What's new

Agni-V to be test fired in September 2011

sudhir007

Reaction score
Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

The first nuclear-tipped inter-continental missile would be able to strike even northernmost China if the need arises

India will acquire an inter-continental strike capability as it intends to test-fire the indigenous inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) Agni-V with a range of 6,000 km in September.

The first nuclear-tipped inter-continental missile would add muscle to India's "dissuasive deterrence" posture against China as it would be able to strike even northernmost China if the need arises.

"The Agni-V is test ready and would be tested in September this year. The test is one of the 10 missile tests scheduled this year," a senior official of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said, requesting anonymity.

The missile arrives in the backdrop of China developing an anti-satellite missile and anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missile Dong Feng-31A with a strike range of 11,200 km. If launched from close to the Line of Actual Control, the Agni-V can hit Habin, the northernmost city of China.

The Agni-V missile has moved from the drawing board; an evaluation of subsystems is currently on. The ICBM is designed by adding a third composite stage to the two-stage, 3,500-km range Agni-III missile. The 17.5-metre-long Agni-V would be a canister launch missile system to ensure it has the requisite operational flexibility to be swiftly transported and fired from anywhere.

The DRDO will also be conducting fifth test for its ballistic missile defence system, designed to destroy missiles both inside (endo) and outside (exo) the earth's atmosphere.

"We have conducted tests for the interceptor missile (the name by which the ballistic missile defence system is known) but this year we will conduct simultaneous test for endo- and exo-atmospheric ballistic defence system," the official added.

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

The first nuclear-tipped inter-continental missile would be able to strike even northernmost China if the need arises

India will acquire an inter-continental strike capability as it intends to test-fire the indigenous inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) Agni-V with a range of 6,000 km in September.

The first nuclear-tipped inter-continental missile would add muscle to India's "dissuasive deterrence" posture against China as it would be able to strike even northernmost China if the need arises.

"The Agni-V is test ready and would be tested in September this year. The test is one of the 10 missile tests scheduled this year," a senior official of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said, requesting anonymity.

The missile arrives in the backdrop of China developing an anti-satellite missile and anti-aircraft carrier ballistic missile Dong Feng-31A with a strike range of 11,200 km. If launched from close to the Line of Actual Control, the Agni-V can hit Habin, the northernmost city of China.

The Agni-V missile has moved from the drawing board; an evaluation of subsystems is currently on. The ICBM is designed by adding a third composite stage to the two-stage, 3,500-km range Agni-III missile. The 17.5-metre-long Agni-V would be a canister launch missile system to ensure it has the requisite operational flexibility to be swiftly transported and fired from anywhere.

The DRDO will also be conducting fifth test for its ballistic missile defence system, designed to destroy missiles both inside (endo) and outside (exo) the earth's atmosphere.

"We have conducted tests for the interceptor missile (the name by which the ballistic missile defence system is known) but this year we will conduct simultaneous test for endo- and exo-atmospheric ballistic defence system," the official added.

what would they be testing apart from Agni 2* Agni V and BMD???

and 17.5m is quite a long so actual range is a secret :D

Last edited:
And you wonder why Chinese don't trust Indians, you need to ask yourself a question, do you really need to mention it time after time this weapon that weapon is so-called specially for China? can you name me which country will stupid enough to provoke others like Indians do? It will accomplish nothing other than showing the world your feeling of insecurity.:pop:
Best of "LUCK" to your upcoming test, you need it badly:D

no one yet shouted about previous failed agni tests??? and advised to use that money for poors in INDIA.
am i still on defence.pk????? or all people here are sleeping at the moment?

And you wonder why Chinese don't trust Indians, you need to ask yourself a question, do you really need to mention it time after time this weapon that weapon is so-called specially for China? can you name me which country will stupid enough to provoke others like Indians do? It will accomplish nothing other than showing the world your feeling of insecurity.:pop:

That the media did, not the country. Unlike China, Indian media don't necessarily voice official statement.

@Brotherhood-^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thank you.Will consult you for further information about Geo-political issues.

We do not want to succeed only on luck. If it fails then its ok, we will keep on tring.

So we don't need your best wish for luck... keep it for yourself.

Don't pretend to be innocent dude.
Every body knows we have a dispute with china and chinese policy toward india is hostile in nature.
What a big issue if some media men mention the china???
Haven't you read articles by Sir Hongwu???

The test success of Agni5 is very important.

It clearly gives us deterent capability against China.

Tell me one country apart from China from which we have dispute that we need to use nuke missiles over such a long range ??

USA - No, Europe - No, Russia - No, Australia - No, Latin America - No.

Now whats is wrong in that media saying its a China centric missile. ?

dont give attentions to troll ...
better talk about the influence of this missile once inducted.. I blv it has more range with full payload than what announced is. It will be MIRVed :D

Last edited:

Brotherhood, India targeting China is just a smoke screen for its real ambitions.
Hence the range on the ANgi 5 is much more greater.

dont give attentions to troll ...

Now see how you like it !

We want it and we'll get it. :D

Agni V????????????:undecided:

But when did India test his Agni-IV missile???:undecided:

I guess last time I heard test of any Agni missile was that of Agni-2 and result of the test was normal (in case of India) cuz test failed :lol::lol::lol:

I really wish you guys good luck with Agni-5 :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom