What's new

AKASH : HAPPY HOURS: 2,500 missiles, 112 launchers, 28 MPARs & 100 3-D CARs

I don't understand why do these idiotic reporters don't keep the fact in minds that during 80s and 90s we drastically reduced our defense budgets? In 90s, there was almost no active funding to ANY indigenous product. Whatever orders we had given was during mid-90s to Russian companies that were unable to deliver stuff as expected considering the chaos Russia was suffering from.

Serious military funding for indigenous products (all stuff) started only from 2000 when our economy began to show some semblance of growth.

We seriously need people in defense who are capable of reporting with some substance.

The Sa-6 lives on.. truly a wonderful design improved into something deadly.

Both use integrated ramjet-rocket propulsion system. So of course, it is the same missile in an improved form, isn't it?

Both F-105 thunderchief and F-35 use jet engines. So the F-105 lives on in a new name, isn't it?

The F-105 lives on!

Apart from the somewhat similiar missile design and propulsion system, everything is state of the art(why should we reinvent the wheel anyway?). no Semi-active seeker, different propellant, different actuators and command guidance datalinks. The Akash carries an onboard radio-proximity fuse.

Once fully operational in the borders, this system will be the main hardle for enemy air forces.

Both use integrated ramjet-rocket propulsion system. So of course, it is the same missile in an improved form, isn't it?

Both F-105 thunderchief and F-35 use jet engines. So the F-105 lives on in a new name, isn't it?

The F-105 lives on!

You clearly missed the point and decided to take the most easy simpleton minded knee jerk egoistic reaction

^^^

So why don't you educate me? Why don't you tell us what made you say that statement in the first place? Saying the "SA-6 lives on" sounds like you are claiming that this is just an advanced variant of SA-6. Any justification for that?

For me to miss a point, you have to make a point in the first place. What was your point, if any?

You didn't provide any justification for the comparison, I was being generous and pointing out the only similarity I could think of, so that your claim has any validity. If that wasn't the reason for your claim, do enlighten me with the right one.

Simplistic one line accusations will get simplistic one line rebuttals. It's not like you provided a good, long, detailed analysis with reasons and justifications for your claim, and I provided a "simpleton" reaction, is it?

And egoistic? Well, you can cram all sorts of adjectives without justification, like you can make claims without justification.

Though we already know these things but still it's good news.Atlast armed forces are putting their faith on indigenous products.But I think DRDL now should convert the AAD into LRSAM like S 300 PMU2 instead of developing Akash MkII.It will also be more economical because then a single missile and its platform will be used in 3 different roles-ABM,Prahaar NLOS-BSM & counter battery fire and longrange anti aircraft missile.What do you guys think??Doesn't it make more sence??

Buddy you are completelly true that if we convert AAD into a LRSAM it will be economical as then our factories will make these platforms in bulk and then the price of an indivisual platform will decrease significantly (as per the economy of scale) but what I really don't understand is why do you want DRDL to stop the development of Akash mk2??? Its just an improvement of Akash to increase its range and decrease its weight.Even if we acheive all the objectives it will still remain a MRSAM so why stop its development ???

C'mon mate the orders for this missile itself shows how capable it is. Anyway it could be possible that DRDL may have taken a little inspiration from SA6 but they are surely different designs.

^^^

So why don't you educate me? Why don't you tell us what made you say that statement in the first place? Saying the "SA-6 lives on" sounds like you are claiming that this is just an advanced variant of SA-6. Any justification for that?

For me to miss a point, you have to make a point in the first place. What was your point, if any?

You didn't provide any justification for the comparison, I was being generous and pointing out the only similarity I could think of, so that your claim has any validity. If that wasn't the reason for your claim, do enlighten me with the right one.

Simplistic one line accusations will get simplistic one line rebuttals. It's not like you provided a good, long, detailed analysis with reasons and justifications for your claim, and I provided a "simpleton" reaction, is it?

And egoistic? Well, you can cram all sorts of adjectives without justification, like you can make claims without justification.

Not that I enjoy spoon feeding but if you are in the weaning age Ill spoon feed you.
This is from the BR website.. off course you may argue for hours with your own countrymen..
The missile is based heavily on the SA-6 and is claimed that Rajendra is similar to the..

In appearance, Akash is very similar to the ZRK-SD Kub (SA-6), with four long tube ramjet inlet ducts mounted mid-body between wings

So Bharat Rakshak which claims to maintain very authentic data says the missile is infact a descendant of the Sa-6..
Employing similar aerodynamic design principles... as many of your own countrymen will testify.
enlighten me if you disagree with them.

Coming to your reply.. as I said.. if one cannot understand the point.. making an idiotic rebuttal is a simpletons choice.
Lets examine your "reply".. the F-105.. begets the F35.. oh sure genius.. the F-105 somehow morphed into the entirely different F-35.. they are the same..oh.. the intakes.. must be the intakes.. they look similar.. distant cousins perhaps?? .. long live stupidity.

Would you like to taste more of your feet?

C'mon mate the orders for this missile itself shows how capable it is. Anyway it could be possible that DRDL may have taken a little inspiration from SA6 but they are surely different designs.

Similar in appearance... similar design.. ramjet based.
it DOES NO IMPLY that the Akash is an improved Sa-6.. the entire internals can/are different.. but it would be stupid not to acknowledge the part lineage. It is no INSULT to the Akash... but rather a tribute to a design idea that was effective in its heyday.. and now in a VASTLY IMPROVED FORM BY INDIA is going to be extremely effective in the decades to come.

Do you feel insulted that the su-30MKI is born from the su-27.. even though the MKI outperforms its genetic ancestor in every benchmark? I hope not.. those that do however.. are either equipped with tiny ego's.. or just plain stupid.

Not that I enjoy spoon feeding but if you are in the weaning age Ill spoon feed you.
This is from the BR website.. off course you may argue for hours with your own countrymen..

So Bharat Rakshak which claims to maintain very authentic data says the missile is infact a descendant of the Sa-6..
Employing similar aerodynamic design principles... as many of your own countrymen will testify.
enlighten me if you disagree with them.

Coming to your reply.. as I said.. if one cannot understand the point.. making an idiotic rebuttal is a simpletons choice.
Lets examine your "reply".. the F-105.. begets the F35.. oh sure genius.. the F-105 somehow morphed into the entirely different F-35.. they are the same..oh.. the intakes.. must be the intakes.. they look similar.. distant cousins perhaps?? .. long live stupidity.

Would you like to taste more of your feet?

Wow, I admire your new found love for Bharat rakshak. Yes, it does have similar appearance and is based on it. Doesn't make it the same missile.

And you should learn the concept of sarcasm. Of course, the F-105 didn't morph into the F-35, and that was exactly my point, made sarcastically. Since you don't understand the concept of sarcasm, I'll tell you.

Just like the F-105 did not morph into F-35, SA-6 didn't morph into akash. You are the one needing spoonfeeding now, on how to interpret sarcastic replies, if you think that I actually meant that the F-105 begot the F-35 and are accusing me of stupidity for that. Just like when you called me "genious" when you meant the opposite - I was using the same literary device called sarcasm.

Also, I don't want to reply to all the personal insults in your next posts about tiny ego, stupid etc. I prefer to post messages without personal insults and ad hominems. You being a moderator might want to follow that too.

And no I will not deny the lineage. The only reason I responded to your one liner was because I have followed your posts on other threads and know that you don't usually use flaim baits and start troll wars. If it was any lesser member, I would simply have called him a troll and left it at that. I did not respond out of ego, tiny or big. As you can see, your subsequent expanded reply did well to clarify your point, and that is all that I wanted. Even in the reply that you hated, I did not use any personal insults, I simply used sarcastic humour. Which unfortunately was lost on you.

Wow, I admire your new found love for Bharat rakshak. Yes, it does have similar appearance and is based on it. Doesn't make it the same missile.

And you should learn the concept of sarcasm. Of course, the F-105 didn't morph into the F-35, and that was exactly my point, made sarcastically. Since you don't understand the concept of sarcasm, I'll tell you.

Just like the F-105 did not morph into F-35, SA-6 didn't morph into akash. You are the one needing spoonfeeding now, on how to interpret sarcasting replies.

I apologize for misinterpreting really misplaced and mistimed sarcasm then.. after all.. duh.. it was simple to understand..
here are two very similar looking missiles.. and two different looking/working aircraft.. what perfect analogy.

I apologize for misinterpreting really misplaced and mistimed sarcasm then.. after all.. duh.. it was simple to understand..
here are two very similar looking missiles.. and two different looking/working aircraft.. what perfect analogy.

I see, so your comparison was based on looks, and not the propulsion system. Then sorry, I misunderstood you and was crediting you with a deeper analysis than you intended. Then yes, my sarcastic reply was out of place. I thought you made the claim because of the similar propulsion system, whereas you just meant the looks.

It wasn't my fault. As i said earlier, you only made a one line remark, and I tried my best to figure out what was going on in your mind in making that remark. It turns out that what you meant was a much more superficial aspect than what I thought you had in mind. Sorry for overestimating you.

I see, so your comparison was based on looks, and not the propulsion system. Then sorry, I misunderstood you and was crediting you with a deeper analysis than you intended. Then yes, my sarcastic reply was out of place. I thought you made the claim because of the similar propulsion system, whereas you just meant the looks.

It wasn't my fault. As i said earlier, you only made a one line remark, and I tried my best to figure out what was going on in your mind in making that remark. It turns out that what you meant was a much more superficial aspect than what I thought you had in mind. Sorry for overestimating you.

Making a mountain out of a molehill arent we?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom