What's new

AC Sialkot controversy: Dr Firdous Awan says public representatives are answerable to the masses

Suppose a phd in a scientific discipline ,not some bachelor this and that , from a renowned European university landsback to serve his motherland in some gov't dept. but is thoroughly made to realize that he wasted his youth researching ghaas / sabzia and how hes condemned to put up with the bullying and "novel ideas" of a m.a pass babu for the rest of his life ------ very lil space to manuvre in this case .

now is he gonna add to the middle class numbers or make an honorable exit with his skillset and family whenevr he gets a chance ?
Always the exit

I am disturbed to see the bashing of AC Sahiba, firstly by FAA (Find Another Answer Firdous Ashiq Awan) and then by the rest of people who are unaware of many ground realities and only see the Civil Servant responsible.

So I undertook some preliminary research to bring facts to the front.

There is a committee by the name of Market Committee Sialkot, who looks after these markets, manages the affairs and monitors them.

Now let me introduce you to two of the prominent committee members:

32313572_1354974547938120_8753738605945421824_n.jpg

Chairman Market Committee Sialkot Barrister Malik Jamshed Ghiyas
who is a PTI worker PP-45
and was a PTI ticket holder for PP-124 SIALKOT-IV Elections 2013

image_2021-05-04_022011.png

Secretary Market Committee Sialkot Mr. Muhammad Abdullah

Chairman Sahab is busy in Iftars, polishing his politics and attending social gatherings but not a single visit to any of the markets:

Secretary Market Committee Sialkot Mr. Muhammad Abdullah plays an important role. He accompanies all the civil servants and shows them around markets and updates them accordingly on prices, quality and supply.

145896987_266373174989346_7804074851894978146_n.jpg

Secretary Committe with AC Sonia Sadaf

145514942_266373228322674_3568635686586702179_n.jpg

145024123_266373238322673_1276046266188695899_n (1).jpg

Secretary Committee with Mr. Meer Muhammad Nawaz, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) Sialkot
137056358_252812136345450_3120081146890571660_n.jpg

131944670_237253611234636_986231387891815259_n.jpg

132367316_237254584567872_8904277391725020609_n.jpg

132003073_237253617901302_8690500639057038589_n.jpg

But why did Firdous Ashiq Awan only censured AC Miss Sonia Sadaf and not the Chairman Market Committee Barrister Malik Jamshed Ghiyas?
Because both are from PTI and both appear to have a very good rapport.

160567646_3290285617740327_7455532679637781482_n.jpg

160955350_3290285777740311_724748571672970995_n.jpg

160570463_3290294941072728_7219470312559751471_n.jpg

161119385_3290298321072390_3785763428190975566_n.jpg

160953054_3290298227739066_8057652644013492508_n.jpg

There are some restrictions or limitations to share links, otherwise I have thoroughly checked their visits and can share them here. But the thread won`t show more than 6 links.

My point is, I don`t see any mistake of the civil servants. They have visited these bazars on surprise visits, early mornings and at nights. Have really been doing their jobs. While you can see the Chairman Sahab.

And yes, I think the Secretary seems to have some type of under the table deals with the vendors.

132801528_239835970976400_6333501213273887956_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy, it seems that PMLN's propaganda wing is in full swing.
If there is a Chairman of the markets, does it means that AC shouldn't perform her duties for which she is paid!!
Secondly, it is Public Servants job to implement the pricing and quality controls, not chairman of market traders.

In some pictures it can be clearly seen that the vegetables are sold while scattered on the ground.
Very dirty ground must be added. She should be sacked on that ground alone for endangering the lives of the consumers.

Oh boy, it seems that PMLN's propaganda wing is in full swing.
If there is a Chairman of the markets, does it means that AC shouldn't perform her duties for which she is paid!!
Secondly, it is Public Servants job to implement the pricing and quality controls, not chairman of market traders.

In some pictures it can be clearly seen that the vegetables are sold while scattered on the ground.
Very dirty ground must be added. She should be sacked on that ground alone for endangering the lives of the consumers.
Sir I beg to differ.
Your first conclusion about my supposed political affiliation has fogged the performance of AC Sahiba for you.

We don't see anyone else on this forum compelled to provide so many photographs of "AC" supposedly doing her duties.

First of all, her political affiliations cloud her judgement and professional integrity.
Secondly, it is reported that she was more interested in resting in her vehicle , sheltering from heat in Ramadan.
If you buy that kind of excuse, good luck to you.
Do not expect others to fall for it, no matter how many pictures of her you post.
If she was in the west, she would have been sacked to keep the political affiliations , which clouds her judgement and performances.

Awam is jahil and only understands danda.

Jahil is one who would pass judgements on matters he got no idea about .all it takes is to pass a graduate level exam to overnight become an expert on plumbing, surgery , education,policing , engineering , customs , agri , railways , economy etc .btw how do our babu achieve such a "super human" status which the rest of the world is still struggling to get any where near it ?

She is a public office holder, not a mango inspector

A mango inspector with his sheer field experience would still gonna outperform any two cent head clerk of pak admin service coz all they know is to sign a.c.r's and screw up every department where ever they get posted . Beisdes this melodrama about the "sanctity" of a.c office doesn't work in the real life , anywhere outisde pak you are required to bring a skill set not this emotional outburst and buzz words, office of the a.c ,sanctity and other bla bla ,like its some sort of vatican in Pakistan which can't be touched- --------.

The arrogance and contempt these "know it all Aristotles" have for the professionals and general public is mind boggling. I some time wonder why pak has to beg to imf every now and then to maintain the royal status of her bearucracy when any upper divisional clerk could get the job done for around 50-60k working under a professional

Sir I`ll take that as a compliment.
Thank you.

Hi, i can only feel sorry for you- ----- but plz do explain whats this new jargon called a.c sahiba? Isn't it just a.c or d.c?

Last edited:
i think pakistan need fully overhauling
presidential system
local gov system
and some new administration

Fully overhaul would mean complete clean up of the Military and Judiciary as well, along with the well known hooligans like the Politicians and Bureaucracy as well. Improbable if not impossible.

829914_1763635_ashiq_updates.jpg

LAHORE: Reacting to yesterday's episode in which she scolded the Assistant Commissioner Sialkot Sonia Sadaf, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan defended her actions, saying public representatives were answerable to the masses.

The Punjab chief minister's advisor spoke on the incident, saying that the attitude by the assistant commissioner was disappointing. She said Chief Minister Usman Buzdar had asked for a report to be submitted on the matter, adding that he had also expressed displeasure over the public having to stand in long queues to buy sugar.

Speaking about the incident, she said, "If an implementation is not being done on the coronavirus SOPs fixed by the government, then [it should be understood] that we [public office holders] are accountable to the people."

She turned her guns towards some media persons, saying that they had distorted the picture yesterday when the incident took place.

The chief minister's aide said there were a few media persons at the Ramadan bazaar yesterday who "became a party and twisted the narrative" by giving an angle to the episode.

"[They] said I had gotten angry because I was not provided protocol," she said. Taking a dig at Sonia Sadaf, Dr Awan said any person who does not want to "come out of his/her air-conditioned room" should not get involved seek employment in public service professions.

"These people should look towards easier professions and those who want to tread on the difficult path, should have it in them to bear the burdens that come with it," she said.

Dr Awan said the women she was fighting for in the Ramadan bazaar neither belonged to her constituency nor were they her relatives. "These were common people for whom we bought sugar from stalls and gave it to them so that the government's goodwill is maintained," she said.

The Punjab chief minister's aide said politicians and those who "have to knock on the people's doors to seek their votes" have to assess the situation and take measures accordingly in the interest of the masses.

Summarising yesterday's incident, she said: "Anyone who stands in the way of the Punjab government's initiative and Usman Buzdar's roadmap and Prime Minister Imran Khan's mission, then I want to make it clear that I am the awaam first and then a representative of the awaam," she said.

She said the facts of the incident from yesterday were deliberately distorted and not communicated properly to the chief secretary Punjab government, which had caused a misunderstanding.

Dr Awan said she had visited a total of 14 Ramadan bazaars and even inspected arrangements at utility stores but "the kind of attitude" she witnessed yesterday was unprecedented.

My dear brothers!!! I am in favor of very strict and tough measures to control the unbridled horse of bureaucracy. But I also consider a woman like Firdous Ashiq with immoral language, guilty.

Remember those who defend this controversial Firdous Ashiq Awan sahiba. The history of this woman's political profile has been one of self-interest and refinement. Firdous Ashiq Awan is in fact a perfect "LOTA" , an expert in changing political parties and patrons again and again. You will see that this woman will once again , change the party and join the next government s well. After that, this woman will be seen slandering Imran Khan Sahib and the PTI . . . .

PLESE CRUSH THE CULTURE OF LOTA CRACY AND SAVE PAKISTAN , I BEG

Last edited:
Secretary Market Committee Sialkot Mr. Muhammad Abdullah plays an important role. He accompanies all the civil servants and shows them around markets and updates them accordingly on prices, quality and supply.

View attachment 740016
Secretary Committe with AC Sonia Sadaf

View attachment 740017

View attachment 740018

Secretary Committee with Mr. Meer Muhammad Nawaz, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) Sialkot
View attachment 740019

View attachment 740020

View attachment 740021

View attachment 740022
why pakistanis dont care food safety ? its ok to eat from this floor ? at least have some manners god damn make a clean place to keep vegetables ,

We don't see anyone else on this forum compelled to provide so many photographs of "AC" supposedly doing her duties.

First of all, her political affiliations cloud her judgement and professional integrity.
Secondly, it is reported that she was more interested in resting in her vehicle , sheltering from heat in Ramadan.
If you buy that kind of excuse, good luck to you.
Do not expect others to fall for it, no matter how many pictures of her you post.
If she was in the west, she would have been sacked to keep the political affiliations , which clouds her judgement and performances.
If Firdous Ashiq awan was in US. They would have kicked her out of the party for such behavior in public. This act would be the end of her political career. Sitting in your govt provided veh in hot weather especially while you are fasting is totally reasonable and acceptable as long as she is there and doing her job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom