What's new

A mosque revered by Hindus : Religious harmony, Kerala Style ! :)

:what: so according to the story Vavarswami was a Muslim who came from Arab land to Kerala and he still has a hindu name Vavarswami????

BTW We Muslims do NOT revere Mosques , these are just places to gather for offering our daily prayers.

Not all Muslims are the same.....Sufis honor their saints by offering prayers at their mausoleums, which I guess is kind of like revering a place of worship.

We dont worship temples either...we worship whats inside it....

The house of god....a place of worship....a place to pray....and a mosque is all the same...

Im not sure how a Mosque is different to Muslims than a temple to Hindus,.

Dude our methodology and approach is very different

I know that. What about the Indian sounding name "Veena" which is actually an instrument Godess Saraswathi plays. I'm curious how a Hindu sounding name is used in Pakistan.

Her real name is not Veena, her name is Zahida. Veena is just her stage name.

Dude our methodology and approach is very different

Fair enough....

All Im saying is that importance of a Mosque to a muslim, and a temple of worship to a Hindu is the same....both will not tolerate its desecration...even with our different approach,

Fair enough....
All Im saying is that importance of a Mosque to a muslim, and a temple of worship to a Hindu is the same....both will not tolerate its desecration...even with our different approach,
Sure i agree with you. We are different that don't mean we should insult each others. We can have respect for each others even if we have different ways of worshipping God :)

in this state(Kerala) where sunnis,mujahids-salafis control majority of mosques, this kind of dargah's(Vavar=Babar) are unique. interestingly, tamil speaking muslims(thulukkar) maintain this mosque iinm.

Look at all those unhygienic peasants, when you walk into a Masjid or enter it's premise, you should be clean and dressed neatly.

These people are dirty, wearing rags and are walking around shirtless. This is considered disrespectful by any standard Masjid , there are procedures people should follow when entering a Masjid. Though I guess Hindustanis may do as they like with their "mosque".

Mate pls dont comment on anything if you are not aware of the facts. Those people you see on that pic are not 'unhygienic peasants'. 'Unhygienic' are those who think like what you said..:hitwall:
Those who visiting Sabarimala during the festival are supposed to observe strict self-discipline while on pilgrimage. The devotees are expected to follow a vratham (41-day penance) prior to the pilgrimage. This begins with wearing of a special Mala (a garland made of Rudraksha or Tulasi beads). In general from then they are to refrain from meat, fish, alcohol, tobacco, sex, using foul words, hair-cuts and shaving. They are expected to bath twice daily and visit the local temples regularly and only wear plain black, blue or saffron coloured traditional clothing and are allowed to enter the shrine only on bare foot .

050.jpg

And this is called 'Irumudi Kettu '. Irumdi kettu had certain tradition in the old days. The trek to temple was through wild forests where no form of assistance was available. The trek also involved some night halts. So the 'irumudi' was divided into a two pouched compartment.
The front compartment contained all the offerings to be made at enroute temples and the temples at the Shabarimala. The rear pouch contained sustenance materials such as rice, 'Chammandi Podi', Pappad, Malar' 'Aval' etc. For overnight halts, one needed a blanket and bedding. This was also carried on the head and was used as a soft cushion on which the irumudi could rest comfortably. The front portion is meant for stocking pooja articles such as coconuts filled with ghee, camphor, unboiled rice, plantain (kadali), aval (flattened rice), pori, sandal paste incense sticks, vibhuti (sacred ash), kumkum (vermilion), turmeric powder, pepper(For Vavar), jaggery, kalkkandom (candied sugar), honey and coins for dakshina.

Sabaribala pilgrimage is a big circus. It is mostly visited by poor and lower middle class people from TN, Andhara and Karnataka. The Kerala government doesn't care to provide proper facilities for the pilgrims as most of them are not from Kerala and it will not an election issue. scores of people die each year in stampede while trying to watch the fake miracle called Makara Joyothi. I wish our people shun this scam of an event like the Keralites have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom