What's new

Aamir's PK does roaring business in China, next only to Avengers 2

Styx

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Beijing, May 26 -- Bollywood actor Aamir Khan's movie PK hit screens across 4,600 theatres in China last Friday to a phenomenal opening. The Bollywood hit has popular Chinese actor Wang Baoqiang dubbing for the Indian star in Mandarin.

Wang might not be a known face for Indians, but it might surprise you if you're told that he is often touted as the next Jackie Chan - a star skilled in martial arts, coupled with a sharp sense of humour. He is also good at playing the quick-witted, naive hero.

The 31-year-old actor with around two dozen films to his credit spoke to HT about dubbing for Aamir - his first for another actor - and directing and acting in a joint production that would take him to India later this year.

"I sprained my ankle before the dubbing.So, I had to stretch my leg over the chair during the entire schedule. But I put my heart and soul into it. Sometimes, I could not help but laugh out loud and at times, I was moved to tears by the character," Wang said.

Luckily for Wang and his sprained ankle, the dubbing took just two days. However, he says he took a liking for the 'alien' in the movie, called 'My Lord' in Chinese.

"I was deeply moved by the alien character and the way Aamir acted. I could almost touch the dramatic tension from his eyes," Wang said, adding that from the very beginning of the movie, he could relate to the character's helplessness as well as sincerity.

The Chinese actor said he was deeply impressed by Aamir's acting. "I highly appreciate Aamir not only because he could deal with the character of 'human beings' like in 3 idiots but also that he could play the role of an Alien amazingly well. If ever I get a chance to play a role in a sci-f film, I will learn it from him," Wang said.

HT Syndication: Article Search

Special Features: Box Office: PK emerges a winner in China; collects Rs. 21.77 cr - Box Office, Bollywood Hungama

Ofcourse isi financed it ,so it had to be a success.
:rolleyes:

You do realize it speaks as much to your religion as it does about Hinds, right? Or did you not understand the message of blind worship?
Havent watched it. And dont care to and ididnt get the point of ur post.

So @Lucid Thoughts u were implying that islam is abt blind worship? afaik the movie had no mention of islam.

Havent watched it. And dont care to and ididnt get the point of ur post.

So @Lucid Thoughts u were implying that islam is abt blind worship? afaik the movie had no mention of islam.

No I did not claim Islam is about blind worship. I claimed that PK speaks out AGAINST blind worship which is very common amongst South Asians.

No I did not claim Islam is about blind worship. I claimed that PK speaks out AGAINST blind worship which is very common amongst South Asians.
Then ur response wasnt correctly worded. u had said 'it speaks to ur religion', whilst u shud have said it as, it speaks of certain type of followers of the religion, that is the extremist thinkers ( with self designed philosophies).

Anyways, iwas clearly talking abt stupid indian statements that were issued against isi after movie release, alleging that isi has funded the flick.

Then ur response wasnt correctly worded. u had said 'it speaks to ur religion', whilst u shud have said it as, it speaks of certain type of followers of the religion, that is the extremist thinkers ( with self designed philosophies).

Sorry too lazy to write out :'(

Anyways, iwas clearly talking abt stupid indian statements that were issued against isi after movie release, alleging that isi has funded the flick.

Yea lots of hinds like RSS were saying it was an ISI plot to demean hinds. Seriously silly people, they are.

Back
Top Bottom