What's new

Afghan War: News & Update Mega Thread

I'd rather have bad US image about a war which costs thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars gone to waste, US made the right decision and world can and must suck it up to it. American forces should only die for their homeland and country, not in fights of others, civil wars or opium wars , or regional conflicts.
This is what China suggests US do for decades, US just doesn't listen and insists on learning the lesson the hard way.

Last edited:
Salaam

I doubt mullah omar meant the Taliban would be conquering Washington at the end of the war.

The Americans were unable to end the Taliban and in fact after two decades and an unbelievably large amount of resources the Taliban are back stronger than ever. The Americans haven't even fully left yet.

So despite the massive difference in resources, the Americans were unable to decisively defeat the Taliban and finish them.

The Mission wasn't accomplished.

Ironically, American intervention allowed the Talibs to take the north in the end and in a sense end the stalemated civil war of 2001. Territory they had never controlled before. They allowed the Talibs to build good relations with all its neighbors and allowed them to take out its rivals so a threat of another resistance to their rule is not as likely.

Talibs would probably use a Nigerian saying to the Americans; “clap for yourself”

Salaam

I doubt mullah omar meant the Taliban would be conquering Washington at the end of the war.

The Americans were unable to end the Taliban and in fact after two decades and an unbelievably large amount of resources the Taliban are back stronger than ever. The Americans haven't even fully left yet.

So despite the massive difference in resources, the Americans were unable to decisively defeat the Taliban and finish them.

When was it the American mission to kill off Taliban? It could easily do so.

America gave 20 years and a trillion for Afghans to grow up and achieve a sense of democracy and rule of law. It's the Afghans that failed not America IMO.

When was it the American mission to kill off Taliban? It could easily do so.

America gave 20 years and a trillion for Afghans to grow up and achieve a sense of democracy and rule of law. It's the Afghans that failed not America IMO.

I mean, if I invest $200 in propping up a project and it falters, the failure is both mine and the venture's. It's quite simple

Last edited:
I'd rather have bad US image about a war which costs thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars gone to waste, US made the right decision and world can and must suck it up to it. American forces should only die for their homeland and country, not in fights of others, civil wars or opium wars , or regional conflicts.

This dumb nation-building notion should be left to the UN. As soon as Al-Quaeda became a non-issue we should have left. The Taliban wasn't even on the list.

I mean, if I invest $200 in propping up a project and it falters, the failure is both mine and the ventures. It's quite simple

America just provided money. It has no bone in the game. Dollar is cheap for America, they just need to print it. It's unfortunate that Afghans lost to terrorists.

America just provided money. It has no bone in the game. Dollar is cheap for America, they just need to print it. It's unfortunate that Afghans lost to terrorists.

Are you serious? The US lost over 3000 men, spent 2 decades in the country alongside allies and you're seriously saying it has no bone in the game. Does India not have a stake in Kashmir by that logic either?

Salaam

The mission was eliminating Osama and Al-Quaeda. I don't remember eliminating the Taliban as a requirement.

Are you serious? The US lost over 3000 men, spent 2 decades in the country alongside allies and you're seriously saying it has no bone in the game. Does India not have a stake in Kashmir by that logic either?
I meant occupying Afghanistan was never the mission of US. It went there to eliminate a threat. It did so. Taliban or not, Afghanistan is no threat to US anymore. Yet still they spent money to provide freedom to Afghans. It is for Afghans to safeguard that freedom. However they lost. I don't see how this is loss for America. It's not like Americans lost their freedom.

Your analogy of somebody has invested $200 and the business failed is not correct in this situation. America just invested in something that is available, it was not a informed business choice.
LOL... Like India will claim 98% success for lunar soft landing mission when your tortoise rover flipped and KIA on Moon.
Don't know why Chinese are jumping up and down. Do you not care for normal Afghans having to suffer under Taliban?

I meant occupying Afghanistan was never the mission of US. It went there to eliminate a threat. It did so. Taliban or not, Afghanistan is no threat to US anymore. Yet still they spent money to provide freedom to Afghans. It is for Afghans to safeguard that freedom. However they lost. I don't see how this is loss for America. It's not like Americans lost their freedom.

Your analogy of somebody has invested $200 and the business failed is not correct in this situation. America just invested in something that is available, it was not a informed business choice.

The US is an imperial power. There was no benevolence in their ventures in Afghanistan, Iraq or elsewhere. It was strictly a business move, made after 9/11. The hunt for OBL could've ended in a year yet they dragged their heels and got sucked into the vortex.

How was investing in the ANA not an informed business choice? They raised the army and trained them. It's their offspring.

Back
Top Bottom