What's new

Agenda of Pakistani English language print media

Is all English language print media in Pakistan a sell out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was reading the news today and I noticed the language used about the atrocities in Kashmir was just as poor as the language used in Western media about Palestine. Western media is full of Israeli sympathisers who cover up Israeli attrocities and our English language print media tries to make out Indian criminality as measured. I think they're all sold out one way or the other.

Dawn is completely secular and pro western. Express tribune too. Daily Times has always been anti Pakistan. Jang group are outright traitors.

Does anyone know any Pakistani English language newspaper that are pro Pakistan?

In comparison the TV channels have more of a mix. They do have.thier own biases but thier content includes a lot more pro Pakistan news, they're not anti Islam and there is a much bigger interests in the issues affecting the awam.

What is "pro Pakistan" ? Would printing propoganda make a paper "pro Pakistan" ? You need to understand that the whole point of printing news is so you can spread AUTHENTIC INFORMATION, and believe it or not authenticity may or may not validate state narrative. Ofcourse I'm not saying news papers don't have their own bias or influencers but I'd like to ask what exactly did he come to the conclusion that English media isn't pro Pakistan ?

pakistan media can be bought an d sold i am sure soros is happy.

What is "pro Pakistan" ? Would printing propoganda make a paper "pro Pakistan" ? You need to understand that the whole point of printing news is so you can spread AUTHENTIC INFORMATION, and believe it or not authenticity may or may not validate state narrative. Ofcourse I'm not saying news papers don't have their own bias or influencers but I'd like to ask what exactly did he come to the conclusion that English media isn't pro Pakistan ?
One also needs to understand that there is an element (I say nowadays the whole point is) of peddling propaganda (be it pro Pakistan or anti-Pakistan). It is about manipulating people's minds..not imparting authentic information (maybe once upon a time this was the case)...media has become a tool for ulterior motives...the question is... who controls that tool...?

I was reading the news today and I noticed the language used about the atrocities in Kashmir was just as poor as the language used in Western media about Palestine. Western media is full of Israeli sympathisers who cover up Israeli attrocities and our English language print media tries to make out Indian criminality as measured. I think they're all sold out one way or the other.

Dawn is completely secular and pro western. Express tribune too. Daily Times has always been anti Pakistan. Jang group are outright traitors.

Does anyone know any Pakistani English language newspaper that are pro Pakistan?

English-language newspapers cater to the elites of the country, especially the urban elite. Read an Urdu paper along side an English language one and see the difference in tone and bias. It's a world apart. But if you want to read a 'pro-Pakistan' paper I would suggest Pakistan Observer. They are very pro-PMLN but still nationalistic.

Not Only Are These Newspapers Traitors To The Nation But There Corresponding News Channels Are Equally Pathetic
Except For Haroon Rasheed Orya Maqbool Jaan And Dr Shahid Masood.

And I Will Make An Exception For ARY I Will Not Call Them Neutral B'Coz In This World No One Is But I Will Definitely Say That At Least They Speak For Pakistan And It's Gurdians.That's All That Matters To Me.

Information Exchange is the oldest propaganda tool known to man.

One also needs to understand that there is an element (I say nowadays the whole point is) of peddling propaganda (be it pro Pakistan or anti-Pakistan). It is about manipulating people's minds..not imparting authentic information (maybe once upon a time this was the case)...media has become a tool for ulterior motives...the question is... who controls that tool...?

This Is What Happened During Musharraf's Rule So Much Hatred Was Created Against Him But Now That We Look At It He Was Not That Bad.

Also The Media Of The 60s Created Such A Hatred For The 22 Industrial Families Who Were Pioneers Of Industry in Pakistan.The Press Of That Time Quoted A State Bank Report That 22 Families Control 60% of Industry And Misrepresented It As If They Control 60% Of The Economy.The Part Of That State Bank Report They Left Out Was That Industry Only Constituted 10% of The GDP At That Time

Not Only Are These Newspapers Traitors To The Nation But There Corresponding News Channels Are Equally Pathetic
Except For Haroon Rasheed Orya Maqbool Jaan And Dr Shahid Masood.

And I Will Make An Exception For ARY I Will Not Call Them Neutral B'Coz In This World No One Is But I Will Definitely Say That At Least They Speak For Pakistan And It's Gurdians.That's All That Matters To Me.

Orya Maqbool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pakistani media is a commodity. And I have been increasingly disappointed with Dawn. Express Tribune is a licensee of New York Times and you know what a crap paper NY Times is. A Zionist sympathizer.

Some good points made, InshaAllah I'll engage more tomorrow. @TheLahoriGuy made a great point, what is Pro Pakistan? Is PTV Pro Pakistan? The scope of our personal biases make this an almost impossible question to answer 100%.

Another thing to consider is the effect of the filter bubble.

Some good points made, InshaAllah I'll engage more tomorrow. @TheLahoriGuy made a great point, what is Pro Pakistan? Is PTV Pro Pakistan? The scope of our personal biases make this an almost impossible question to answer 100%.

Another thing to consider is the effect of the filter bubble.

Pro Pakistan Is Putting Forward Pakistan's Narrative To The World,Not Becoming A Mouthpiece For Other Country's
Agendas and Not Trying To Sow Discord Between The People and Armed Forces Of The Country

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom