Not open for further replies.

Yusuf Essop

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
السلام عليكم

My name: Yusuf Mahomed Moosa Essop

My mission: To seek Allah's pleasure by serving his creation in the manner he has prescribed.

I would like to invite all Muslims & non-Muslims to contribute to this thread - the theme of which comes from the ayah in the Quran:

Al-Baqra Surah 2: Verse 276

يَمْحَقُ اللّهُ الْرِّبَا وَيُرْبِي الصَّدَقَاتِ وَاللّهُ لاَ يُحِبُّ كُلَّ كَفَّارٍ أَثِيمٍ

Picthall: Allah hath blighted usury and made alms-giving fruitful. Allah loveth not the impious and guilty.

The doctrine of the Muslim being to help his brother whether his doing right or his doing wrong (and we know the Prophet (pbuh) explained that you help him by stopping him from doing wrong). Of course as human beings, we only have so many hours, or so much energy in a given day. With this in mind we have to use the Pareto principle - to focus 80% of our energy on the top 20% of our problems.

I'm sure you'll agree with me that the severity of a sin can only be measured by the concomitant punishment that Allah swt has attached to it, and the same logic would apply to good deeds. Having established the most serious sin being shirk it is clear that the next sin in line would be 'RIBA', as this sin comes with the punishment of 'WAR' from Allah (swt) and his Prophet (pbuh).

I believe that this is an important topic especially when we consider Islamic economics as opposed to any other doctrinal economic theory, e.g., demon-cretonocracy, oops, sorry that's democracy to you, gentle reader.

So please contribute to this thread and don't be afraid to pontificate and to use your real names ....

After all the journeying is to Allah.

Attachments

• A Fundamental Argument.pdf
    724.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Religious discussion isn't allowed, I guess. :whistle:

Religious discussions not allowed.

A man talking of Allah with Gandalf as an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom