What's new

Air Marshal Sohail Gull khan appointed Vice Chief Of Air Staff

Fist_of_God

New Recruit

Reaction score
LAHORE: The government on Thursday appointed Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan as Vice Chief of The Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force.

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force in 1979 in GD (P) Branch. He is a fighter pilot and a qualified flying instructor. He is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School, UK Staff College and National Defence University.

His career has encompassed a wide range of operational, training, and command assignments. He holds Master’s Degree in Defence Studies from Kings College UK and a Master’s Degree in Defence and Strategic Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad.

During his career in the PAF, he has commanded a fighter wing, a combat commanders’ school, an operational air base and Regional Air Command. He has handled various important command and staff appointments including as the Director General Air Force Strategic Command, Air Officer Commanding Northern Air Command, Director General Logistic Joint Staff Headquarters, and Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra.

Among his awards, he is also a recipient of Tamga-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military).

( Tribune News Paper)
........................................................................................................................................................

He is the Real Man behind that Pakistan Air Force's Biggest deal of Supplying Super Mushak Trainer Air craft to Iraq...
Excellent decision by Pakistan Air Force !.

10530682_10152375784042663_494107777886223407_n.png

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, HI(M)

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan was born in 1958 and received his early education from Cantt Public School, Peshawar. Subsequently, he joined Pakistan Air Force and graduated in GD (P) Branch with the distinction of Sword of Honour in April 1979. After doing his Fighter and Operational Conversion Courses, he flew all types of Chinese and French fighter aircraft on PAF's inventory. He is an accomplished fighter pilot with rich experience on F-16. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) and has been an instructor at the prestigious Combat Commander's School. He commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Fighter Flying Wing, a Fighter Base and a Regional Air Command.

In staff jobs at Air Headquarters, AM Sohail Gul Khan has served as Deputy Chief Inspector (Operations) at the Inspector General's Branch, Deputy Director Plans (Operations) and Director of Operations. He has also served in China as Leader JF-17 Development Team. In Senior Staff assignments, the Air Officer has the distinction of having served as Director General Air Force Strategic Command, Air Headquarters Islamabad, Inspector General PAF and Director General Logistics at Joint Staff Headquarters Chaklala. Presently, he is performing his duties as Chairman, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra. He has done Master's in Defence Studies from King's College, London and M Sc in Defence and Strategic Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad.

He is married and blessed with three children. In recognition of his meritorious services, he has been decorated with awards of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military). He has also been awarded with Professional Excellence Badge and 02 Chief of the Air Staff Commendation Certificates in his career.

ch_pacb.gif

EDUCATION
  • 2006 Master's degree in Defence and Strategic studies, NDU / Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad
  • 1998 Master's degree in Defence studies, King's College, London
  • 1993 Bachelor’s degree in War Studies, Karachi University
  • 1978 Bachelor’s degree in Science, PAF College, Sargodha
  • 1975 FSc, PAF College, Sargodha
  • 1973 Matriculation, Cantt Public School, Peshawar
ASSIGNMENTS
  • June 2012-Present, Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra
  • October 2010-June 2012, Director General Logistics, Joint Staff Headquarters, Chaklala
  • March 2009-October 2010, Air Officer Commanding Northern Air Command, PAF
  • December 2007-March 2009, Director General Air Force Strategic Command, AHQ Islamabad
  • July 2006-December 2007, Base Commander PAF Base Mushaf Sargodha
  • July 2005-July 2006, On course at NDU
  • June 2003-June 2005, On course at China, Leader JF-17 Development Team
  • July 2002-June 2003, Director (Ops) Air Headquarters Chaklala
  • July 2001-July 2002, Offi

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website

@fatman17 @Windjammer @Hyperion @Aeronaut @Dazzler @Oscar and other seniors

What are your views about this?

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan was born in 1958 and received his early education from Cantt Public School, Peshawar. Subsequently, he joined Pakistan Air Force and graduated in GD (P) Branch with the distinction of Sword of Honour in April 1979. After doing his Fighter and Operational Conversion Courses, he flew all types of Chinese and French fighter aircraft on PAF's inventory. He is an accomplished fighter pilot with rich experience on F-16. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) and has been an instructor at the prestigious Combat Commander's School. He commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Fighter Flying Wing, a Fighter Base and a Regional Air Command.

In staff jobs at Air Headquarters, AM Sohail Gul Khan has served as Deputy Chief Inspector (Operations) at the Inspector General's Branch, Deputy Director Plans (Operations) and Director of Operations. He has also served in China as Leader JF-17 Development Team. In Senior Staff assignments, the Air Officer has the distinction of having served as Director General Air Force Strategic Command, Air Headquarters Islamabad, Inspector General PAF and Director General Logistics at Joint Staff Headquarters Chaklala. Presently, he is performing his duties as Chairman, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra. He has done Master's in Defence Studies from King's College, London and M Sc in Defence and Strategic Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad.

He is married and blessed with three children. In recognition of his meritorious services, he has been decorated with awards of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military). He has also been awarded with Professional Excellence Badge and 02 Chief of the Air Staff Commendation Certificates in his career.

What more can we or rather the PAF ask for.

He is winner Sword of Honor as well ...The insignia on his chest shows it ...unless it does not stand for something else ...and whoever commands the elite Combat Commanders School is always someone to reckon with ...They are known for their aggressive yet disciplined attitude !

He is winner Sword of Honor as well ...The insignia on his chest shows it ...unless it does not stand for something else ...and whoever commands the elite Combat Commanders School is always someone to reckon with ...They are known for their aggressive yet disciplined attitude !

Yes he is Sword of Honour. I think he is the only Serving air marshal right now who is Sword of Honour. One of his biggest achievements is the Super Mushaak deal with Iraq which is the biggest export deal in history of Pak Air force. If we have few more men like him then Pak air force don't need to request funds from central government.

Salute . Great to know.
Thanks for sharing.

Pakistanis like AGGRESSIVE and DISCIPLINED Officers, hence this promotion of Gul Khan is a great one.

Back
Top Bottom