What's new

Afghan War: News & Update Mega Thread

I'd say that China is the real winner in Afghanistan. They stand a lot to gain in economic terms with little to no risk of security blowback. Kudos to the victors :-)

@Wood these days Pajeets burn better than wood. Just sayin.. :D

Before all of this, Saddam Hussein was looking for Western arms, but none was willing to sell, so he went after the Soviets and Chinese. You do not sell sophisticated weaponry without providing training, and I do not mean just how to read and execute the user's manual.d on one hand minus the thumb. We did not sell the F-14 to Iran When I was active duty and on the F-111, the list of air forces that can fly a variable sweep wing aircraft can be counte and left the Iranians on their own. At the time, the F-14 was a complex weapon system that required two human beings to operate.

Further, you train your customers based upon YOUR knowledge and experience of the system. You can scale down, but not scale up, meaning we did not train the Iranians on carrier operations for the F-14 because the Iranian Navy did not have an aircraft carrier, so if somehow Iran can make the F-14 and sell to someone else, the Iranians cannot train the customer on how to use the F-14 from ships, even though the Iranian version of the F-14 might be fully capable of withstanding carrier operations stresses. What this mean is that %99.999 of the time, you already know your customer's technical sophistication and will offer wares that you believe the client can understand and execute AT YOUR LEVEL of experience.

So for these PDF yahoos to insinuate that China did not train the Iraqi Army is absurd. But of course, none of them ever served a day in their countries' armed forces so they cannot talk with any understanding in the first place.
Train to use a equipment that you sell is one thing and train soldiers for years on how to fight like an organized army like Americans did in Iraq, South Vietnam and in Afganisthan is another thing.Sorry but your excuses are pathetic. Why you don't say the truth? The Americans are a wheelchair, they do all the job.

True! :)

Wait. Actually I have to take it back a bit. It is not entirely true. Everyone is shaped by someone else one time or another. For example, parents certainly shape us during childhood and that often lasts much longer than that. Our friends certainly shape us. Even our enemies shape us. We are probably doomed when we consciously (or are forced to) allow to be shaped by someone who doesn't know us or has the best interests in us. That often includes America. :)

I guess lol

should’ve just listen to Rambo:D:rofl:
5B9F3B32-B6CE-480B-A6C6-387850407B0E.jpeg

Train to use a equipment that you sell is one thing and train soldiers for years on how to fight like an organized army like Americans did in Iraq, South Vietnam and in Afganisthan is another thing.Sorry but your excuses are pathetic. Why you don't say the truth? The Americans are a wheelchair, they do all the job.
I made no 'excuses' but only to point out the flaws of the PDF Chinese who said that China sold but did not train the Iraqi Army. You have a reading comprehension problem.

I made no 'excuses' but only to point out the flaws of the PDF Chinese who said that China sold but did not train the Iraqi Army. You have a reading comprehension problem.

They are trained on operations, not necessarily on tactics and doctrine.

I have to say though, you were right about this being nothing like the Fall of Saigon.

At least back the Americans helped Vietnam refugees come to the US while now Americans put canine dogs above their human dogs.

They are trained on operations, not necessarily on tactics and doctrine.
Do you expect me to take that seriously? From someone who have no military experience and probably was too young when Desert Storm happened.

Clients shopping for sophisticated weaponry are not as stupid as you think. When they buy, the sellers will always provide 'consultants' or 'contractors' to see how the new weapons would fit with the client, and that includes analyzing intended usage, which includes tactics and doctrines. Give it a rest. Your China armed and trained the Iraqi Army.

There is not even a comparison, training individual pilots to fligth a recently bought fighter jet is very different from training an air force on the tactics of air combat. Training someone on how to operate, maintain and repair a tanks is very different than the training of a tank division in the tactics of tank warfare. and so on.
The training on how to operate and maintain the equipment that Iraqis bought from the Soviets in the 70s and 80s is very different from the tactical and warfare training of the new Iraqi army recieved after the fall of Saddam from the Americans.

So now the Afghan Taliban is back. :P

What will the world say now :P

People who were demonized like the Nazis of Germany were. ;)
In 2001, the entire world sympathized with USA. Now what?
Ghani was in Oman per some people on Twitter. In the way to the US. Might be going back to California or Long Island, NY. His countrymen will probably be looking for him to give him a piece of their minds.
I thought Ashraf Ghani fled to Tajikistan?

Do you expect me to take that seriously? From someone who have no military experience and probably was too young when Desert Storm happened.

Clients shopping for sophisticated weaponry are not as stupid as you think. When they buy, the sellers will always provide 'consultants' or 'contractors' to see how the new weapons would fit with the client, and that includes analyzing intended usage, which includes tactics and doctrines. Give it a rest. Your China armed and trained the Iraqi Army.
1-Most of the weapons were from the Soviet Union not China.
2- Consultation and analysis is not the training an entire army from the ground for a fight, the Soviets didn't train the Iraqi Army from zero, they sold them the military equipment, show them how to use it and maintain it. But The Soviets didn't teach the Saddam Army on how to fight the Iranians.

Back
Top Bottom