What's new

A word on articles and sources

Folks like you already have more of a say than what you should be allowed.

If Obama was still president or Hillary had won in 2016 I'd be quoting from Soros-friendly sources instead. (Soros visited the Oval Office a number of times while Obama was president.) However, it's the American people who elect American president and the American president who has the greatest influence on policies. If you want to know what influences the president, is it such a bad idea to read the stuff that influences the people around him, and maybe even the president himself?

LOL

Do you know who elected the american president? It was not American people. There is a huge force that elected the American president.

About what influences the American president is not media but something else.

DiUDxInXUAARvTS.jpg

@Solomon2 it is a heard of goats try to be a better Shepherd.

Please note that sometimes the articles I post are judged by Pakistani readers to not be from "reputable sources". And yet, even if true, they may still be articles that influence American policymakers. A recent article I posted, "Mainstreaming radicals: Pakistan army puts terrorist-friendly candidates within grasp of power" was apparently removed for that reason. Yet it was printed in The Washington Times, a D.C. newspaper popular with conservatives and the Trump crowd. If Pakistanis close their eyes to what influences U.S. government opinion about Pakistan, who is to blame when Pakistanis are disappointed with the results?
Well, the fact is all media and most if not all reports have bias. That is fact of life. Even academic papers can have proclivities which is why we have meta-analysis. To be honest as much as US media/reports are off the target the same can be said about media/reports in Pakistan about US. As somebody who has his feet in both camps I am amazed at how skewed or ignorant media reports that I read about Pakistan even in respected newspapers like Washington Post. To be fair it's same with BBC.

But then media in Pakistan also trip when reporting about USA. So this is a two way street and exposes the increasing gulf between Pakistan and USA. I wish it was not like that but that is how it is I am afraid.

And just for the record I rarely if ever agree with you but I support your right to posting your thoughts with some caveats of course.

LOL

Do you know who elected the american president? It was not American people. There is a huge force that elected the American president.

About what influences the American president is not media but something else.

DiUDxInXUAARvTS.jpg

@Solomon2 it is a heard of goats try to be a better Shepherd.

@Solomon2 do you know what is between Putin and Trump in the picture I posted?

This is a football made in Pakistan. Now can you imagine in a meeting where there were no other nations Pakistan even there stands in the middle.

Try to make peace with the counter argument. I know you are alone and there is a lot of critics you have to fight but you are an old poster try to go easy.

Back
Top Bottom