What's new

African Union drops plans to buy COVID vaccines from India's SSI, pivots to J&J

denel

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
As I had been saying before; African Union is revising its stand; it will be sourced directly from within our continent and not rely on any politics related vaccine. Port Elizabeth factory of Aspen is already prepping up to supply over 300m doses for AU this year and double it up as required. We cannot depend on any outside parties - chinese/indian.

its seems vaccine became another political tool in hands of modern monkeys AKA humans

if it works for you, good. Though I hear J&J is opening discussions to manufacture in India too.

its seems vaccine became another political tool in hands of modern monkeys AKA humans
Correct. That is why there was no choice but to have internal policy for the continent. The blackmailing has started and use it as a proxy to curry favour is not platable anymore. We are not their testing grounds.

We are grateful we have a massive Pharma group Aspen/Lennon since 1890's. They are the ones who took head on these giants on HIV/AIDS before. They took up the challenge for end to end work.

Correct. That is why there was no choice but to have internal policy for the continent. The blackmailing has started and use it as a proxy to curry favour is not platable anymore. We are not their testing grounds.

We are grateful we have a massive Pharma group Aspen/Lennon since 1890's. They are the ones who took head on these giants on HIV/AIDS before. They took up the challenge for end to end work.

Actually it was Indian company Cipla that took the American Pharmas on AIDS and gave retrovirals at USD 1/ per day to Africa.

As I had been saying before; African Union is revising its stand; it will be sourced directly from within our continent and not rely on any politics related vaccine. Port Elizabeth factory of Aspen is already prepping up to supply over 300m doses for AU this year and double it up as required. We cannot depend on any outside parties - chinese/indian.

its not about the Product being 'Made in India' it's more about the side effects of the Vaccine itself ....

Countries are banning use of Astra Zeneca citing reasons, Brits themselves have halted the use of AZ so can't blame others

if it works for you, good. Though I hear J&J is opening discussions to manufacture in India too.
Yes, AstraZeneca failed miserable against the SA variant; that took down 8 of my family members; one nephew is in critical care right now in Jburg. J&J is able to stand up to it.

The next stage is the continued work on the vaccine post multi-variant emergence.

its not about the Product being 'Made in India' it's more about the side effects of the Vaccine itself ....

Countries are banning use of Astra Zeneca citing reasons, Brits themselves have halted the use of AZ so can't blame others

Yes, the clotting issue
Yes, AstraZeneca failed miserable against the SA variant; that took down 8 of my family members; one nephew is in critical care right now in Jburg. J&J is able to stand up to it.

The next stage is the continued work on the vaccine post multi-variant emergence.

My condolences bro. Hope he recovers.

Correct... It is not about India.
The issue is here. it was totally ineffective against SA variant which spread right up to Tanzania; it took down Magufuli as well. That was the reason it was stopped. That is also the reason why AU is listening to actual scientific facts that relate to the issues that face us domestically.

apart from that it has severe side effects sending people with certain blood group to hospital for atleast a week....so if COVID doesn't send you to hospital, taking AZ will...

It is now increasingly clear that Sputnik isn't that bad a deal at all.

It is now increasingly clear that Sputnik isn't that bad a deal at all.
Haven't had the experience with Sputnik on this side of the world, been dealing with Pfizer, AZ, Sinopharm & another one mostly

Haven't had the experience with Sputnik on this side of the world, been dealing with Pfizer, AZ, Sinopharm & another one mostly

I know. They're the 'stars' but the vibe is that Sputnik seems to be extremely effective with probably fewer issues. Not everyone can afford the Pfizer shot. So Sputnik is in a sweetspot.

I know. They're the 'stars' but the vibe is that Sputnik seems to be extremely effective with probably fewer issues. Not everyone can afford the Pfizer shot. So Sputnik is in a sweetspot.
I had the AZ during the trials as a volunteer but it is totally useless.

Waiting for localised J&J which is already in full swing.

Back
Top Bottom