What's new

‘Ainak wala jin’ creator A Hameed passes away

did he write english books to?

Oh look, my grandparents are also from amritsar. neat.

No only urdu. A Hameed used to write a serialised autobiography of his pre partition days in Nawa-e-Waqt's weekend magazine with the title Baarish, Samawar o Khushbo. I wonder if it ever came out in book format?
BTW few people know that pre partition Amritsar and Jalundhar were the cradle of the muslim elite of Punjab. All highly literate, well off, high achieving muslims were either in these two cities (Amritsar dominated by Kashmiris, Jalandhar by Arains) or Lahore. Post partition the ones to suffer the most of any migrant communities were also these two.
So many false claims were entered post partition by west Punjab and Gurdaspur natives k Allah ki Panah.
My grandfather went to enter his land claim after our family got to Pakistan (safely because of members who were a part of RIA then PA) and came to know that an aquaintance from Faisalabad had already done so!
People of these two cities were what we call 'wazadar' ie those who hold their self respect above all other things worldly.
Even now when looking for marriage proposals, people preffer to marry within their ancestral city's community. First question (and the last if the answer is no) on a propsal asked in my extended family and others like ours is ''Jalandhar de nein k Amritsar ya Adampur de?'' ROFL!

No only urdu. A Hameed used to write a serialised autobiography of his pre partition days in Nawa-e-Waqt's weekend magazine with the title Baarish, Samawar o Khushbo. I wonder if it ever came out in book format?
BTW few people know that pre partition Amritsar and Jalundhar were the cradle of the muslim elite of Punjab. All highly literate, well off, high achieving muslims were either in these two cities (Amritsar dominated by Kashmiris, Jalandhar by Arains) or Lahore. Post partition the ones to suffer the most of any migrant communities were also these two.
So many false claims were entered post partition by west Punjab and Gurdaspur natives k Allah ki Panah.
My grandfather went to enter his land claim after our family got to Pakistan (safely because of members who were a part of RIA then PA) and came to know that an aquaintance from Faisalabad had already done so!
People of these two cities were what we call 'wazadar' ie those who hold their self respect above all other things worldly.
Even now when looking for marriage proposals, people preffer to marry within their ancestral city's community. First question (and the last if the answer is no) on a propsal asked in my extended family and others like ours is ''Jalandhar de nein k Amritsar ya Adampur de?'' ROFL!

you refreshed my mind :)

Don't rem much, but i have heard about Ainak wala jin..Writer must be great Indeed..
R.i.P

Back
Top Bottom