What's new

Amar G. Bose, Acoustic Engineer and Inventor, Dies at 83

I have a bose noise cancelling headphone. Cost me an arm and leg. But having bose sound system is cult among bengalis. :P

RIP sir.

Sad to hear . i always wanted a Bose system for my home but ultimately found it too expensive .

RIP to a great man.

I've got one stereo set from Bose, never realized this guy is of Indian origin. quality is not bad for the price.

I've got one stereo set from Bose, never realized this guy is of Indian origin. quality is not bad for the price.

Actually, they are :D

Bose speakers are notorious in the audiophile crowd for being low quality and overpriced (No highs, no lows - Must be Bose). This has been the case for the past decade or so. The sound engineering in some of their products is amazing though.

Their noise cancelling headphones are good, though a little pricey.

bose acoustic is very expensive equiped only with luxury cars...

True.

But you don't have to buy a luxury car for a bose system.

Just buy a system by itself :lol:

And they start off as desktop all in one, for pretty reasonable price.

But you can always go high end depending on your budget.

enjoy

Bose speakers are notorious in the audiophile crowd for being low quality and overpriced (No highs, no lows - Must be Bose). This has been the case for the past decade or so. The sound engineering in some of their products is amazing though.

Actually in the last 10-15 years a lot of other companies have finally caught up to Bose.

We also need to be careful when comparing bose to other companies.

It really depends on price range, and particular system.

Most of these audiophiles seem to be too much into hip hop and dance, mid is very important in rock/metal.

I have a bose noise cancelling headphone. Cost me an arm and leg. But having bose sound system is cult among bengalis. :P

RIP sir.

You spent close to 20K over a pair of headphones?

RIP to your cash, Sir!!!

Actually it was only half that much, guess it was regular model. :-\

Do those endure over a period of time?

I usually purchase Sony or Skullcandy for personal use. I can't afford Bose in the same context.

Do those endure over a period of time?

I usually purchase Sony or Skullcandy for personal use. I can't afford Bose in the same context.

Well I mostly use it on my way to office which takes over a hour, it's pretty sturdy and super comfortable and don't take any special care to it.

1009757_10153008112545173_600587118_n.jpg

I have Bose in my car augmented by polk amp and kicker sub. The combination is unbelievable.

However I do believe Bose home audio is overpriced. I have two sets of home theater surround sound systems ( infinity & yamaha) powered by 2 Harman Kardons in two separate rooms.

Each of them beats the pricey Bose surround system owned by a relative hands down.

Since this isn't a serious rip thread anymore.....

Bose and audiophile should not be used together in the same sentence. It's an expanded tweeter where you pay brand image and service. Similarly priced speakers beat Bose hands down.
True audiophile speakers are probably unknown to most here since they aren't in the audio business and pricerange is somewhat prohibitive (20k-150k $).

Uber high end: Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, Wilson Audio, Bowers & Wilkins, JM Labs.....

Good proffesional quality but cheap compared to above: Genelec, KRK, Yamaha, M-Audio ..... That said, KRK is the best.

Back
Top Bottom