What's new

A Systematic Analysis :: Indian Missile Technology is Far More Advanced than Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well written article, accurate and completely unbiased, I have one correction to make though, Pakistan's Air to Air missile program was made dormant so that funds could be diverted to the Ballistic missile program, that's a mistake that says, that it was cancelled due to unsatisfactory results.
Once again, great article.

Very well written article, accurate and completely unbiased, I have one correction to make though, Pakistan's Air to Air missile program was made dormant so that funds could be diverted to the Ballistic missile program, that's a mistake that says, that it was cancelled due to unsatisfactory results.

Thank You Mate.
Long Live India and Pakistan.

Thank You Mate.
Long Live India and Pakistan.

Are You referiing to ....

Sarab 1 — Pakistani version of Matra Magic Missile, Short Range Missile Project Cancelled due to unsatisfactory results ..

Sarab Missile ?

Shamim Sb, recently confirmed that we do have a BVR A2A missile program with 120KM range, Crescent Arrow is the name and is based on the SA Darter series missile program, which in turn is based on the Israeli Derby series missile.

Pakistan got the missile tech, made modifications in it and made it better and is in service.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/28713-h2-h4-aam-agm-2.html#post409647

This janes's reported in 2001 and about 1-2 years later we started to see news of Pakistan testing BVR missiles, namely the H-2 & H-4

http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Air-Launched-Weapons/New-BVR-missile-Pakistan-Pakistan.html

H-4 is the BVRAAM, operational and in service.

Shamim Sb, recently confirmed that we do have a BVR A2A missile program with 120KM range, Crescent Arrow is the name and is based on the SA Darter series missile program, which in turn is based on the Israeli Derby series missile.

Pakistan got the missile tech, made modifications in it and made it better and is in service.

Like I said, it was made dormant, thanks for the timely entrance Taimi..........Dera Manana !!!!!!!

Like I said, it was made dormant, thanks for the timely entrance Taimi..........Dera Manana !!!!!!!

Bhai, did you read my post carefully ???

The one cancelled was a WVR A2A missile, based on the Matra Magic missile.

What i am talking about is a BVRAAM with a 120KM range, based on the South African R-Darter series missile, which we got as ToT from South Africa with technologies of some other PGMs also.

The one i am talking about is active program and operational, what you had said was closed.

Both are different programs with different specifications.

This janes's reported in 2001 and about 1-2 years later we started to see news of Pakistan testing BVR missiles, namely the H-2 & H-4

New BVR missile (Pakistan) (Pakistan) - Jane's Air-Launched Weapons

H-4 is the BVRAAM, operational and in service.

GUESS HE IS RIGHT:tup::tup:

Pak Air Force inducts BVR missiles
PTI, Dec 18, 2003, 04.45pm IST
Article

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force has inducted H-4 Beyond Visual Range missile which could strike a target from a distance of 120 km without visually citing it, evading enemy radars.

"It is a step towards adding the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles to our arsenal for defensive purposes and to address the strategic imbalance in the region," Pakistan daily Dawn quoted PAF officials as saying.

The officials claimed that the missile was developed by the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), which works in close collaboration with Pakistan Missile Organisation and the Air Weapons Complex.

"Three successful tests of H-4, with the latest conducted this year, produced satisfactory results leading to addition of arsenal in the fighter jets," they said, adding the missiles were modified version of the South African T-Darter BVR missiles. The PAF claims to have H-2 BVR missiles which could hit targets up to 60 km.

Reports of Pakistan seeking the BVR technology appeared in the South African media. In the face of protests from India, the South African government blamed "rogue" elements to collaborate with Pakistan to develop BVRs.

PAF officials said the H-4 missiles which was an infra-red device and comparable to that of the AA11, AA12 and Python 4 missiles of the IAF would be fitted on to the PAF's Mirage aircraft until the induction of new plane JF-17 Thunder, jointly developed by Pakistan and China, in 2006.

They said European and the US suppliers were currently not willing to share the technology with Pakistan but PAF was managing with whatever technology at its disposal.

Last edited:

GUESS HE IS RIGHT:tup::tup:

Pak Air Force inducts BVR missiles
PTI, Dec 18, 2003, 04.45pm IST
Article

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force has inducted H-4 Beyond Visual Range missile which could strike a target from a distance of 120 km without visually citing it, evading enemy radars.

"It is a step towards adding the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missiles to our arsenal for defensive purposes and to address the strategic imbalance in the region," Pakistan daily Dawn quoted PAF officials as saying.

The officials claimed that the missile was developed by the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), which works in close collaboration with Pakistan Missile Organisation and the Air Weapons Complex.

"Three successful tests of H-4, with the latest conducted this year, produced satisfactory results leading to addition of arsenal in the fighter jets," they said, adding the missiles were modified version of the South African T-Darter BVR missiles. The PAF claims to have H-2 BVR missiles which could hit targets up to 60 km.

Reports of Pakistan seeking the BVR technology appeared in the South African media. In the face of protests from India, the South African government blamed "rogue" elements to collaborate with Pakistan to develop BVRs.

PAF officials said the H-4 missiles which was an infra-red device and comparable to that of the AA11, AA12 and Python 4 missiles of the IAF would be fitted on to the PAF's Mirage aircraft until the induction of new plane JF-17 Thunder, jointly developed by Pakistan and China, in 2006.

They said European and the US suppliers were currently not willing to share the technology with Pakistan but PAF was managing with whatever technology at its disposal.

there we go see another advancement towards self reliance soon we ll kick chachoo out of our weapons market...

taimi would u plz clear this..
According to a Pakistani source, the H-4 glide bomb was created by Pakistan's National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM), working in collaboration with the Pakistan Missile Organisation and Air Weapons Complex in Pakistan, by modifying the design of the South African Denel T-darter beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile. A lighter version of the H-4 has also been produced, the H-2 MUPSOW, which has a stated range of 60 km.

Three successful tests were conducted, the last one in 2003, which led to field deployment on the Dassault Mirage III and Mirage V strike fighters of the Pakistan Air Force. It has also been stated that the H-4 will be integrated with the PAF's new multi-role combat aircraft, the JF-17, which will start to replace the aging fleet of Mirage III and Mirage V aircraft from ~2010.

The H-4's stated range of 120 km and its glide bomb design has led to speculation that it may be a copy or a Pakistani variant of the Denel Raptor II glide bomb, which is also guided by an infrared imaging seeker and has a range of 120 km.[3] [4]

There has been much confusion regarding the actual identity of the H-4. Many Indian sources state that the weapon is actually a beyond visual range air-to-air missile. However, Pakistani sources state that the H-4 is a "beyond visual range bomb".

So Its a A2S Glide Bomb or A2A Missile ?

taimi would u plz clear this..

So Its a A2S Bomb or A2A Missile ?

cant specuilate much but i herd h2 is a a2s and h4 is a2a but a more lerned person ll be able to confirm it

In news from india it has been referred as A2A on wiki and other net sources its referred as glide bomb.

In news from india it has been referred as A2A on wiki and other net sources its referred as glide bomb.

When ever I heard or read about H2 and H4. It was always a long rand Glide bomb. I just came to know that it is A2A:what:

When ever I heard or read about H2 and H4. It was always a long rand Glide bomb. I just came to know that it is A2A:what:

Yeah There some confusion about it.
I am waiting for Taimi to Clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom