What's new

Accord for 500kV Dasu-Islamabad transmission line

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) and the Korea Electric Power Company (Kepco) on Friday signed a consultancy contract for designing, engineering and construction/ supervision of 500kV Dasu-Islamabad transmission line.

NTDCL Chief Engineer Mahmood Ahmad and Kepco Vice President Jae-Han Go signed the contract on behalf of their respective organisations, said a press release.

Wapda has identified 26 potential hydropower project sites in northern areas. Dasu Hydropower Project is one of the identified sites on run-of-river Indus with a total capacity of 4,320MW. The project is to be developed in two stages each of 2,160MW. As per schedule, the first stage of the project will be completed by June 2019.

The responsibility of NTDCL is to construct 500kV transmission line from Dasu Hydropower Project to Islamabad via Mansehra for evacuation of 2,160MW at first stage.

Transmission Line Dasu is World Bank-funded project with financing agreement to the tune of $350 million, including 10m for project management and supervision.

Accord for 500kV Dasu-Islamabad transmission line - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

A positive news. This means that the dam will be constructed and electricity will be produced. Since this is a hilly area with frequent landslides I hope the transmission towers will be constructed on solid ground.

6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, finally Khwaja Asif appeals to the people to pray for rain. Sums up the ordeal.

6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, finally Khwaja Asif appeals to the people to pray for rain. Sums up the ordeal.

And what Did Raja Rental did? a ship came which didn't produce single MW... How many projects did Bilo Rani's party started.... NONE

Qalandari Sb please enlighten us with a few projects that the sindh government has completed in its tenure...
Please also try to highlight a few tasks which were conceived and completed in interior sindh by the PPPP in the last decade that it has been in power.
we will be anxiously waiting for a reply gee.

And what Did Raja Rental did? a ship came which didn't produce single MW... How many projects did Bilo Rani's party started.... NONE

so thats how we justify the PML N position...as PPPP did nothing so PML N should do nothing as well and its ok.??

apart form the seriously delayed tarbela project whose financing (100% FROM WB) and preliminary work was done by PPPP, PML N has done nothing in past 2 years, not a single worth mentioning power project initiated(i dont consider a closed 42rs/unit nandipur project) , bhash dam and dasu are both just on files for over two years despite all preliminary work been done.

on the other hand statistics are clearly against them, power efficiency and power theft has increased in PML N era as per ministry data. so whether we like it or not fact is that PML N performance at least in power sector statistically and factually has been worse than PPPP

PS i am simply saying that PML N did worse than PPPP. it doesnt mean PPPP did anything good

PPP did a lot. Your knowledge base is too weak.
PPP is rulling Sindh? how about going something about Thar and Karachi apart from other f..k ups? ya abhi bhi "corruption tumhara haq hai" ?

Still milking the name of Bhuttos... kuch tou sharam karo yaar...

Who r u ?

A Pakistani who else...? who r you? Every Pakistani have rights to ask what government did and i asked you what they did in 5 years just reply me of their marvelous work... On Infrastructure education, in Power Generation. how many power plant they build in 5 years, what they did in 5 years how many projects were completed at that time? how much investment came in Pakistan in 5 years? Even Stock Exchange was facing bad time in Bilo Rani's time... Forex Reserves were 6 billion Dollars at that time Pakistan was about to Default...

A Pakistani who else...? who r you? Every Pakistani have rights to ask what government did and i asked you what they did in 5 years just reply me of their marvelous work... On Infrastructure education, in Power Generation. how many power plant they build in 5 years, what they did in 5 years how many projects were completed at that time? how much investment came in Pakistan in 5 years? Even Stock Exchange was facing bad time in Bilo Rani's time... Forex Reserves were 6 billion Dollars at that time Pakistan was about to Default...

What r u talking about ?

How are you talking ?

1237950_590475550995280_277350178_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom