What's new

Agni-V missile to be tested this Wednesday

Best of luck, but I count the chickens when they hatch.

The play load is made of Solid steel and Cone will be recovered by the Ship stationed near the impact point.

First time a missile is being tested, that too at night... if they are going to recover things.. it ll be much easier at day..
some thing is fishy... why test is done at night ? that too in first time ?

Another 10 mins to go ..if it is successful i wont be having any complaints against drdo for next 3 years..

First time a missile is being tested, that too at night... if they are going to recover things.. it ll be much easier at day..

It could be a test of Surya project :cheesy:, What about this blue whale?

Why not? DRDO is confident of a successful night lauch...Imagine the sight of the missile blasting into outer space !!

How are you guys knowing the countdown time??How much is left??

My stomache is feeling weird due to excitement,kind of an ache..any one feeling the same?:D

Agni-V: Countdown begins, test fire likely at 8.30 pm from Odisha coast
By Our correspondent
Place: Balasore
Date: 18-Apr-2012

Balasore(Odisha): The countdown begins for the test fire of India’s indigenously developed nuclear capable Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni-5.

The test fire like to take place at 8.30 pm from a test range off the coast of Odisha, sources said. Earlier it was scheduled at 7.30 pm . but due to bad weather the test has been rescheduled at 8.30 pm.

If the test passes off successfully, the missile will have a strike range of over 5,000 kilometers. The test fire of the missile will be conducted from the launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Wheeler island off the coast of Odisha.

The surface-to-surface missile Agni-V that can carry a pay-load of 1 tonne is 17 m long, 2 m wide and weighs 50 tonnes.

Only the US, Russia, France and China possess the capability to operate an ICBM.

DRDO plans to conduct more such tests of the missile over the next one year after studying and analyzing the parameters achieved in each subsequent trial.

In November last year, DRDO had successfully test fired the 3,500 km range Agni-4 missile giving muscle to India's deterrent capability against the military adversaries.

DRDO has also placed necessary equipments to collect data on the trajectory and flight of the missile and other necessary data which will be studied further for its future development.

India presently possesses the Agni-I, which has a range of 700 km, the Agni-2 (2,000 km), Agni-III and IV (3,000 plus km).

Agni-V: Countdown begins, test fire likely at 8.30 pm from Odisha coast

People who are glued to the TV sets Please please report the lift off the moment you see it. I don't have fu@king TV here :(

8:30pm is cool....so we will have the missile results by 9 or 9:30pm.

I will be home by then :yahoo:

If this missile test is successful the nation will toast Agni " putri " Tessy Thomas, our missile lady.

People who are glued to the TV sets Please please report the lift off the moment you see it. I don't have fu@king TV here :(

go to ndtv.com, ibnlive.com. The news stream is freely available..

Back
Top Bottom