What's new

Alternative energy: Work on 10 biogas plants begins

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
629826-Biogasplants-1384026594-115-640x480.JPG

FAISALABAD: Construction work on biogas plants has begun under the supervision of Pakistan Domestic Biogas Programme (PDBP).

These plants will have the capacity to hold 50 to 100 cubic meter of biogas and will be used to generate electricity.

PDBP sources said that initially construction work on 10 biogas plants has begun with a capacity of 50 to 100 cubic meters and these will assist in running 5 to 10 kilowatt (kw) generators.

Biogas plants are being installed for research purposes to evolve future strategies for the construction of such plants as smaller plants will pave the way for putting in place bigger ones.

Under the PDBP, more than 300 domestic biogas plants are functional in rural areas of 12 districts in central Punjab. More than 150 tube wells that had been previously operating on diesel engine have been switched over to biogas since last year which has provided cheaper sources of water for irrigation purposes.

PDBP has claimed that more than 400 skilled workers are engaged with the biogas plant construction and the sector provides employment to more than 1,200 people.

PDBP is a non-governmental organisation and is part of the Rural Support Programme Network (RSPN) working for the welfare of people at the national level.

It is an organisation that took the initiative for biogas development in 2009 for the purpose of improving living standards of rural population with financial assistance from the Netherlands Embassy. The programme is being assisted by the Netherlands Development Organisation and Winrock International.

Alternative energy: Work on 10 biogas plants begins – The Express Tribune

and how will biogas produced ? It will raise food prices so bad idea

and how will biogas produced ? It will raise food prices so bad idea

Bio-Gas is produced here by burning cakes* made out of Cow/Buffalo/Bull Dung ! For centuries people have been using those cakes to light their ovens by burning them - If it can be institutionalized using a proper mechanism I think it could be a splendid thing to do - It certainly costs next to nothing because I don't think a cow is going to demand money for sh*tting for you ! :)

* Not to be confused with a Black Forest Cake, so try not to take a bite of it ! :bad:

here in Norway its from waste also food
yes, in many countries its from organic waste too, but I presume its from animal excreta in case of pakistan as it is much cheaper to build and operate.

Bio-Gas is produced here by burning cakes* made out of Cow/Buffalo/Bull Dung ! For centuries people have been using those cakes to light their ovens by burning them - If it can be institutionalized using a proper mechanism I think it could be a splendid thing to do - It certainly costs next to nothing because I don't think a cow is going to demand money for sh*tting for you ! :)

* Not to be confused with a Black Forest Cake, so try not to take a bite of it ! :bad:

called a pathi............lol

but no, pathi is used for only burning during cooking.
in biomass plant water has to be mixed with excreta and then put in chamber,,,it mostly produces methane gas

not by burning but by bacteria action.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom