal at the Olympic Games in the last fifty-plus years. Only other Pakistani to ever win an individual Olympic medal is the wrestler Muhammad Bashir, who won a bronze madal at the 1960 Summer Olympics.

Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan.
hqdefault.jpg

Abdul Qadeer Khan, also respectfully known by Pakistanis as Mohsin-e-Pakistan. Dr. A. Q. Khan, is a Pakistani nuclear scientist and a metallurgical engineer, colloquially regarded as the founder of HEU based Gas-centrifuge uranium enrichment program for Pakistan’s integrated atomic bomb project. He was one of Pakistan’s top scientists, and was involved in the country’s various scientific programs until his dismissal.

Hakim Muhammad Saeed.
10678823_10152827285849306_4700985385754747821_n.jpg

A true scholar, writer, intellectual, innovator, entrepreneur and a philanthropist, Hakeem Muhammad Saeed is alive as an amazing person of diverse abilities in memories of Pakistan even years after his tragic murder in 1998.

Hakim Saeed, as he was popularly known established Hamdard Dawakhana, from the institution his father created in India before partition. His organization which was mainly focused on traditional medicine later went on to diversify in fields of higher education, publishing and social work. Hamdard is one of the largest production facilities of traditional or herbal medicines in Pakistan. Hakim Saeed's work in reviving traditional medicine is considered to be pioneering in contemporary times because he established on modern footings and got it recognized by established bodies like World Health Organization (WHO).

Hakim Saeed was always optimistic and enthusiastic about Pakistan and what all this country has to offer. He established 'Madina-tul-Hikmat' (city of wisdom) in outskirts of Karachi which today houses different institutions of higher education including Hamdard university. Hakim Saeed was always very fond of interacting with children and was a popular figure among them through his writing from a children magazine, Naunehal. Hakim Saeed also served as Governor of Sindh.

Honours, Prizes, Awards

- Sitara-i-Imtiaz, Pakistan 1966
- “Sadiq Dost Award” from the people of Bahawalpur through commissioner of
Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Certificate of Merit from the Institute of History of Science and Technology, Istanbul
Technical University, Turkey 1981
- Islamic Medicine Prize, Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences, Kuwait,
- Winner of the Novosti Press Agency’s Abu Ali Ibn Sina (Avicenna) International Prize
for 1989, U.S.S.R.
- World No-Tobacco Day Medal, World Health Organization, 1995
- Award by the Pakistan League of the United States of America, New York, for the
services in the fields of health, education and social work, 1996
- Outstanding Pakistani Award from the Rotary Club Islamabad Cosmopolitan, 1996
- Commemorative Postage Stamp, issued on 17th October 1999 on 1st Anniversary of
Martyrdom of Hakim Mohammed Said
- Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Posthumous), in the field of Medicine (Hikmat) conferred by the
President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the occasion of the Independence
Day, 14th August, 2000

Ismail Gul Gee ,
tumblr_ljw1z3cKcg1qipus9o1_250.jpg

Ismail Gulgee was yet another award winning globally famous Pakistani artist. Ismail Gulgee was born in Peshawar on October 25, 1926. His father and grandfather had moved there from Attock, while his mother was from Hazara.
Ismail Gulgee who is known by his surname 'Gulgee' has some extraordinary works in calligraphy, paintings and sculptors to his credit. Before his tragic murder in 2007, Gulgee had created some amazing work and earned critics acclaim from world over. By education, he was an engineer and was a self-taught painter and artist. His work is renowned for its ingenuity and his calligraphy work is said to be an inspirational movement in itself.
He is always remembered for a kind and humble disposition. His exhibitions were held successfully both locally and internationally.
Government of Pakistan awarded him with awards like Sitara-i-Imtiaz, Hilal-i-Imtiaz, Pride of Performance. Gulgee's work and contribution to art and culture in Pakistan will always be remembered.

Jansher Khan - The Squash Legend.
Jansher-1.jpg

One of the greatest players in Squash, Jansher Khan is said to have continued the legacy of Jahangir Khan. He along with Jahangir Khan achieved such brilliance in this game that they were literally invincible for any other player.

Jansher Khan held a total of 99 international titles including 8 World Opens and 6 British Opens. He continues to be an inspiration for upcoming players in this game both in Pakistan and abroad.
Jansher Khan also held strong rivalry with Jahangir Khan with 19 wins from a total of 37 matches this pair had among them.
Jansher Khan ruled the world of Squash after Jahangir Khan for more than 6 years as world number 1.
Jansher Khan's retirement brought an end to nearly 50 years of domination by Pakistan in the sport of squash.

Khalida Brohi.
khalida-brohi.jpg

Khalida Brohi launched a non-profit organization, Sughar Empowerment Society in order to help women from backward rural areas of Pakistan. She herself likes to refer to her as a rural woman albeit being well educated in Karachi. She never forgot her roots and started off with social initiatives at the age of 16. She carefully tread the path of empowering and facilitating woman in communities which remained highly conservative in these areas. She faced resistance and financial setbacks in formative years of her organization but she would take them as learning experiences and even published them on a special page on official website of her organization. Her work focused on uplifting of women who have been ignored by society at large
Her work was recognized in form of several awards as well as fellowship at MIT Media labs.
Her page at MIT media labs details her work while official team page of Sughar Empowerment Society has other details about her and her team.
Her work with Sughar was noticed by Forbes, where she was recognized as part of Forbes 30 under 30 in 2014. In 2014, she became part of the second cohort of fellows with the MIT Media Lab, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Brohi was also the subject of a documentary by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, Seeds of Change, which was set to release in 2014. On October 2014, she gave a TED talk at TEDGlobal 2014 where she discusses her activism against honor killings.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom