What's new

A Pakistani Legend dies in anonymity

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
542481_374172149323211_568033770_n.jpg

Pakistan's first lady with a Phd died today. She had was an agricultural economist who taught at many Universities around the world , one of the most notable student of her's is Kofi Annan

Her name is Dr. Bibi Qureshi and she was abandoned by her family and left at Edhi shelter for women in Karachi at the age she needs family the most. She appears to be around 80 years old. Although each woman had a heartbreaking story to tell, that of Dr. Bibi Qureshi was especially compelling because in spite of the fact that she’s more well-educated than many people

A very sad news is here that A 80 year (P.H.D) Doctor who Is also Teacher Of EX. UN Secertery General Kofi Annan, is living in Edhi Centre Karachi after abadoned by her family.

After being educated in Aligarh University, her family left India and traveled to Pakistan due to political unrest. She was an activist for women in Balochistan, going door to door to form an all women’s league (really wish I had a clip of the interview to remember the exact name of the organization she is responsible for founding). I can’t even imagine a time when it was safe for an activist to go door to door in Balochistan, much less a woman. She was a feminist before most of us were even born, long before that became a buzzword. She taught in Government College for Women in Pindi for eight years before traveling to London to pursue a PhD. from London School of Economics.

She Told that I lived a full life, she said, but I ended up here because I mismanaged my money. I gave it to family, to my brother, to my nephews, to charities and to the poor. Now I have nothing and my brother left me here. Yet she is still grateful, she said, for having a clean bed to sleep in, clothes to wear and food to eat.

Today,after the news in a T.V channel, many of her friends and students reached at Edhi Shelter House and met her and spent their time with Dr. BiBi Qureshi.

Karachi: Kofi Annan's Teacher, Economist Dr. BiBi Qureshi Living In Edhi Shelter Home

RIP to this gem of a person and a true intellectual.....

She Told that I lived a full life, she said, but I ended up here because I mismanaged my money. I gave it to family, to my brother, to my nephews, to charities and to the poor. Now I have nothing and my brother left me here. Yet she is still grateful, she said, for having a clean bed to sleep in, clothes to wear and food to eat.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...tani-legend-dies-anonymity.html#ixzz23e5qNsKv

RIP to her.
agricultural economist
all what we need on our country to keep balance between new world and our agriculture based workforce. Did any of current or past government took her service as intellectual ?
Shame to her brother and other relative ....
Media should print their name and make them national shame. She was gr8 asset for Pakistan. Don't curse current government because none of past government cared about her.

this is so sad... really sad story, a phd teacher shouldnt die in edhi centre

why she refused to live in governor house when ishrat ul ibad proposed that offer

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom