What's new

A early prototype or Iranian Laser point defense revealed

Well I can't understand from were all these nonsense about targeting drones come out ,that company only work in medical fields.

well honestly you must expect such non sense from Israeli medias ,they always try attribute anything from Iran to IRGC or military just to add to Iranophobia .

There's an 'R' in drone, and it's not a vowel so there is no excuse. :tsk: :smart:
Auto correction!

Well I can't understand from were all these nonsense about targeting drones come out ,that company only work in medical fields.

well honestly you must expect such non sense from Israeli medias ,they always try attribute anything from Iran to IRGC or military just to add to Iranophobia .
Not this time. It actually came from Mashregh News. However, the photo may not be showing the real prototype:

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/fa/news/611931/نگاهی-به-دستاورد-جدید-لیزری-پدافند-ارتشعکس

You like it or not but Iran is going to join Pakistan as an ally in its next war.

Why would anyone fight India for pakistan? How delusional do you have to be?? Iran isn't run by idiots.

What's it's energy output ?
QPm60 mode actively Q- switch by a crystal KDP, and generate pulses of a few nanoseconds polarized width, frequency 10 Hz and 600 mJ of energy. In QPm20 mode used Cr+4: YAG Q- switch so long pulse width is reduced and also the frequency has improved to 50HZ.
http://shafaparto.ir/en/?p=200 and http://shafaparto.ir/en/?p=196

By comparison:

Electro-optical cavity-dumped Ce:Nd:YAG laser for aesthetic medicine
An electro-optical cavity-dumped 20 Hz Ce:Nd:YAG laser with an optimized thermal-insensitive concavo-convex cavity for aesthetic medicine was demonstrated. The pulse width remained constant at 6.0 ns. The maximum output energy and peak power were 120 mJ and 20 MW, respectively. The average output energy was very stable. The fluctuations of average output energy within 6 cycles and 10 min were 0.89% and 7.9%, respectively.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0030399212001570

600mJ of output energy and 40MW peak power is more than that.

Incidentally:

The Nd:YAG laser is the most common laser used in laser designators and laser rangefinders.
The Chinese ZM-87 blinding laser weapon uses a laser of this type
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nd:YAG_laser

Nd:Ce:YAG is an excellent laser material widely used for no-water cooling and miniature laser systems. In double doped Nd:Ce:YAG crystals Cerium are chosen as sensitizer for Nd3+ ions because of its strong absorption in UV spectral region at flash lamp pumping and efficient energy transfer to the Nd3+ excited state. As a result, thermal distortion in Nd: Ce:YAG is low and the output laser energy is greater than that in Nd:YAG at the same pumping. Therefore it is possible to realize high power lasers with good beam quality. Lasing wavelength at 1064 nm, laser damage threshold and thermal conductivity of the Nd: Ce:YAG crystals are the same as for Nd:YAG. It is the most ideal laser material for the air cooling lasers .It is suitable for different modes of operation (pulsed, Q-switched, mode locked) and high-average power lasers.

Main Features
  • High optical quality
  • High efficiency
  • Low threshold
  • Good thermal stability
  • Good anti-violet radiation property
http://www.u-optic.com/gid_160_prdid_163_pid_393_l_1

Last edited:
You need around 30kW energy output to down an UAV from 1 km distance.

You can inspect Rheinmetall HEL systems.
This one has a chiller attached to it. Should be far more than 40 - 100 W. You don't need chiller for such a low power. I don't think you'd find anything about a military type lase in their website.

I am wondering. Iran has developed many military hardware in the present. Does Iran manufacture all, I mean every components by them self, or do you import some of it?
No, it is not %100... No country can do that... Not because they can't but because some special parts sometimes small stuff can only produced in mega scale and therefore not every nation invests in them unless they really need them and they can't find it legally or illegally...

Depending on the sector of defense and weaponry Iran has to make %100 or lower percent of all parts and systems. Iran is under the harshest sanction on any kind of tech or product that can be used in its military... But you still can find some parts in black market and buy it for higher prices..

Iranian Navy is the one with the lowest imported needs and aerospace is the sector Iran needs more to import...

The extraordinary thing here is that no country on earth does what Iran does... No country on earth makes more percentage of its weaponry parts and systems locally like Iran... and I mean NO COUNTRY...

We have four advantages here and two disadvantage in what Iran is doing:

Advantages:
1- Iranian level of science and tech witness a surge...
2- Employment and economy in general benefit a lot...
3-Cheaper man power and expertise
4- Secrecy and uniqueness of systems are guaranteed until the day ZERO..

Dis:
1- It takes somehow more time and more budget to do whatever others doing with the help of other countries both technologically and financially..
2- To fix technological dead ends Iran has no one to help... It has to be done within Iran to never gets done

How Come I Can see Chinese Written ? On a Prototype made by iran ?
That could be just like a VARTA battery you put in your new space invention... Failed Epic!

Which enemy? Pakistan is not Iran's enemy.

As per my experiences I have formed the opinion that the Pakistani establishment is quite a bit hostile towards Iran. Even a healthy chunk amongst the general public of Pakistan are quite anti-Iran. Won't go into details as to why as that because then it will all turn controversial and off-topic.

On-topic: Good job Iran.

This one has a chiller attached to it. Should be far more than 40 - 100 W. You don't need chiller for such a low power. I don't think you'd find anything about a military type lase in their website.
that perfect for destroying tissues and you need a chiller if you want the user and patient be comfortable

Back
Top Bottom